The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

26 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Whilst the 18 team league might have its advantages it’s not something that can be decided in a rush, sky has already agreed a deal with our 12 team league. 
This increasing the league is all to win votes to allow for their number one concern, the gifting of their team a league title. Keeping the option of league reconstruction out of the equation ensures that the vote for titles to be handed out at a whim with promotion and relegation occurring due to this process, won’t happen. 

I will be honest I think the two 18s would not work (36 teams?) but I would like to see that petition signed my as many as possible, the idea of having a look at the leagues is also a good idea IMO, but it is the first part 'null and void' I want to push first. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Never thought I'd see the day where a title is awarded that's not been won!

Why didn't Tokyo Olympics just hand out the gold silver and bronze medals now instead of waiting save the economy millions

Happened plenty times before. Scottish football isn't the first place that's happened. Chile's league done it in November and I never heard a peep about the integrity of the sport being damaged. Almost as it it wasn't. 

7 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Best quote I’ve seen is from chairman of Stranraer “you wouldn’t give usain bolt a medal after running 75 metres “.

You would give an F1 driver a race win after 75% if the race wasn't completed though. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Happened plenty times before. Scottish football isn't the first place that's happened. Chile's league done it in November and I never heard a peep about the integrity of the sport being damaged. Almost as it it wasn't. 

Aye mate cause a knew Chile's league had done it. What channels that on here in the uk

Just now, The Dude said:

You would give an F1 driver a race win after 75% if the race wasn't completed though. 

Your becoming a fucking bore with your pro celtic shite so why not give it a rest or better still fuck off to a tarrier site where you’ll be made welcome.

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

...that's in the rules though.

And see if the ability to end the season early wasn't, do you not think Rangers, Hearts  and others would have come out swinging on that point and highlighted how the SPFL's motion was in contradiction of the rules? 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Don’t give a fuck about Chile.

Just now, The Dude said:

And see if the ability to end the season early wasn't, do you not think Rangers, Hearts  and others would have come out swinging on that point and highlighted how the SPFL's motion was in contradiction of the rules? 

It's not specifically though is it...not like the F1 rule you've just equated.

It's a twisted interpretation being used to achieve an end.

Just now, coopsleftboot said:

Then why aren't clubs highlighting that and instead hiding behind the mealy-mouthed pish that is sporting integrity? 

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

You tell me the point of continuing mate its a absolute joke of a league that now benefits one team

Seriously  :Fod:

Away and support a wee diddy team that's prepared to take a shafting.  I want a Rangers that will stand up and be counted.  Can't do that from the outside looking in.

Some people don't deserve to be Rangers fans.

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

There is no rule that states a champion must be named in the event of a season not being completed. 

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

There is no rule that states a champion must be named in the event of a season not being completed. 

There is one however saying the champion is the club with most points at the end of the season. Clubs are voting on ending the season. 

13 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Best quote I’ve seen is from chairman of Stranraer “you wouldn’t give usain bolt a medal after running 75 metres “.

To be honest mate, there are examples in other sports for and against the honest and fair solution we favour.

But, if you stick to football, since the 1800s, a contest if incomplete, is abandoned and restarted. People want precedent, how’s two fucking centuries suit you?

Let me take you back to 2005. Imagine the filth supporters invade the pitch thinking the game is over after 88 minutes. The crossbar is damaged and the final two minutes can’t be played. No Scott McDonald heroics and no need for helicopters to change direction. Would the SPL just say “och, sellick were gonnae win it anyway”?

This is the essence of this sport. Play to the final whistle or don’t play at all.

Archived