Bates is off

jjbscotty12

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Wire said:

I won't get upset unless we don't recruit well in his position in the summer. 

Its more than likely youll be getting upset then, good centre halfs are thin on the ground and while he aint a great footballer he was a good centre half.

1 minute ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Why he's bang average and not really cos Hamburg are about to be relegated.

He’s young he’s the best of the current CB. 

Now unless you know the 4 CB’s we are singing in the summer and they a good step up from Bates then your only guessing if this is a good tho for the club. 

Also walked away for fuck all so we have no sell on clause if he does kick on at Hamburg. 

I’m hoping the ‘dof’ has a replacement of a higher quality in his plans for the coming season. I wish Bates the best of luck in his new endeavour however it saddens me that if the choice was his own to make he opted to join the German club instead if extending his time at Ibrox...

As much as I’d have rather kept him how anyone can say poor from the club is beyond me. 

We have no idea what they are willing to pay him. Should we have paid him more regardless?

6 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Wholeheartedly disagree. He’ll be a full international for Scotland within a year and will continue to improve tenfold. The criticism he got during his time here has been ridiculous.

Not bad at defending, one of the worst footballers i’ve seen.

He’ll be at Hibs or Hearts within a year.

16 minutes ago, Smile said:

Typical of how short-sighted this board is.

Maybe his demands were far too high and we thought we would get greater value bringing someone else in in the summer.

sad to lose a young Scott but he wasn’t  an outstanding player to take us forward.

Archived