Is Barisic the new Papac

GrandSuckMaster

On Saturday we also attacked more often down the right flank than the left, meaning Barisic was operating more defensively. Understandably, he hasn't developed the same understanding with Kent as Tav and Candeias have. Once we get a more settled team, we'll see the best from him.

13 minutes ago, Malvern said:

A few on the thread, 5 comes to mind. i think the lad is solid enough and comfortable on the ball so let him grow into the league after three games.

Saying you rated him as a 5 and weren't impressed on Saturday is hardly having a go at him.

Only thing that's frustrated me about him so far is his reluctance to release the ball to the player in front when they make a run. Then he done it on Saturday and the ball went out the park. So just needs to work on that then I won't be able to fault any part of his game. Good at short passes and crosses, but not great at the through ball down the line. That's coachable though so something for him to work on...

Don't think Papac is a fair comparison, his success was a total surprise and he cost under a million I'm sure. A converted, pretty poor centre half that nobody thought would be kept once Walter was in. An unsung hero and immaculate professional.

I have to be honest and say I expect more from the signing of Barisic and I think we will get more. Once settled and more confident I think he will be a real standout. More attack minded than Papac, and his deliveries are almost always quality. We've spent a fair whack on him, and as long as he's contracted and stays injury free then it's win win for us. He performs really well, we make a big profit. If he plays well enough and is consistent (Papac comparison now) then we have a position sorted for many years.

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Dundee right back better than tav aye ? ?

He doesn't get forward as much. His first game straight after kick off he was ahead of Murphy. Murphy was looking at him like wit the fuck? Looked lost (Murphy) after the sending off he never went beyond Murphy again. He's learning to time his runs quickly, rather than just head straight past the winger as soon as we get the ball. 

9 minutes ago, Bluenose-11 said:

Average for me.

Do appreciate he hasn’t been here too long and I expect him to get much better. No doub. I am surprised he’s as high up the pecking order for Croatia as he is though, which hopefully suggests he’s yet to show his best

He was one of the best players on the park against Portugal.