Who Goes/ Who Stays

2 minutes ago, five stars said:

There's a lot of value in our squad. They're worth far more than we payed for them.

Realistically some players will want to go. I can understand that, we play in a poor league, it's overly physical and the referee's are shocking.

But we should be looking for top dollar and reinventing in the squad. Selling Morelos and Barasic should give us enough to strengthen the entire squad.

aye Kamara is probably worth a few hundred thousand compared to the 50k we picked him up for!!!!

Players are worth what someone pays for them and Windass is the last player we sold for 7 figures.

Until we start actually selling players for decent money the likes of Dave King and the tabloids can make any fanciful number up for what it is worth  but it means nothing until we actually have a decent transfer record of selling players instead of paying them off.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He's been a real enigma of late because whilst he's kept us in games here and there but there's been a whole swathe of goals he should have done better on.

That goal last night and the one against Hibs at Ibrox were 2 of the weakest goals I’ve seen him concede 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kent and Aribo would be first out the door.

Imposters.

Footballers in both of them, while they’ve been shite recently the upside is there that makes them worth keeping 

43 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Footballers in both of them, while they’ve been shite recently the upside is there that makes them worth keeping 

Unfortunately I dont think they are winners, wee flashes from time to time add up to nothing.

11 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Am the same, where do you start.

I love Morelos but if he goes for £20 million plus (which looked a cert in January and is now looking a near on impossibility), every penny needs re-invested in Hagi plus 3 or 4 other players who walk straight into the team and are proven upgrades.

So depressing mate. 

It's easy to lose your mind and say, do rash things in a crisis. We have done a lot of good work. We can't just throw in the towel at arguably our lowest point in about 2 years.

I would never claim to know the answers and quite clearly the answers will never be straight forward. I think we need to remain calm and stick together. Results and performances like that can't continue though.

Mcgregor is up for debate purely due to his age. Probably no point trying yo sell him as the fee would be tiny and a replacement at the Same level would cost a fortune. 

Tav can fuck off. 

I think our 4 cbs are all capable, the younger 2 are from from the finished article but there's undoubted potential in both. The problem is that none of them are the dominant cb that every defense needs. Goldson would be the most likely to bring in a sizeable fee so I'd try and punt him and go all out for a replacement who can marshall a back 4 and can be a proper leader/captain on the pitch and in the dressing room. 

Barisic would be 1 I'd consider taking the money for if we get a good offer. With the euros coming up there's potential to turn a good profit on him. I think he's a decent player on his day going forward but he's always been a bit suspect defensively and is just a bit soft for my liking. He's been here 20 months and been good for 4 or 5 in all honesty. 

Midfield is a huge problem imo. Free transfers and nominal fees spent on the most important part of the pitch gets you nowhere. We are hugely lacking a midfield general, a driving force in the team who can take the team on his back when the chips are down and get us over the line. These guys are hard to find and don't come cheap but that type of player would be my absolute priority in the summer. Davis can go, Kamara is in the same boat as Barisic for me in do much that we could potentially make a good profit on him and he's far from irreplaceable if a decent offer was put in the table. 

Hagi should be signed permanently and imo is the player we should be building the team around. Undoubted talent and from the few appearances he's made, yesterdays cameo included, I think he's shown a hunger and fight that not many others have recently. 

Morelos time is up. Absolutely love  him at times, sick of his shite at others. He's clearly our most valuable asset and could be the key in generating enough money to bring in 2 or 3 additions to try and elevate the team to the next level. Our over reliance on him over the last 2 or 3 seasons is criminal for a club our size, when have we ever had a 22/23 year old shoulder that type of burden? There's a chance we might not get his true value in the summer unless his form improves but I still believe there's huge profit to be made on him.

The rest of the squad players who we all know aren't good enough can leave, or be sold as soon as possible as far as I'm concerned. Flanagan, Polster, Halliday, Jones, Stewart etc etc. 

I highly doubt we'll have another summer of major upheaval unfortunately but a cb, cm and cf are absolute musts as far as I'm concerned. 2 or 3 others would be a bonus but I don't know where we get the money to improve every position that needs it in one window. 

Just now, GA1972 said:

That goal last night and the one against Hibs at Ibrox were 2 of the weakest goals I’ve seen him concede 

Definitely St Johnstone's first as well. Brophy's winner would maybe be a bit harsh on him as it was a good strike, but you have to be looking for a top keeper to make a wonder save there.

He's the least of our worries, I just feel he's started to be a bit inconsistent.

Just now, Zappa6995 said:

Unfortunately I dont think they are winners, we flashes from time to time add up to nothing.

Need the right players around them and a bit of freedom. 

You seen it from Aribo against Braga, was chucked on with some freedom to make something happen and he did. Playing in a deep midfield three isn’t going to be his game and playing wide right definitely isn’t his game. 

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

So depressing mate. 

It's easy to lose your mind and say do rash things in a crisis. We have done a lot of good work. We can't just throw in the towel at arguably our lowest point in about 2 years.

I would never claim to know the answers and quite clearly the answers will never be straight forward. I think we need to remain calm and stick together. Results and performances like that can't continue though.

Agree with you completely on both those points.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Definitely St Johnstone's first as well. Brophy's winner would maybe be a bit harsh on him as it was a good strike, but you have to be looking for a top keeper to make a wonder save there.

