I give you James Tavernier folks... Captain

falkirkNS

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Can’t seriously be defending Tav after the shitebag comments and performance on Wednesday. 

Watching soccer Saturday and the fucking Swansea CB has had his shirt changed 3 times and his bandage changed 4 times because of blood pissing from his head. 

Type of heart we’re missing 

Barisic has a bandage on his head when he played against us for Osijek.  Yet, people called him a shitebag all of last season.  I don’t think head bandages are a good barometer of character TBH.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TMB said:

Barisic has a bandage on his head when he played against us for Osijek.  Yet, people called him a shitebag all of last season.  I don’t think head bandages are a good barometer of character TBH.

What? 

Am talking about the Swansea player have blood pishing from his head for a solid hour in the game... 

Barisic wore one cause he was cut the week before as a precaution, theres a big difference 

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

He was criticised for not speaking up on another thread.  Now he’s being told to keep his mouth shut.  The guy can’t do right for doing wrong on here.

Also, his defending for the most part has been excellent since Gerrard came.  So has his contributions going forward.  All defenders make mistakes at times.  celtic paid millions for their CBs and they were a calamity against Copenhagen.  Tavernier cost us just a few hundred thousand and that’s been real value for money over the years.  We could easily sell him for 10x that.

All about opinions. He’s had his time at Rangers. He can fuck off.  Now is the time to sell. He’s not going to get better. 

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

What? 

Am talking about the Swansea player have blood pishing from his head for a solid hour in the game... 

Barisic wore one cause he was cut the week before as a precaution, theres a big difference 

So the amount of blood seeping out the bandage is an important indicator for character?  Seems like sound logic with a foundation in scientific fact.

11 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

All about opinions. He’s had his time at Rangers. He can fuck off.  Now is the time to sell. He’s not going to get better. 

He’s already the best RB in the country.  

Not read through this thread. Don’t need to. He’s never a Rangers captain. Not got the heart for it. We desperately need a leader on the pitch with a big heart who understands what being captain of our great club requires. Sadly James doesn’t have what it takes and it’s taken too long for SG to realise this (if he eventually has?!). Only McGregor has what it takes from the current bunch and tbh I’d much prefer an outfield player to be captain. 

2 hours ago, Malvern said:

Jordan Henderson of Liverpool was out the last four games (before today), Liverpool lost 3 of those games. They scraped through today due to Milner starting as vice.

A good Captain can make a hell of a difference.

Good captains are defined by the team around them. Simple 

Name me one captain that was brilliant but their team won fuck all?

Mcgregor never shuts up shouting and bawling at his defence. Do you think his actions make our defenders brilliant? Because those are the actions of a captain (according to some)

Liverpool didn’t win when Henderson  was absent as he has been outstanding in midfield and Liverpool missed him badly - not because he was captain but because of his ability 

Edit:  not defending Tav btw. He should leave in the summer imo as he’s not good enough (at playing football)

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Mcgregor never shuts up shouting and bawling at his defence. Do you think his actions make our defenders brilliant? Because those are the actions of a captain (according to some)

Liverpool didn’t win when Henderson  was absent as he has been outstanding in midfield and Liverpool missed him badly - not because he was captain but because of his ability 

Would you honestly respect Tav as your captain?

Henderson is good but he is not outstanding, he does however know when to go to the ref or sort his defensive midfield out. 

Not buying the argument Tav is let down soley by the team around him, it is his job to get them bloody going along with the manager. SG does it before the game and at half time, Tav is meant to do it on the pitch. Fucked if I want a right back being captain.

15 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Would you honestly respect Tav as your captain?

Henderson is good but he is not outstanding, he does however know when to go to the ref or sort his defensive midfield out. 

Not buying the argument Tav is let down soley by the team around him, it is his job to get them bloody going along with the manager. SG does it before the game and at half time, Tav is meant to do it on the pitch. Fucked if I want a right back being captain.

I’m saying that a captain should be immaterial on the field of play. If players are looking to one guy to motivate or gee them up then they should not be at our club.  

those types of players can go fuck themselves. I want self motivated, highly competitive leaders all over the park. 

26 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Edit:  not defending Tav btw. He should leave in the summer imo as he’s not good enough (at playing football)

Its his attitude and lack of leadership on the field thats the problem, look at him when goldson makes the mistake, his head goes down, shoulders slumped and turned away, he doesn't inspire players to lift their game, 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its his attitude and lack of leadership on the field thats the problem, look at him when goldson makes the mistake, his head goes down, shoulders slumped and turned away, he doesn't inspire players to lift their game, 

Yet McGregor constantly tries to inspire his defenders by digging them out a hole and making his feelings known. 

put an armband on him and our back four improve immensely?  Don’t think so. 

