Alan Curbishley

What actually happened to him?

Did a great job at Charlton and had them punching above their weight for years. Went to West Ham and did ok there too but was never given another job after he left them.

It’s always seemed a strange one to me - especially when some absolutely terrible managers get job after job and aopportunity after opportunity.

I liked Curbs when he was with us, though because he sued the club for undermining him and selling key players behind his back, a lot of supporters turned against him for taking money away from a club in financial trouble before Sullivan, Gold and Brady began their own hatchet job. 

All Charlton fans I know adore the bloke. 

2 hours ago, East London Loyal said:

I liked Curbs when he was with us, though because he sued the club for undermining him and selling key players behind his back, a lot of supporters turned against him for taking money away from a club in financial trouble before Sullivan, Gold and Brady began their own hatchet job. 

All Charlton fans I know adore the bloke. 

Do you think the case he won against West Ham might have played a part in why he can’t get another job. Maybe it’s seen him ‘blacklisted’ by chairman as awkward or a potential troublemaker for want of a better phrase?

15 hours ago, ALerone said:

Curbs & Hoddle not being in work is a travesty when Pulis, Pardew & Adkins still do the rounds..

Glenn Hoddle should thank his lucky stars that people in sport have short memories and forgot that he’s a fucking disgrace of a human being. 

He’s lucky to be on television, let alone in any other gainful employment in sport.

20 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Do you think the case he won against West Ham might have played a part in why he can’t get another job. Maybe it’s seen him ‘blacklisted’ by chairman as awkward or a potential troublemaker for want of a better phrase?

Yes I do. Though personally, I make him 100% right. 

3 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

Glenn Hoddle is up there with Paul Merson on the thickness scale.

Merson knows he ain't the sharpest tool..and takes the piss out of himself..Hoddle is a sanctimonious smartarse who has some extremely distasteful views and opinions..A prick of a man.