Rangers Picture Thread

1 hour ago, Don54 said:

That's  the game  where the scum boycotted the game  , complaining about referees   ( seems they were  always at it ) att.  64,000 ,     other than those    pics I can't see any other source giving that date   ,   seen other sources listing date as    24 September 1949

4-1949-Rangers-v-Celtic.thumb.jpg.5414a6030656bf64b47096d8df10e181.jpg

The game was played on 24th Sept 1949.   The Picture Post was dated 15th October not the match.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

I was at that game.    Finished 1 each.  Seem to remember a wee flare-up during the game.  Brazil not too happy with our physical play.    I was quite young then.

I'm sure I posted a pic a good while back of Pele and Ron  McKinnon having  a wee debate  in that game

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

What is the story here Don?

Sophie, Countess of Wessex and her children James, Viscount Severn and Lady Louise Windsor

Scotland v New Zealand in the Rugby Severns at Ibrox Stadium during the Commonwealth games 2014

47 minutes ago, Don54 said:

Sophie, Countess of Wessex and her children James, Viscount Severn and Lady Louise Windsor

Scotland v New Zealand in the Rugby Severns at Ibrox Stadium during the Commonwealth games 2014

Thought that was the Rugby Tournament, look far to happy for the Ibrox boardroom and VIPs

42 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

It was amazing that he ever played again after the serious injury he got in Korea.   

A wee bit about the man here

https://web.archive.org/web/20080103040535/http://www.Rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/FeaturedPlayer/0,,5~1152392,00.html

This is quality   too

"One of the early games that sticks out in my mind was in the reserves against celtic at Ibrox. I was in direct opposition to the legendary Charlie Tully. At that time he was ready to retire and, apparently, they were giving him an extra season as thanks for his service"

"But I had no idea.    All I knew was that I was up against a great player. I just about put him in the stand with my first tackle. I did the same shortly after that. And then again after that. The Rangers support loved that and lapped it up. But after my third challenge on him he turned to me and said":      "Look son, if you just take it easy I'll give you the bloody ball!"

"Retired (and slightly portly) footballer Derek Johnstone with councillors Susan Baird (later a Lord Provost) and Hugh McRae at the opening of a new all-weather football pitch at Greenfield, photographed for the September 1987 issue of Glasgow City Council's newspaper The Bulletin."

TGSA00920_m.jpg

"Graeme Souness receiving the Lord Provost's 1990 Award for Sport from Susan Baird. The award was made for "helping to break down the sectarian barriers in football in the west of Scotland"

TGSA00935_m.jpg