Gerrard, we have made progress

backup

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

My expectation was to finish a strong second. How the points are broken down dont really matter as much. 

Is it ok to beat these teams more but drop 12 points v the scum?. Is it ok to beat them more but lose even more points to lower teams?  Round in circles.

The bottom line is points. I'd not give a fuck who we get full points against and who we drop points to if we win the league. Nor will you.  We're on course to do better than 10 other teams in the league, so progress is being made. Next season more progress is required, the league needs won, and I'm sure that improving on results v top 6 teams will be identified as part of the means of doing that.

What were your expectations at the start of the season?

Greedily a cup, but at least a final, especially given the money he'd spent by the end of the window 

Also the league to be closer, 

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

So one draw in 6 games? Tragic record.  SG wasnt a first coach before he came here either. Both were rookies. 

One draw in 6 games against a team spending double us in wages 

Aberdeen have beaten us 3 times in 6 games this season, is that acceptable? 

4 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

You do post some amount of shite yourself tbf.

The post last night saying you would rather win a domestic cup before earning millions in Europe is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever seen posted on here.

Fuck knows what's happened to you tbh.

Supporting Rangers used to be about winning cups and league titles now it’s about filling our bank account 🙁

Having money to spend doesn’t necessarily mean next season we’ll be filling the trophy cabinet.

I must be a mongo too mate because I would rather have taken my boy to hampden and watch us lift a domestic cup. 

Maybe next year when we spend our millions though eh.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You’re a plague on society, cock sucking pansy.

Is it, so wanting to actually win things is stupid? Stick to photoshops.

Calling me out, ok Mike Tyson.

I just went and checked and as I suspected you were talking shite.

Talkin shite aye? So that wasny you in the pic writing exactly what i said you did?,

What happened? Did that rat bastard McGregor hack your account or did @BlueMe photoshop it?,

20190410_124630.jpg

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Supporting Rangers used to be about winning cups and league titles now it’s about filling our bank account 🙁

Having money to spend doesn’t necessarily mean next season we’ll be filling the trophy cabinet.

I must be a mongo too mate because I would rather have taken my boy to hampden and watch us lift a domestic cup. 

They both go hand in hand mate. 

You cant have cups and league titles regularly without the money and the money has to come first. So I can see the  point he is making. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Being sound financially is more important at the moment. Sort out our finances then we can start worrying about winning diddy cups again.

European money this year has given us the opportunity to get a lot closer to celtic next year. If we had won the league cup instead of making the Europa league groups this year, we would be even further behind them again.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

1 hour ago, Strathaven_Loyal said:

Calling Dodds a donkey is utter pish. He wasn't amazing but he had a decent scoring record and scored some important goals for us.

we signed him from dundee utd on the back of scoring 20+ goals for them in a season. He scored little over that in nearly three with us. 

5 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Turning down £15m is the stupid part. 

Morbidly obese mongo.

Not taking trophies is the stupid part. 

Gonny get new patter.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Talkin shite aye? So that wasny you in the pic writing exactly what i said you did?,

What happened? Did that rat bastard McGregor hack your account or did @BlueMe photoshop it?,

20190410_124630.jpg

Fair enough, I never seen that when looking. Now if it was serious I’d take your point but no.

This season can be viewed however you choose to view it.

On the one hand you could argue there's been a noticeable upgrade in player quality, we've finished second and had a good European run.

On the other hand you could argue domestic form has been poor and we've failed in a lot of the big games.

My personal view is there has been progress but just not as much as we would of liked. This season has been a big opportunity missed but I still think Gerrard is the right man for the job but I expect more next year. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Gonny get new patter.

Not as stupid as wanting the club to lose out on £15m, that's beyond stupid tbf.

What patter mate? Calling you a morbidly obese mongo is a fact, not patter. 

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They both go hand in hand mate. 

You cant have cups and league titles regularly without the money and the money has to come first. So I can see the  point he is making. 

The money that dave promised

And lets be honest, the europa league isnt wealthy enough to fund a team to win the league, especially if the tarriers make the CL, we need the league first to both deny them the chance of millions and give us the chance to earn said millions

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Gonny get new patter.

Fair enough, I never seen that when looking. Now if it was serious I’d take your point but no.

Admitting it is the first step mate.

Being sound financially is more important at the moment. Sort out our finances then we can start worrying about winning diddy cups again.

European money this year has given us the opportunity to get a lot closer to celtic next year. If we had won the league cup instead of making the Europa league groups this year, we would be even further behind them again.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

It should have been both Tbh mate or a least a final appearance in one of the cups but it is what it is, I get the point you make but calling people stupid or mongos because they would rather see us lift a trophy than fill our bank account is a bit meh... 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The money that dave promised

And lets be honest, the europa league isnt wealthy enough to fund a team to win the league, especially if the tarriers make the CL, we need the league first to both deny them the chance of millions and give us the chance to earn said millions

What was the rough Europa figures we took this year? I know years gone by it has been buttons

Not as stupid as wanting the club to lose out on £15m, that's beyond stupid tbf.

What patter mate? Calling you a morbidly obese mongo is a fact, not patter. 

If we were some sort wee club like Hearts or Aberdeen then maybe I’d agree but we’re not.

It’s laughable how unfunny you are, again stick to photoshop

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

It should have been both Tbh mate or a least a final appearance in one of the cups but it is what it is, I get the point you make but calling people stupid or mongos because they would rather see us lift a trophy than fill our bank account is a bit meh... 

I agree, we should be making a cup final and I'm disappointed we didn't.

I'm calling him stupid because he is stupid tbf.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If we were some sort wee club like Hearts or Aberdeen then maybe I’d agree but we’re not.

It’s laughable how unfunny you are, again stick to photoshop

Fuck knows why your talking about Hearts and Aberdeen tbh, we need as much money as possible to close the gap on celtic. They have a wage budget three times ours and a turnover more than double ours. Winning a league cup is pointless if we can't consistently compete with them, and we can't do that without money.

We both know I'm funny, so no point adding lies to your stupidity.

3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Fuck knows why your talking about Hearts and Aberdeen tbh, we need as much money as possible to close the gap on celtic. They have a wage budget three times ours and a turnover more than double ours. Winning a league cup is pointless if we can't consistently compete with them, and we can't do that without money.

We both know I'm funny, so no point adding lies to your stupidity.

Because if I supported a wee team like that I’d be happy with Europe over trophies.

You’re really aren’t

Archived