Halliday

bordersbear

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see the problem with giving him another chance. Maybe didn't enthral us first time around but he's still a Rangers player (well he's on our books). If he still rolls around more than does anything decent then we let him go. If he still has something to offer, then let's see it. It's up to him.

Murty should be able to see what he thinks of any player on our books, and if he thinks AH would be beneficial in our squad then so be it.

Whilst I don't particularly rate him I also think he was completely unsuited to the defensive holding role.  

A bit middle of the road on this one and would rather see plenty others (the Dalcio, Niko, Hodson, MoH, Dodoo, Herrera) bumped out the squad and replaced before AH.

He's pish but I'd consider trying him out at left-back before calling time on his Rangers career. 

If nothing else he's another midfielder numbers-wise.

He's more established and would offer more than Barjonas would just now so with Jack's temprement, Dorrans still out for another 7-weeks or so, Nico being past it, Pena maybe heading out the door, Nemane & Dalcio heading back to their parent clubs (I know they're wingers not central players) it might at times only really leave Holt and McCrorie in the middle constantly fit and available for selection.

That's not me making a case for Halliday it's just me trying to come to terms with having him back. 

If he played every game like that semi final then he would be great. Having him, Jack, Dorrans and McCrorie all in a team at same time would be good. All Rangers fans (?) playing for the badge

6 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

Maybe he might get chance in his natural postion now instead of Bartons replacement I hope he proves many wrong tbh.

Halliday wasn't signed as Barton's replacement.  Barton was signed to replace Halliday after he proved himself to be inept in that CDM role.  Halliday started last season as CM but was shite their too.

What is Halliday's natural position anyway?  We already have two LBs.  is he a left-winger perhaps?

Archived