Who would you give the armband to?

17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yet McGregor constantly tries to inspire his defenders by digging them out a hole and making his feelings known. 

put an armband on him and our back four improve immensely?  Don’t think so. 

Who would you give the armband to?

Said it all along, ryan jack could be a fantastic captain, he leaves nothing in that dressing room when he walks onto the park, and he gives 100% and anymore he can, 

A captain doesn't need to say a single word, he just needs to lead by example, when hamilton scored Tavernier just turned away, he should have been racing to get us going again, 

Tav inspires absolutely no confidence imo, you say you want 11 captains out there but that's never happening, no proper successful team has ever been without an on field leader, 

A fine example, when man united won the CL in barca against munich, keane was suspended, he got suspended in the semi final second leg away to juve, iirc he took a booking for the team, he never once let that get to him for the rest of the game and urged guys like scholes, giggs etc on to that final, he drove them to that final while knowing he was suspended

Many a successful captain down the years for both us and other teams have always had the ability to get an extra 10% out of their teammates when needed, to blow away any doubts that may creep into players heads, to give that jolt of energy just when its needed, tav imo does the complete opposite 

12 hours ago, bornabear said:

Typical SNP shite attitude without looking at the bigger picture.

Captain Snowflake's article will now be seized on by our opponents and they will attack him left, right and centre, thus increasing the pressure.

Watch the County fans having a go at him tomorrow (if he plays) and others in the remaining games.

The term ‘captain Snowflake says a lot about your level of support for this club! Pathetic 

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Then if it is an honest assessment like you say, then the captain should start with himself by taking a long hard look in the mirror. Statements like that are never becoming of a Rangers captain. If he has no reaction to teams pressuring him then he should go and play Div 1 English football because frankly, that is his level and mentality.

I wouldn't have him near the starting team tomorrow let alone be captain. And for the record, for the most part, I back our players. but not on this occasion (or Kent's)

You don’t know how he’s reacting - ... glad to hear your bs king most our players -just two your not! 😩

5 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

He should’ve kept his mouth shut. This didn’t help him or the team as the fans have turned and had enough of him. He can fuck off with his assessments. He can also fuck off with the mistakes he makes on the field. He’s been at the club long enough to know that shit defending is not acceptable. 

So you’d prefer a captain who only gives honest assessments when things are going well? But being quiet when they are not? He should just trot out platitudes for us to lap up ? 

11 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So you’d prefer a captain who only gives honest assessments when things are going well? But being quiet when they are not? He should just trot out platitudes for us to lap up ? 

Time and a place to say things mate. These recent series of interviews and statements by the few have been horrendous. Sometimes better to say nothing at all. We've been riding the crest of failure and  those statements were of excuses and surrender. Lots going on and off the field, but for me more than anyone are the board to blame in their distinct lack of leadership through all that's gone on. From Alfie gate, to racism, to the the ref's, to no announcement of a Chairman to replace King. We are like a rudderless ship.

For me, the biggest mistake was making him captain and it's showing.

For me I've seen his performances worsen game by game since he took that armband. We know his frailties in defence and he was actually getting better, then it plummeted, but we can forgive that. The biggest concern for me were his forays in attack. Game by game getting steadily worse. His crossing turned to shit. His shooting. His penalties. No more gliding past players, working a one two. He also doesn't have a partner who can work with him since Candieas left. His form has now just turned to shit. Lost all confidence.

Gerrard should have seen that and sorted it, rather than changing nothing and persisting in the same set up, hoping he could play through it. It simp,y hasn't worked, but with the benefit of rear view mirrors, I'm hoping Gerrard has realised that.. 

The guy now does need a break and come back refreshed. Get rid of the burden of an arm band and do what he is good at. I actually think the damage to him is that bad, that he won't recover from it with us.

We shall have to wait and see.

46 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The term ‘captain Snowflake says a lot about your level of support for this club! Pathetic 

TBF, even on Radio Scotland today - no friend of ours although you probably like them - Richard Gordon and Tim English were delighted scratching their heads over the stupidity of his comments in an official Rangers publication. 

He shouldn’t have written that and Rangers shouldn’t have allowed it to be printed. Amateur.

59 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

You don’t know how he’s reacting - ... glad to hear your bs king most our players -just two your not! 😩

I think Derek Ferguson's opinion said it all. I think he would know a wee bit more than most about captaining Rangers through is wee brother. Don't you think? Tavernier was wrong and didn't put much thought into it. I guarantee you he is eating those words.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No surprise you looking for fault and to belittle our players! 

Don’t need to look far for fault in our players. You need to dig deep to protect them. That’s the difference between you and me. 

Archived