Michael Beale called out Clancy

doc holliday

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

"It seems like the world is against us today," Gerrard said. "But we'll make sure we get better for that because it looks like some more decisions will go against us as the season goes on.

"We need to try and use it to our advantage. It's not just today, I believe it's been happening for seasons. That's just my opinion.

"I thought we were excellent for 93 minutes. Unfortunately, we have then conceded a goal.

"But I thought we were better than Aberdeen with 11 men and better than them with 10. We looked like the team with all the ideas. Anyone in this stadium or watching on Sky will know we are a better team than Aberdeen."

Gerrard said Aberdeen defender Scott McKenna provoked Morelos into kicking out at him off the ball in the first half, though he admitted the Colombian was wrong to react.

"When you react like that, you leave officials with decisions to make, so we'll speak to him about the part he has played in it," Gerrard said. "But we feel hard done by because we felt he was provoked twice with violent barges from McKenna.

"No way in the world was his kick out violent. So we didn't think he deserved a red. At the same time, with the penalty, there was no attempt to play the ball. So it's beyond me how a card can't be shown for that situation.

"Are opponents deliberately trying to wind Alfredo up? Possibly. So he needs to learn and be ready for that. I can't prove that's the case but [after seeing] two violent barges by McKenna, it seems people are out to wind him up, yeah.

"What's disappointing from our point of view is that the whole incident was two or three seconds but the assistant only saw one second of it.

"So he sees Alfredo's instant in one second but not the two barges in the other two seconds."

And

Gerrard said: “It’s definitely a foul. I’ve been around the game a very, very long time and that’s a foul in my book. It’s actually a foul in the fourth official’s book as well because he’s shouting down the mic, ‘Foul, foul, foul’.

“The referee’s ignored the information - we can both see clearly it’s a foul. And they go and score a goal.”

Following the match Gerrard said he spoke to the referee, adding: “I just went in and had a calm chat and wondered why he never listened to the man on the side - the fourth official - and how he hasn’t seen a clear swipe from (Tom) Rogic on Ryan Jack.

“Ryan Jack gets his body in between the ball and the man and he gets swiped, it’s a clear foul. It’s blatant....for me it’s 100 per cent

First one he got universally slated for the comments. Second one was sour grapes apparently.

Fair enough mate. Did Gerrard get fined or club get sanctioned for this? Gerrard was clever the way he put it. I like the Beale approach myself. Puts it right on the officials and their integrity. They can’t handle the truth. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, TMB said:

If the board made any kind of statement against the referees the club would be hit with sanctions and fines.  We’ve already been through this.  

Yes if they call their integrity into question, but there are other more subtle ways of doing it.

Could do it under the need for VAR and how refs could benefit from the support this system provides. Present press including selected english media with a dvd a lengthy list of missed incidents (all going against us) or comparable incidents (where ours are penalised). Continually refer to inconsistencies / anomalies that VAR could eradicate, playing heavily but indirectly on getting correct decisions.  Raises the topic, shows examples, highlights multitude of fuck ups against us and round it off by saying in the interest of the game's credibility such decisions cant be allowed to continue.

Boom. More than one way to skin a cat.

27 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think that is very obvious now, I wonder who told him ?? :thinking:

24 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

By who mate? I don’t remember Gerrard saying too much shit about the refs. 

Has to come from inside Ibrox Robertson and the Board are the only ones with that clout. 
Only thing that makes sense after he went from “WTF are these Refs doing” to “I have no complaints” after the most biased refereeing display I’ve ever seen and his main coach was sent off. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Has to come from inside Ibrox Robertson and the Board are the only ones with that clout. 
Only thing that makes sense after he went from “WTF are these Refs doing” to “I have no complaints” after the most biased refereeing display I’ve ever seen and his main coach was sent off. 

Thing is here, for all of the shit that is going on with the officiating, the game is being brought into disrepute and it’s not Rangers doing it. It’s the officiating causing the damage. 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Think so said in a podcast he wants to become a manager in 4/5years time. Think it's a stick on. He's the man with the plan in the management team.

Managers take their coaching teams with them.  If Gerrard is a success here and moves on you can be sure all the backroom staff that followed him here from Liverpool will be off as well.

32 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Rangers complained about Candeias being sent off and got 5 charges against us . Complete joke of a biased system. Tims on the other do and say what they want with impunity.

Exactly.  You can't question the referees.  People constantly criticise the board but any statement would achieve nothing but more fines and sanctions.  It's pointless.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Exactly.  You can't question the referees.  People constantly criticise the board but any statement would achieve nothing but more fines and sanctions.  It's pointless.

You don’t change the system by saying fuck all.  Means your part of the system. The cunts need called out. No pain, no gain.  

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Managers take their coaching teams with them.  If Gerrard is a success here and moves on you can be sure all the backroom staff that followed him here from Liverpool will be off as well.

I didn't say he wouldn't I was just saying beale has said he wants to be a manager in 4/5years. I think he'll be our new manager. When that time comes

10 minutes ago, TMB said:

Then make a fuckin' statement that makes the fine worth it and don't miss the bastards.

24 minutes ago, TMB said:

Didnt seem to stop the Scum then and doesn’t seem to stop them now. 
They can’t continually fine the club it would just become an embarrassment and eventually they would need to sit down and do something. 

7 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

Would love to have heard what MB said at his hearing.

I stand by it, he is a cheating cunt, lets watch the game and I’ll point out they clear bias.

Mr Beale you have been found guilty, 5 match ban.

Mr Clancy, you’ll be proposed for promotion up the uefa listings.

53 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Didnt seem to stop the Scum then and doesn’t seem to stop them now. 
They can’t continually fine the club it would just become an embarrassment and eventually they would need to sit down and do something. 

Like bigger fines, or even deducting points?  I’m not sure how far the SFA sanctions can go but questioning the integrity of the referees with statements achieves nothing. We tried it, were hit with 5 sanctions and fines, and haven’t done it again.  

1 hour ago, slimjim1690 said:

Then make a fuckin' statement that makes the fine worth it and don't miss the bastards.

A statement that says what?  Beale himself said:

"I called the referee's integrity into question and have accepted that I could not not accuse him of cheating.  The incident with John was nothing and is now resolved”

You want a statement to reiterate that or go against it therefore undermining the coach himself?

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Many fines and sanctions have the tarriers had? 

Domestically, I’m not sure.

In Europe they’ve had plenty.  Has it changed anything?  No.  They just keep getting more fines that they need to pay.  UEFA aren’t going to change anything to suit that one club.

Pointless.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Domestically, I’m not sure.

In Europe they’ve had plenty.  Has it changed anything?  No.  They just keep getting more fines that they need to pay.  UEFA aren’t going to change anything to suit that one club.

Pointless.

Have the tarriers called the Uefa refs into question? 

7 minutes ago, TMB said:

A statement that says what?  Beale himself said:

"I called the referee's integrity into question and have accepted that I could not not accuse him of cheating.  The incident with John was nothing and is now resolved”

You want a statement to reiterate that or go against it therefore undermining the coach himself?

Double negative, so he is saying there is no world in which he would have said he wasn't a cheat.

Archived