Who Goes/ Who Stays

So if Stevie decides he is staying for one more crack at 55. 
Who do we salvage from this clusterfuck of a squad and who do we need punted. 

Be realistic guys I know it would be nice to bin them all but it ain’t happening, we don’t have the money. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Zappa6995 said:

Keep the 2 most recent loanees the rest can do one, bang average if even that.

You could argue we keep the 13/14 that he is using for the starting 11 most weeks get shot of the rest of the squad and bring in 5/6 better quality into the starting 11 and the current ones drop down to squad players. 
Which should’ve been done this summer after the collapse last winter. 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

I’d accept any offer for all of them.

Realistically I’d keep Mcgregor until McCrorie is ready, Jack to play in the CDM role Hagi and Barisic but he looks like his head has been turned.

The rest can fuck off and soon.

Couldn’t argue with any of that either. 

It's the million dollar question.

When you're angry you're immediate thoughts are bin them all, get them all to fuck.

Then you step back, reflect on some of the individual and team performances over the past two years and think you can work with a lot of this squad. But how many chances can you give players?

Some will say I'm delusional but I don't think we are far away. I can't explain the start to this year though. It's baffling. It's not just one thing but collectively everything that could possibly go wrong, pretty much has.

My head is burst to be honest. I dunno.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’d accept any offer for all of them.

Realistically I’d keep Mcgregor until McCrorie is ready, Jack to play in the CDM role Hagi and Barisic but he looks like his head has been turned.

The rest can fuck off and soon.

That’s pretty much it. Jack just scrapes in, Macgregor is still quality and both Hagi and Barasic appear to have talent. 
The rest though can absolutely get so far tae fuck.

Shower of shitebag arseholes 

McGregor

Edmundson,Katic,Barisic,Polster,Patterson

Kamara,Jack,Aribo,Docherty,McCrorie 

Hagi,Kent,Kamberi,Defoe 

Off the top of my head without looking at a squad list that’s who I’d keep for next season, some of those probably don’t even deserve it but the potential is there. Add some players to that so that guys like McCrorie and Doc are squad players. 

The rest can do one if we can collect decent transfer fees for them. I like Tav but he’s been one of the only constants in the team during a string of failures and his performances have really tailed off 

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

When you're angry you're immediate thoughts are bin them all, get them all to fuck.

Then you step back, reflect on some of the individual and team performances over the past two years and think you can work with a lot of this squad. But how many chances can you give players?

Some will say I'm delusional but I don't think we are far away. I can't explain the start to this year though. It's baffling. It's not just one thing but collectively everything that could possibly go wrong, pretty much has.

Sums me up to a tee mate  👍

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So if Stevie decides he is staying for one more crack at 55. 
Who do we salvage from this clusterfuck of a squad and who do we need punted. 

Be realistic guys I know it would be nice to bin them all but it ain’t happening, we don’t have the money. 

Realistically apart from anyone out of contract of which flanagan springs to mind the rest will remain. Obviously the loans like Ojo, Kamberi and Hagi will end and unless we come up with money from somewhere the latter two will not be back (until we have seen more of them they should not be signed anyway).

We have tried to punt the likes of Tav and Morelos for seasons now and there has been no real interest. Come the end of the season its really Barisic and Morelos that have any value with both very hard to replace.

The rest of the squad really needs trimmed down and I can see if being a case a mixture of paying people off and hoping some championship side comes in with a bid for one or two players which will not net us much.

Depends on offers for Morelos, Borna, etc. 

Out of those who I don’t think have transfer value I would let Flanagan, Davis, Arfield, Stewart, Halliday go for a start. I know that doesn’t seem like a big move but I want to see who emerges at centre back first. Would let at least one of them move on. Ojo will be off too. That’s a pretty significant upheaval. 

Oh and Barker. Obviously. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

You could argue we keep the 13/14 that he is using for the starting 11 most weeks get shot of the rest of the squad and bring in 5/6 better quality into the starting 11 and the current ones drop down to squad players. 

Like most I cant get my head around it, Edmundson, Barisic, Aribo, Jack etc. etc. Its boom or bust with the lot of them one decent game, one or two shite its rinse and repeat Ive never encountered a bunch of players be it through injury or loss of form that are incapable or unwilling to go on a sustained run of decent form, theres a few that get away far too lightly on this forum for whatever reason Barisic, Jack, Arfield, Davis, Kent, Goldson, Katic Captain Fantastic, Super Striker the list goes on and on nearly as much as me.

