Fine margins

AlCapone

10 hours ago, SPWF said:

We’ve lost the league this season, they haven’t won it. Last minute goals to Aberdeen, Motherwell and Kilmarnock have fucked us. And that’s no even considering the two OF we’ve lost and the fact we haven’t beat Hibs yet. 

They’ve won it by scoring a lot of goals in 80+ minutes of games. Be it against us, Dundee, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc.

We on the other hand have had a lot of games in similar situations where we haven’t been able to make that breakthrough. 

32 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Agreed, I still have hope for the helicopter changing direction but if we're debating ifs in this thread, then I'd say bad decisions by refs have cost us 10+ points and silverware.

I believe we need to still aim for 2nd to have any claim on titles, that will be taken off them, when they are exposed for cheating.

fuck sake 😂

17 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

They’ve won it by scoring a lot of goals in 80+ minutes of games. Be it against us, Dundee, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc.

We on the other hand have had a lot of games in similar situations where we haven’t been able to make that breakthrough. 

It’s absolutely this. 

Since mid Feb they have only beaten St Mirren & Motherwell in the league without a goal in the last few minutes. 

Killie, Hearts & Dundee were all injury time winners then the goal against us was pretty late. 

In the same period we’ve dropped points against St Johnstone, Kilmarnock & Hibs - all games we should have won but been unable to. Then a calamity defensively to gift celtic the win against us. 

It’s fine margins but it comes from mentality & muscle memory - they have players that know how to get over the line. We don’t. 

12 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If they had won the one in December they would be further ahead. 

Pointless thread.

I think the important thing is that they were never winning the game in December- we actually demolished them in that game. When was the last time we could say that?  I also believe we are not far away- in touching distance of 55- and they are going into melt down

13 hours ago, SPWF said:

We’ve lost the league this season, they haven’t won it. Last minute goals to Aberdeen, Motherwell and Kilmarnock have fucked us. And that’s no even considering the two OF we’ve lost and the fact we haven’t beat Hibs yet. 

Of course they have won it, they have gained more points than we have...

Its ok sitting there saying, last minute goals cost us against Aberdeen, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, but do you not think they are sitting saying the same thing? 

We always kicked into another gear the last few games of the season because we knew we had to win, if there was more of a challenge from us, they might have done the same.

The threads all very good to discuss what might have been, but to say they haven't won it it just daft!

48 minutes ago, Del said:

Of course they have won it, they have gained more points than we have...

Its ok sitting there saying, last minute goals cost us against Aberdeen, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, but do you not think they are sitting saying the same thing? 

We always kicked into another gear the last few games of the season because we knew we had to win, if there was more of a challenge from us, they might have done the same.

The threads all very good to discuss what might have been, but to say they haven't won it it just daft!

They’ve won it, but we handed it to them. 

The frustration is that the league was there for the taking. 

17 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

They’ve won it, but we handed it to them. 

The frustration is that the league was there for the taking. 

As I said, I can see the sense in discussing it, but Hearts will have threads about injuries costing them, Kilmarnock about us signing Jones and Stewart being recalled, Aberdeen about lack of investment...

Our own actions may have played a bigger part in some results than the other teams suffered, Morelos yellow at Ayr and missing the semi, players being sent off in important matches etc but it would have been interesting to see how they reacted with a period of sustained pressure.