Welcome to Rangers Jamie Murphy

Lloyd

22 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

We got the player we were after. What does it matter regarding instalments or up front payments? He's signed! 

Welcome Jamie.

Aye I'm well happy but why a fucking loan just buy him nae fuckin about with 6month loans n deal at end I think he is our top signing just wanted him to belong to us and that's down to fuds at the top it is a case of put the cash down imo.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't pay up front if you don't need too. Cash flow is what any sensible business is about. How much do we have out on our other players ATM. and what have we got  out of them so far? Even Dorrans has  not returned anything yet of his fee really.  If anyone thinks we can keep spunking a million at a time just to be flash with the cash, think again. The Board have provided cash...........managers have wasted it!  Prudence is needed.

I don't know about this belong thing. We have hardly made money on a player for years and contracts are a double edged sword in many ways,especially when things don't work out on the field.

Oh and welcome to Rangers Jamie!

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Good player and I'm delighted he's here in some form but the loan is setting alarm bells ringing in regards to a few things.

The wording is interesting "expected to become permanent" meaning that if he tears the league up, Brighton could pull the plug or sell him for more money - or my concerns could be unfounded and there's an agreement in place that if we decide we do want to keep him, the fees are set in stone contractually.

Or - he flops and we decide not to buy him. You could think of it that way too

22 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

Don't pay up front if you don't need too. Cash flow is what any sensible business is about. How much do we have out on our other players ATM. and what have we got  out of them so far? Even Dorrans has  not returned anything yet of his fee really.  If anyone thinks we can keep spunking a million at a time just to be flash with the cash, think again. The Board have provided cash...........managers have wasted it!  Prudence is needed.

I don't know about this belong thing. We have hardly made money on a player for years and contracts are a double edged sword in many ways,especially when things don't work out on the field.

Were not a sensible business. 

Maybe not the perfect scenario but he is here and that is what matters most, Warburton and Pedro spunking our dough on duds  led to this situation, hopefully a stream of the non producers heading for the exit will give a boost to our finances, the  Mexican/Portuguese/ last cheque old pros/filling our side from the lower English leagues with hit and miss failures are four directions we should never head again allied to managers with no cv to speak of, the last two pre Murty done us no favours at all, chip in McCoists shambolic dealings and you can see we are where we are.

Common sense must prevail from here on in, good tried and tested quality footballers are the way to go.

Welcome to The Rangers Jamie Murphy.

Signing up Ross  McCrorie  long term getting Jimmy Nicholl in and now Murphy, that to me in the glass half full loyal looks like we are heading the right way.

Welcome Jamie.

Would rather have signed him now. Haven' looked at the EPL but I imagine Brighton may be looking at players they may want to keep if they go down? Or more than likely our board haven't got a penny to rub together.

Regardless a marked improvement in quality.

Is it ok to think that having a player in on-loan is somehow second rate,  yet when we send out a player on-loan that that is prudent. To enhance their experience and increase their game time.

Canny have it both ways.

Welcome to Ibrox Jamie, long may you remain. WATP

1 hour ago, Orange Persson said:

This deal also means we might still have a bit of cash to bring in someone else in this window, not bad imo. 

1 hour ago, Orange Persson said:

Absolutely, pay the fee at the time of the year (ST renewal) when we have cash available, use any funds we have to strengthen other areas of the squad in this window 

7 hours ago, MasterD said:

The team he was at only gave him 4 games in the EPL.

Do you genuenly believe if he has a good few months in the SPL an EPL team is suddenly going to want to buy him to play him in a league he’s never properly played in where even a manager that liked and knew him didn’t trust him to play in?

He’s decent, not a world beater, and a few good months here at 28 years old isn’t going to turn any heads at newly promoted EPL teams. Worrying about nothing.

Exactly this. They would surely have happily sold him to us. 

This is the perfect way to make a signing, if he is honking we can say thanks, but no thanks. How effective that would of been with Pena and co.

However, thats not going to happen with this lad, he knows what is required and is a better calibre of player.

55 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Welcome Jamie.

Would rather have signed him now. Haven' looked at the EPL but I imagine Brighton may be looking at players they may want to keep if they go down? Or more than likely our board haven't got a penny to rub together.

Regardless a marked improvement in quality.

The way it reads to me is that Brighton didn't want to sell now, and preferred a loan deal.

Could be that they want the option of Murphy back if they do go down considering how he tore it up last season.

2 minutes ago, chris182 said:

The way it reads to me is that Brighton didn't want to sell now, and preferred a loan deal.

Could be that they want the option of Murphy back if they do go down considering how he tore it up last season.

The way it reads to me is Brighton know we're skint and didn't trust us to pay in instalments. As I said at the start of the thread if he wasn't a Rangers fan I think they'd have told us to do one 

2 minutes ago, thehost said:

Not at all. By the way, I have some beans that you can buy. Don't tell anyone, but they are magic.

PM me for details.

PM'd

Why the tone? Is this scenario not entirely possible? Or do you have first hand information you want to share with the message board? Were you part of the negotiations?

Delighted we have him but must admit I dont like the idea of a loan but it could make a bit of sense. I mean say he doesnt fare to well, another Pena if you like, and we are stuck paying over the odds for another player.

That being said I dont think thats the reason we have done this, more a case of another example of how poorly our board act in these matters.

Cant help but feel sorry for Murphy, this should be the greatest day of his life but we have managed to turn a great signing all us Rangers fan wanted from a positive into a negative.

8 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Are you serious?? You think it's acceptable that the board couldn't afford a player so have decided to wait til the summer so that me and everyone else who pays their season ticket money can afford to pay him?

I purchase my season ticket to guarantee my ticket to watch the team on the park not to bail King and his cronies out.

Sorry, but are you serious? What football club or business would be considered to be ripping off the customer by spending actual business revenue streams on new assets?? In a structured deal?

Why should the shareholders put their hand in their pocket again, rather than spend "your" money that you have paid to the business in return for a service? 

Oh, and because of the way the deal is structured you are getting some of that service in advance (seeing Murphy). 

This board have never hidden an ambition to make the club self sustaining. Upfront investment was expected but they have funded the club and we will understand the extent of that when they convert it to shares.