Morelos to leave before the end of February [Rocksport Radio]

Lloyd

Look at it a different way,

We have a promising player, would you rather a EPL team looked at him with the view of them being promising and playing in a competitive league so pay a decent price for him or would you rather they thought he plays in a shite league so we would be taking a gamble with him so offer sub million as a starter and we lose out on a decent fee like we did with McKay

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The more I think about it, a stronger Scottish game would be to the detriment of Rangers - less chance of success, stronger teams with more influence money and support treating us like even bigger mugs, extended bridge building and arse licking to get into bed with them from our scumbag custodians, sharing honours etc all for what exactly? To have the same chance of success in Europe anyway? 

If it were upto me I’d love what celtic have had these past few years and a 1 horse race to just clean up for ourselves 

our club and support owe Scottish football NOTHING

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The more I think about it, a stronger Scottish game would be to the detriment of Rangers - less chance of success, stronger teams with more influence money and support treating us like even bigger mugs, extended bridge building and arse licking to get into bed with them from our scumbag custodians, sharing honours etc all for what exactly? To have the same chance of success in Europe anyway? 

If it were upto me I’d love what celtic have had these past few years and a 1 horse race to just clean up for ourselves 

That's you opinion and your entitled to it but I believe most fans would appreciate watching a higher standard of football. If the other teams in the division had greater resources then this would only push Rangers on surely as we as fans would demand it. An improved tv deal with a partner that actually believes in promoting the game here would be a massive boost for our game and the overall viewing experience of ordinary punters.

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Don’t agree with that I think that’s a bit of a myth the 3 best seasons for Scottish clubs in Europe us in 1992/93 Scotland were getting pumped 5-0 off Portugal and Switzerland hammering them too as they failed to qualify for USA 94  probably the worst World Cup in terms in quality .. celtic were no challenge in the league and almost out of business 

celtic Seville 2003 mighty Zizkov meant we had no Euro involvement and the Scotland team weren’t qualifying for anything tournie and I’m pretty positive without looking at the other results Motherwell and Dunfermline or whoever we’re in Europe for Scotland made no waves at all - in fact they didn’t 

us Manchester 09 Scotland had failed a few months earlier for another majors and the other Scottish teams in Europe got fucked out early rounds off fisherman and postmen in their games 

We don’t need a strong Scotland to flourish just a strong Rangers 

Positive that was a good year for Scottish teams tbh mate, think the tarriers got last 16 and Aberdeen last 32 of the UEFA cup

5 minutes ago, jingotreblefunf said:

That's you opinion and your entitled to it but I believe most fans would appreciate watching a higher standard of football. If the other teams in the division had greater resources then this would only push Rangers on surely as we as fans would demand it. An improved tv deal with a partner that actually believes in promoting the game here would be a massive boost for our game and the overall viewing experience of ordinary punters.

I would appreciate seeing Rangers win that’s My only concern - you are right in the sense there are some folk who would like that but why would they care about it after what we’ve been through and the fact we don’t need really it and even possibly at the expense of Rangers success 

when it comes to the crunch a lot of these same people are the first ones to also say before a cup game draw weakest team at Ibrox is who they want because they don’t care about a good game, not really when it comes to it - only Rangers success 

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Positive that was a good year for Scottish teams tbh mate, think the tarriers got last 16 and Aberdeen last 32 of the UEFA cup

Ok then - how did that great season for Scottish football put us in stead for the following season? Kaunas - in a way it proves my point even better ... a great season for Scottish football teams then about 5/6 weeks later we get handed our arses off of Kaunas 

we only need a strong Rangers 

23 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You constantly say how shite some of our player are, you also said Murphy would be a boost to the team having played in the EPL etc

Would you not rather have a strong league with money to spend and get these players in their prime rather than  being a nursery or retirement home for EPL players?

Sean Goss has been decent but it's a fucking embarrassment that he is at us on a "development loan" we are Rangers, we shouldn't be a club being used for development loans for a team In the English championship we should be loaning players to them

6 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Mate if you think a club like ours nowadays can afford to turn down an £11 million offer for a player that can be as wasteful in front of goal as AM when Cummings is sat on the bench then your football knowledge leaves a lot to be desired! 

We can afford to turn down £11m though. 

2 hours ago, backup said:

54 pages of conjecture over an unconfirmed rumour must be near some sort of record.

:lol:

Pathetic man. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Ok then - how did that great season for Scottish football put us in stead for the following season? Kaunas - in a way it proves my point even better ... a great season for Scottish football teams then about 5/6 weeks later we get handed our arses off of Kaunas 

we only need a strong Rangers 

A don't disagree with the initial point. 

Was only because I'm positive that's the best Scottish European season I can remember

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

You would say that being a snakey yes voting cunt pennywise 

do you dispute the examples I gave when we’ve done well on the bigger stage and will attempt to tell that the Scottish game was great then? Go on ...

A European Cup run from 25 years ago and a UEFA cup final signifies that we are making great strides in Europe despite playing shitey teams every week in the SPFL? If you seriously think that then you must be mental. 