He's the least of our worries, I just feel he's started to be a bit inconsistent.

A lot of people disagreed on the night and I get why but I’d really have expected him to save Fransergios goal for Braga at Ibrox as well 

He is like you say the least of our worries but maybe some signs that Father Time is starting to catch up. Then we’ll be proper fucked 

3 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Mcgregor is up for debate purely due to his age. Probably no point trying yo sell him as the fee would be tiny and a replacement at the Same level would cost a fortune. 

Tav can fuck off. 

I think our 4 cbs are all capable, the younger 2 are from from the finished article but there's undoubted potential in both. The problem is that none of them are the dominant cb that every defense needs. Goldson would be the most likely to bring in a sizeable fee so I'd try and punt him and go all out for a replacement who can marshall a back 4 and can be a proper leader/captain on the pitch and in the dressing room. 

Barisic would be 1 I'd consider taking the money for if we get a good offer. With the euros coming up there's potential to turn a good profit on him. I think he's a decent player on his day going forward but he's always been a bit suspect defensively and is just a bit soft for my liking. He's been here 20 months and been good for 4 or 5 in all honesty. 

Midfield is a huge problem imo. Free transfers and nominal fees spent on the most important part of the pitch gets you nowhere. We are hugely lacking a midfield general, a driving force in the team who can take the team on his back when the chips are down and get us over the line. These guys are hard to find and don't come cheap but that type of player would be my absolute priority in the summer. Davis can go, Kamara is in the same boat as Barisic for me in do much that we could potentially make a good profit on him and he's far from irreplaceable if a decent offer was put in the table. 

Hagi should be signed permanently and imo is the player we should be building the team around. Undoubted talent and from the few appearances he's made, yesterdays cameo included, I think he's shown a hunger and fight that not many others have recently. 

Morelos time is up. Absolutely love  him at times, sick of his shite at others. He's clearly our most valuable asset and could be the key in generating enough money to bring in 2 or 3 additions to try and elevate the team to the next level. Our over reliance on him over the last 2 or 3 seasons is criminal for a club our size, when have we ever had a 22/23 year old shoulder that type of burden? There's a chance we might not get his true value in the summer unless his form improves but I still believe there's huge profit to be made on him.

The rest of the squad players who we all know aren't good enough can leave, or be sold as soon as possible as far as I'm concerned. Flanagan, Polster, Halliday, Jones, Stewart etc etc. 

I highly doubt we'll have another summer of major upheaval unfortunately but a cb, cm and cf are absolute musts as far as I'm concerned. 2 or 3 others would be a bonus but I don't know where we get the money to improve every position that needs it in one window. 

Great assessment mate. 👍👍

25 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You could argue we keep the 13/14 that he is using for the starting 11 most weeks get shot of the rest of the squad and bring in 5/6 better quality into the starting 11 and the current ones drop down to squad players. 
Which should’ve been done this summer after the collapse last winter. 

Quality over quantity. If only someone at the club had thought of that last summer...

26 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So if Stevie decides he is staying for one more crack at 55. 
Who do we salvage from this clusterfuck of a squad and who do we need punted. 

Be realistic guys I know it would be nice to bin them all but it ain’t happening, we don’t have the money. 

Looking at the core first 11 rather than listing the easy ones like halliday, Flanagan, Barker etc.. 

Outgoing:

Tav - He had been here the longest and continually failed when it counts.  It's time to move on. 

CB - I think at least one needs to go as we need an absolute no nonsense leader in that defence. Really unsure on who tbh. 

Davis - The best days are behind him.

Morelos - Painful this one because we know the talent. I think he's run out of chances with the discipline and he looks checked out already.  

Incoming it has got to be what were promised end of last season. We need quailty. 4-5 players that go straight into the first 11 and reduce others to squad options 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

A lot of people disagreed on the night and I get why but I’d really have expected him to save Fransergios goal for Braga at Ibrox as well 

He is like you say the least of our worries but maybe some signs that Father Time is starting to catch up. Then we’ll be proper fucked 

I do think next season should be the transition year from McGregor to whoever we are bringing in with McGregor not getting so much game as we bed in the next first choice goalie. 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He's been a real enigma of late because whilst he's kept us in games here and there but there's been a whole swathe of goals he should have done better on.

Mcgregor is the least of our worries tbf, think people forget the saves he has pulled off in our big games in Europe and against the tarriers. 

Tav, morelos, goldson, flannagan, Davis, kamara, ojo, barker and Stewart need to go imo ........ Only 2 of them were not Gerrards signings so he's got to accept the responsibility. 

To think how far ahead of the tarriers we looked after the 29th to last night, absolutely sickening. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He's not good enough mate. He was decent for 45 minutes at Hearts but looked suspect defensively.  Average at home to County and woeful vs Aberdeen.

Never impressed against the likes of East Fife.

The whole team were shite at East Fife mate. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I do think next season should be the transition year from McGregor to whoever we are bringing in with McGregor not getting so much game as we bed in the next first choice goalie. 

It’s something we’re going to need to address, McCrorie should either be getting game time in cups or a loan move to another SPL team to prepare him. If we don’t think he’s the answer then someone else needs brought in

Archived