The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

No they wouldn't. There's literally no 'predicting' of anything. 

I know the deranged reply you will give when I say the truth so I'll ignore it for now.

What would have happened if the teams were level on points at the top?

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Aren't Stranraer fucked as well due to this? 

Aye, although Stranraer were absolutely getting relegated this season. They were MILES off the pace. Hearts and Partick were at least close. Stranraer were just waiting on it becoming official. 

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

I know the deranged reply you will give when I say the truth so I'll ignore it for now.

Absolutely no idea. Different set of circumstances and not one that's been discussed. Everything that's been put forward (and all the conversations I've had with folk) have been based on the current set of circumstances rather than hypothetical that didn't come close to reality. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Absolutely no idea. Different set of circumstances and not one that's been discussed. Everything that's been put forward (and all the conversations I've had with folk) have been based on the current set of circumstances rather than hypothetical that didn't come close to reality. 

So you understand it is predicting the future rather than just awarding it for current "achievements".

3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

If we were level or in front there would be no way it wasn't getting voided, I can promise you that.

Just now, MacBoyd said:

So you understand it is predicting the future rather than just awarding it for current "achievements".

Not predicting the future at all. The remaining games won't have results attached or points awarded. Standings will be based on points per game played to now. 

Where is any of that 'predicting'? 

Just now, superallysbears said:

If we were level or in front there would be no way it wasn't getting voided, I can promise you that.

We would be getting laughed at for trying to claim a title we haven't won. We would be told we have two "tough" games against them to come and we have even played more games.

Just now, The Dude said:

Except its entirely based on games played so far with no 'predicting' anything. 

Aye that 38 game season that's now been made 30 mid way through

Like changing the the 100 meters final to a 200 race after its started

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

You talk about being shafted only people being shafted is us again but to you lets keep going no surrender etc 

At what point do u ask what's the point

This mob tried to take trophies from us that we won on the park now they are awarding them when fuck all has been won.

Enough is enough fuck sake

Eggfuckingxactly.  We fought it and prevented it.

Stand up and be counted or gtf.  

Just now, The Dude said:

Not predicting the future at all. The remaining games won't have results attached or points awarded. Standings will be based on points per game played to now. 

Where is any of that 'predicting'? 

Because they league is only complete after 38 games. You just admitted you don't know what would have happened if the teams were level on points so clearly you know the league is handed out because they have a reasonable lead and are predicted to win the title in normal circumstances. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

Aye because they've just arbitrarily decided they cant play games now. There's definitely no extenuating circumstances forcing football (and sport in general) to stop. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Spot on. However Rangers have played even played a game less than our rivals 

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Because they league is only complete after 38 games. You just admitted you don't know what would have happened if the teams were level on points so clearly you know the league is handed out because they have a reasonable lead and are predicted to win the title in normal circumstances. 

38 game season is in the rules. There is no rule that states anything less. 👍

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Awarding the League is exactly the same as giving them the title. 

I won't be happy at seeing them celebrate 9 but with one having an asterisk and four having come without us in the league, I can't particularly say it's anything of an achievement. 

Why do you use awarding the league ? Again they haven’t won anything yet so can’t be awarded anything, they can be called league leaders at time of suspension, that’s all they are

EUFA don’t require titles to participate in the EL so SPFL can put them forward for that.

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Go read the rule for yourself. If one rule is unenforceable, the rest of the rules remain in effect. Rule on number of fixtures is unenforceable due to Covid-19. 

Thought it was due to the definition of the term season, and the as otherwise determined by the Board phrase?

Now is the rule legit as it stood but unenforceable due to cessation of games?

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Thats quite the leap there. I dont know what would happen if teams were level because various clubs would possibly have different positions. It's not a scenario which has been discussed or reflects reality so it's utterly pointless to have come up with a plan for it. 

Just now, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Why do you use awarding the league ? Again they haven’t won anything yet so can’t be awarded anything, they can be called league leaders at time of suspension, that’s all they are

EUFA don’t require titles to participate in the EL so SPFL can put them forward for that.

Directly answer this question dude. This seems to be what your hiding from with every riddle you spin.

Archived