Fuck Scottish football. I want Rangers to win everything, every year and beat every team every single time we play them. We owe this country fuck all. I hope Aberdeen do move to a new stadium, finish 4th the next 4 years and go bankrupt. I hope Hibs consistently battle it out for 3rd for the next 50 years while gloating over 1 cup whilst we’ve won another 35 

I hope we win the league every single season with tarriers throwing themselves off parkhead again and I hope Dundee Utd go bust never to be seen again

1 minute ago, The Scunner said:

A European Cup run from 25 years ago and a UEFA cup final signifies that we are making great strides in Europe despite playing shitey teams every week in the SPFL? If you seriously think that then you must be mental. 

I gave other examples - read them before commenting 

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I would appreciate seeing Rangers win that’s My only concern - you are right in the sense there are some folk who would like that but why would they care about it after what we’ve been through and the fact we don’t need really it and even possibly at the expense of Rangers success 

when it comes to the crunch a lot of these same people are the first ones to also say before a cup game draw weakest team at Ibrox is who they want because they don’t care about a good game, not really when it comes to it - only Rangers success 

I'm torn between agreeing with your and not. On the one hand I'm all for a dominant Rangers domestically and us wiping the floor with every opposition in our wake, honestly couldn't care less about other teams or the national team.

On the other hand Rangers competing in Europe is where I want to see my team; football is going one way and only getting richer. The game in Scotland as it is has very low brand recognition and therefore we're losing out on the monies flying about the game. The only way this will change is with improved standards, which improves interest and therefore improves monies into the game. 

However I think the likely hood of that happening is very low; especially considering the poisonous attitude every other club in Scotland towards us - the only way Scottish football will move forward and improve is through collaboration. Which won't happen and most Rangers fans (rightly) couldn't give two fucks about anyway. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I gave other examples - read them before commenting 

You could give hundreds of examples, but you're still talking pish. Good teams need to be playing in strong leagues against good teams to then go and compete in Europe. We've had great players and teams over the years who should have ran rampant in Europe, but after getting used to playing shite every week they simply couldn't step up to the level required when faced with a quality team.

I can't see how anyone can argue this point, but I'm sure you'll give it a go.

You could give hundreds of examples, but you're still talking pish. Good teams need to be playing in strong leagues against good teams to then go and compete in Europe. We've had great players and teams over the years who should have ran rampant in Europe, but after getting used to playing shite every week they simply couldn't step up to the level required when faced with a quality team.

I can't see how anyone can argue this point, but I'm sure you'll give it a go.

So I can give hundreds of examples of seasons we’ve done ok in Europe and celtic too despite the league being shite and a 2 horse race but it doesn’t matter because a stronger Scottish game would do the same thing anyway in an ideal world? 

You any idea how much of a retard you sound? Typical yes voter too Scotland before anyone and anything including the team you pretend to love 

14 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Fuck Scottish football.

Yourself and KAI are right, fuck the rest, get Rangers back to where we belong at the top of the game in Scotland then take it from there.

A few decent transfers isn't suddenly going to make the Scottish game fantastic, our league and it's format with the split etc is a joke and other countries don't take it serious and never will.

If we get back into the champions league, which is getting more difficult each year, then we can showcase our talents and command bigger fees for players.

I can see an Atlantic style league taking off in the next 5 to 10 years, the exposure and revenue in that would be substantially more and with smaller countries (ourselves, Holland, Belgium etc) becoming more agitated with the elite getting all the money then it becomes even more a possibility.

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

So I can give hundreds of examples of seasons we’ve done ok in Europe and celtic too despite the league being shite and a 2 horse race but it doesn’t matter because a stronger Scottish game would do the same thing anyway in an ideal world? 

You any idea how much of a retard you sound? Typical yes voter too Scotland before anyone and anything including the team you pretend to love 

Hundreds of examples :lol:

We've been shite in Europe for decades, along with the tims. One European Cup run, one qualification from the CL group stage and a UEFA final is all we've achieved since 1972. But playing the likes of Hamilton, Motherwell and Partick Thistle has had no bearing on our ability to compete in Europe in all that time?

I don't actually think you believe half the pish you type, because even though I know you're a complete dunce, nobody can seriously be that thick.

Hundreds of examples :lol:

We've been shite in Europe for decades, along with the tims. One European Cup run, one qualification from the CL group stage and a UEFA final is all we've achieved since 1972. But playing the likes of Hamilton, Motherwell and Partick Thistle has had no bearing on our ability to compete in Europe in all that time?

I don't actually think you believe half the pish you type, because even though I know you're a complete dunce, nobody can seriously be that thick.

It was you that said I could give hundreds of examples :lol: I was repeating back your logic 

spazie factor off the scale with you - literally is 

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Can't see Morelos making the world cup squad.

Falcao, Bacca and Muriel are certs. Then you have Gutierrez or Martinez as most likely being 4th choice before taking into account other strikers who have been capped by Colombia and scored some goals.

You are right on this. The media of recently have been speaking of players in every position that is available to be for selection. They are naming every possible player in Europe. Means nothing. I remember when they spoke of the strikers and Morelos name was said and then automatic dismissed. They say he scores goals in Scotland but its not a good level and all strikers for Colombia can score in this level. I said before many times he wont get to play for us in the World Cup, in the future yes if he moves but in this moment he can only hope for some minutes in a friendly and no more. Falcao, Muriel, Duvan Zapata and Bacca are main 4 strikers. After them you can pick Miguel Borja, Teo Guttierez, Santos Borre, Ayron Del Valle, Marlos Moreno etc. I do not remember the last time Jackson Martinez even play for la seleccion. He is not much in the picture.

Archived