*****Official Killie v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

The 352 and kamberi up top 

We've never used that system, Morelos has never looked comfortable in a pair, the squad probably aren't yet used to Kamberis strengths. Our centre halves have never played as a 3 either. Oh and we've got 3 days to practice a whole new formation.

If Gerrard tries it and it doesnt work with us dropping points will you fight his corner against inevitable shouts for him to go?

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We've never used that system, Morelos has never looked comfortable in a pair, the squad probably aren't yet used to Kamberis strengths. Our centre halves have never played as a 3 either. Oh and we've got 3 days to practice a whole new formation.

If Gerrard tries it and it doesnt work with us dropping points will you fight his corner against inevitable shouts for him to go?

Yup, because if we play halliday on the left killie will simply overload our right hand side and it will be like watching flanagan again, 

Unless he simply tweaks the system, plays flanagan and instead moves the number tens wider as wingers (kent and aribo) and gives hagi and arfield free run in the number ten role

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yup, because if we play halliday on the left killie will simply overload our right hand side and it will be like watching flanagan again, 

Unless he simply tweaks the system, plays flanagan and instead moves the number tens wider as wingers (kent and aribo) and gives hagi and arfield free run in the number ten role

I'm sure you would mate.  I wouldnt. I'd crucify him for utter incompetence and stupidity.

I don't think theres an ideal replacement for Borna. Not sure how good Patterson or Polster are on the left side. Re watching Flanagan I agree, which I'm pretty sure was the argument I used when I argued for Patterson when you wanted Flanagan for St Mirren then Hearts.

Think he'll keep the same shape and like today go with Halliday. Not ideal, but far better than altering the formation we've used all season.

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm sure you would mate.  I wouldnt. I'd crucify him for utter incompetence and stupidity.

I don't think theres an ideal replacement for Borna. Not sure how good Patterson or Polster are on the left side. Re watching Flanagan I agree, which I'm pretty sure was the argument I used when I argued for Patterson when you wanted Flanagan for St Mirren then Hearts.

Think he'll keep the same shape and like today go with Halliday. Not ideal, but far better than altering the formation we've used all season.

But you wont crucify him for playing a system that relies on our flying fullbacks but doesn't have one on the left hand side

I argued for flanagan because i thought gerrard might have slightly altered our system to accomodate him, he didnt and we suffered, if we play halliday, polster or patterson (no chance) on the left and expect them to do barisic job and they cant, then we will probably suffer again

I really dont see the issue with altering our style slightly to accomodate replacement players, why try put square pegs into round holes when you can get square holes

5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Wednesday night 7.45pm kick off from Rugby Park live on BT Sports 

McGregor 

Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic 

Arfield Kamara Aribo 

Hagi Morelos Kent 

If that front line doesn't start tearing teams apart at some stage there'll have to be some serious questions asked. Should be a tall order for any defence

McGregor 

Tav         Goldson      Katic     Barisic/Haliday

Kamara

Arfield      Aribo 

Hagi                                                 Kent 

Morelos 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

But you wont crucify him for playing a system that relies on our flying fullbacks but doesn't have one on the left hand side

I argued for flanagan because i thought gerrard might have slightly altered our system to accomodate him, he didnt and we suffered, if we play halliday, polster or patterson (no chance) on the left and expect them to do barisic job and they cant, then we will probably suffer again

I really dont see the issue with altering our style slightly to accomodate replacement players, why try put square pegs into round holes when you can get square holes

Playing a 3-5-2 against a team that will basically play with 9 defenders and a 1 striker is madness.

You'll have 3 CBs (playing in an unfamiliar role) and a defensive midfielder marking 1 striker and 2 fullbacks (also playing an unfamiliar role) along with a striker who's better off playing as a lone striker - you're suggesting we play 6 players in an unfamiliar position, just to accommodate 1 player missing. 

Also, we tried 3-5-2 against Aberdeen and it didn't work, so it won't be happening again. You should probably stop suggesting system changes at this point, it's not happening, especially some of the shite you come up with tbh.

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Slightly?  352 is altering a formation slightly?

I wont criticize him for playing the best player for the system the players have used all season. On the left if that's Halliday so be it. Not ideal but he's likelier to get involved in attack than say Flanagsn. On the right it was never going to be successful with Flanagan in previous games.

A wee bit critical of Gerrard in your post above, rather than accepting Flanagan just failed to deliver. At least versus St Mirren he tried by getting into more advanced positions, a goal actually came from it after a clearance and ball back in. Hearts he reverted to type. Still, I'm sure like you say you'd have the gaffers back if he went 352 and it failed 😂

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Playing a 3-5-2 against a team that will basically play with 9 defenders and a 1 striker is madness.

You'll have 3 CBs (playing in an unfamiliar role) and a defensive midfielder marking 1 striker and 2 fullbacks (also playing an unfamiliar role) along with a striker who's better off playing as a lone striker - you're suggesting we play 6 players in an unfamiliar position, just to accommodate 1 player missing. 

Also, we tried 3-5-2 against Aberdeen and it didn't work, so it won't be happening again. You should probably stop suggesting system changes at this point, it's not happening, especially some of the shite you come up with tbh.

Well said SEMA 😂

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

If Barisic doesn't make it, it is time to change the formation for this game and go 3-5-2

no way I go with Halliday

To be fair if Flanagan or Halliday put Barisic’s display in today there’d be dogs abuse flying all over the place 

42 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

41 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Slightly?  352 is altering a formation slightly?

I wont criticize him for playing the best player for the system the players have used all season. On the left if that's Halliday so be it. Not ideal but he's likelier to get involved in attack than say Flanagsn. On the right it was never going to be successful with Flanagan in previous games.

A wee bit critical of Gerrard in your post above, rather than accepting Flanagan just failed to deliver. At least versus St Mirren he tried by getting into more advanced positions, a goal actually came from it after a clearance and ball back in. Hearts he reverted to type. Still, I'm sure like you say you'd have the gaffers back if he went 352 and it failed 😂

I said 352 because id love to see us play it, however the tweak would be to focus on wingers instead of flying fullbacks, 

Wed night we'll have 1 fit flying fullback and at least 3 fit wingers in the squad, whats the best way to go? 

45 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Also we tried 352 for what, half an hour? We tried 433 for an hour against aberdeen and hearts and it didnt work, shall we ditch that as well? 

Archived