2 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Realistically apart from anyone out of contract of which flanagan springs to mind the rest will remain. Obviously the loans like Ojo, Kamberi and Hagi will end and unless we come up with money from somewhere the latter two will not be back (until we have seen more of them they should not be signed anyway).

We have tried to punt the likes of Tav and Morelos for seasons now and there has been no real interest. Come the end of the season its really Barisic and Morelos that have any value with both very hard to replace.

The rest of the squad really needs trimmed down and I can see if being a case a mixture of paying people off and hoping some championship side comes in with a bid for one or two players which will not net us much.

As you say, any rebuild is dependent on moving Buff and Borna for as much as we can get. 
Which seems to be dwindling by the day. 

There's a lot of value in our squad. They're worth far more than we payed for them.

Realistically some players will want to go. I can understand that, we play in a poor league, it's overly physical and the referee's are shocking.

But we should be looking for top dollar and reinvesting in the squad. Selling Morelos an Barasic should give us enough to strengthen the entire squad.

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

That’s pretty much it. Jack just scrapes in, Macgregor is still quality and both Hagi and Barasic appear to have talent. 
The rest though can absolutely get so far tae fuck.

Shower of shitebag arseholes 

Tell you what McGregor was far from quality at that goal yesterday

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Ironically it's the better, first team, generally more reliable players who've let us down most since January. 

The Polster's, Ojo's, Barker's, Halliday's, Jones', Flanagan's etc. of this world aren't necessarily directly to blame for our collapse. It's the core 11-14.

That said it's an interesting point. If we keep the core, lose the squad fillers you would expect us to be stronger.

Most people are saying why doesn't Gerrard change it. Maybe he believes the squad fillers aren't an improvement on the core, which Gerrard is obviously responsible for.

4 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Am the same, where do you start.

I love Morelos but if he goes for £20 million plus (which looked a cert in January and is now looking a near on impossibility), every penny needs re-invested in Hagi plus 3 or 4 other players who walk straight into the team and are proven upgrades.

Just now, Zappa6995 said:

Like most I cant get my head around it, Edmundson, Barisic, Aribo, Jack etc. etc. Its boom or bust with the lot of them one decent game, one or two shite its rinse and repeat Ive never encountered a bunch of players be it through injury or loss of form that are incapable or unwilling to go on a sustained run of decent form, theres a few that get away far too lightly on this forum for whatever reason Barisic, Jack, Arfield, Davis, Kent, Goldson, Katic Captain Fantastic, Super Striker the list goes on and on nearly as much as me.

Is it simply the fact they aren’t up to the job of churning out 6/7 star performance game after game. 
As you say they give you a couple of 8/9 star games then it’s a couple of 3/4 star by which time we have dropped points again, you then have the problem that they all do it at the bloody same time so we don’t have 1 player in midfield holding the others up, we only play 1 striker he goes off the boil we are fucked (aye you Buff), we don’t have a Gough, Weir or Butcher at the back being rick solid game after game to cover for Katic and Edmundson. 

10 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

McGregor

Edmundson,Katic,Barisic,Polster,Patterson

Kamara,Jack,Aribo,Docherty,McCrorie 

Hagi,Kent,Kamberi,Defoe 

Off the top of my head without looking at a squad list that’s who I’d keep for next season, some of those probably don’t even deserve it but the potential is there. Add some players to that so that guys like McCrorie and Doc are squad players. 

The rest can do one if we can collect decent transfer fees for them. I like Tav but he’s been one of the only constants in the team during a string of failures and his performances have really tailed off 

Kent and Aribo would be first out the door.

Imposters.

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Ironically it's the better, first team, generally more reliable players who've let us down most since January. 

The Polster's, Ojo's, Barker's, Halliday's, Jones', Flanagan's etc. of this world aren't necessarily directly to blame for our collapse. It's the core 11-14.

That said it's an interesting point. If we keep the core, lose the squad fillers you would expect us to be stronger.

Most people are saying why doesn't Gerrard change it. Maybe he believes the squad fillers aren't an improvement on the core, which Gerrard is obviously responsible for.

Heard that Gerrard doesn’t believe the fringe players are up to the job but I find that bollocks, as you say he signed them so the buck stops with him. 
On the other side though he does seem very very reluctant to step away from that core of 13/14 when it’s obvious they need dropped. 

Archived