How can the FA have got so little for their money?

Thermopylae

Has a football match even ever been held at Twickenham?

I think Twickenham will be harder to get as the planning controls for events are even tighter than Wembley? 

More difficult to get to too. Nearest tube is Hounslow East which is like a 30 minute walk, only overground services are close.

I actually really like Wembley. It's a good stadium and i've found it easy to get to and easy to get home from. Two tube stops with three different lines and two overground stations within 10 minutes walk.

46 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think Twickenham will be harder to get as the planning controls for events are even tighter than Wembley? 

More difficult to get to too. Nearest tube is Hounslow East which is like a 30 minute walk, only overground services are close.

I actually really like Wembley. It's a good stadium and i've found it easy to get to and easy to get home from. Two tube stops with three different lines and two overground stations within 10 minutes walk.

I think you  are right on the planning controls - the number of matches are restricted and I can't see the locals wanting tens of thousands of football supporters around the place every other week.

17 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Ray Wilkins was on the radio saying that Chelsea should move to Twickenham when the bridge is getting rebuilt because it's a far better football stadium than Wembley.... hard to believe when you look at the shed load of money the new home of football cost

They should have built it in the middle of the country just south of Birmingham where all the major motorways are close by.  Decent enough stadium though.

6 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I would have agreed with you until septic bulldozed their way into Hampden for a season despite local residents being told before the redevelopment that it's use for non-queen's park games would be very limited 

On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 14:40, McEwan's Lager said:

It really is. 

For comfortable match day experience it’s only beaten by the Emirates and Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane in my opinion of the various grounds I’ve been too.

Love Wembley.

Hate my record there right enough :lol::megaanguish:

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

Is that what the Hampden upgrade cost? :huh:

Yes most came from the national lottery and the blew it all on one stand a roof around the stadium, I know a bit more than that was done, but to the basic fan that was all we saw of it. 

I loved when we played them there and it was pissing from the heavens as they got soaked while wemwer covered behind the goals at least. ??

22 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Yes most came from the national lottery and the blew it all on one stand a roof around the stadium, I know a bit more than that was done, but to the basic fan that was all we saw of it. 

I loved when we played them there and it was pissing from the heavens as they got soaked while wemwer covered behind the goals at least. ??

I was at the 2000 cup final and was only 2 rows from the front of the Rangers end right behind the goal and as far as watching the game goes it was just completely pointless ... obviously 67 million quid doesn't buy you much these days :britney: