The potential 5th penalty

jbm26896

4 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Highlights of all 5 are on the BBC sport site now

Really? They must have updated the match highlights as there was nothing on the Morelos incident when I looked earlier. Or is it in that separate piece they did on the penalties perhaps? I didn't view that as I expected it to be a whine-fest ...

23 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Really? They must have updated the match highlights as there was nothing on the Morelos incident when I looked earlier. Or is it in that separate piece they did on the penalties perhaps? I didn't view that as I expected it to be a whine-fest ...

Aye mate desperate piece, it came up on the app anyway 👍 was only posted a couple of hours ago.

I don't usually watch sportscene but I did yesterday it did show the what should have been penalty incident with morelos. Then that prick Michael Stewart says the first penalty and the challenge on morelos were the only two that should have been given. The other three were not penalties.

12 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

I think the ref was stopping at 3. The 4th he gave a free-kick as he thought it was outside the box. The lino signalled it was in the box,  therefore had to be a pen as he had called a foul.

The second where defo is feeling sheepish about his clumsy fall wasn't a pen . The one where Alfredo went down near the end wasn't a penalty .

The rest were penalties . The beggars infested media will have a field day putting further pressure on the Refs, insinuating that Dallas favours us

7 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Could be wrong but I have the feeling that people get away with fouling Morelos more so than other players. Should have been a penalty.

And yet the one Morelos got booked for looked a dive. He's the most wrongly penalised player on the country.

36 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The second where defo is feeling sheepish about his clumsy fall wasn't a pen . The one where Alfredo went down near the end wasn't a penalty .

The rest were penalties . The beggars infested media will have a field day putting further pressure on the Refs, insinuating that Dallas favours us

It's the beggars way. 

Stats show they consistently  get more pens than us and we get more reds & bookings than them.

THE HURT!!!!! 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47116443

Kilmarnock manager Steve Clarke is growing "increasingly disappointed" with the standard of refereeing and calling for greater consistency.

Clarke said referee Steven McLean had "no control of the game" following Friday's loss to Hearts.

And the Killie boss was puzzled by some of the decisions in the games involving celtic and Rangers over the weekend.

"It would be nice to see people in authority start to address the situation," said Clarke.

Clarke pointed out that celtic's James Forrest was booked for going into the crowd to celebrate a goal at St Johnstone on Sunday, while team-mate Timothy Weah did the same thing and escaped without a caution.

He also suggested mistakes were made at Ibrox, with Rangers scoring from three of the four penalties awarded and being denied strong claims for a fifth.

'Five penalty decisions... one correct'

"You sit here on a Monday after a weekend where everybody talks about referees, consistency of refereeing," said Clarke.

"One player runs to the crowd yesterday to celebrate a goal and gets a yellow card. One player runs to the crowd to celebrate a goal and doesn't get a yellow card.

"Five penalty decisions in one game, one correct, four wrong.

"There was an offside decision in our game on Friday. Insignificant. It wasn't in a dangerous position, it was offside, given by the east stand linesman. Three metres onside. The length of this desk and more.

"Has he been pulled up about it, has he been shown it? Has he been told he was wrong? Probably not. Probably doesn't know it's a mistake. It has to be sorted."

Asked if he was becoming increasingly exasperated, the former West Brom and Reading boss said: "Increasingly disappointed that nothing has been done to address it. Nothing.

"One of our players (Jordan Jones) was suspended for two games earlier in the season for going to ground too easily. There was a media furore. A witch hunt against the player.

"Nothing on the same scale from Saturday's game, Rangers versus St Mirren (with Jermain Defoe winning a spot-kick after a challenge from Paul McGinn).

"Hopefully the compliance officer [Clare Whyte] will do her job. It doesn't affect us, I am not particularly advocating (a sanction), but I just want consistency.

"So if our player gets a two-game ban, I look forward to seeing what happens this week."

:lol::lol::lol::lol: