The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bad Robot said:

C’mon Bears don’t get drawn into the pettiness and just block if certain posters bothers you that much.

Yeah you are right mate . that is what being stuck indoors does to you . I'm off to paint more doors 

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Well you are a sick fuck . You admitted as much 

And you are ugly . Face only a mother could love tbh:wow:

'A sick fuck'? No more than any of the god knows how many others on here have had issues with anxiety and depression on here. I make absolutely no secret of having battles with both.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

Who cares who i let down ..Not you anyway . Queue the nasty reply :happy:

No nasty reply from me mate, just an honest one, as usual.

Also, it would be far easier just putting him on ignore rather than following him about in threads making a cunt of yourself tbh.

I think the definition of 'end of season' is the sticking point. It's obvious the rest of the season's fixtures won't be completed, not the league ones anyway. 

It appears that for the spfl, having an 'end' to the season, no matter which point this occurs means handing out trophies. That's the bit i don't understand and the bit i don't agree with. You can't morally change the goalposts in terms of games played with them defining a new 'end of the season'.

These are unprecedented times and call for unprecedented measures. The line must be drawn in terms of the league, and they must understand that with not having played a full 38 games, the league cannot be called 'won'. Positions and titles do not need to be mutually exclusive. The team in first place in this situation has not 'won' the title, they just happen to be top when this epidemic has happened. 

We know they are morally vacuous, but we don't need a compliant and complicit league governing body continuing to do them favours. We can say all we want that it will have an asterisk next to the title, but we all know that in the grand scheme of things they will count it. Scottish football will count it, and history will in time count it. When we are all dead and gone, the asterisk will disappear. The other titles they 'won' when we weren't in the premier league all count in their eyes. 

This one shouldn't. It shouldn't be given.

6 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

This thread is going off topic.

Lets get it back on track.

Say no to any tainted title.

Give the prize money out to the current standings and allow forward planning to begin for a new season. 

Sporting Integrity intact 👍

Pretty much went straight to the point of what I said in my post after yours. Succinctly put sir.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

I think the definition of 'end of season' is the sticking point. It's obvious the rest of the season's fixtures won't be completed, not the league ones anyway. 

It appears that for the spfl, having an 'end' to the season, no matter which point this occurs means handing out trophies. That's the bit i don't understand and the bit i don't agree with. You can't morally change the goalposts in terms of games played with them defining a new 'end of the season'.

These are unprecedented times and call for unprecedented measures. The line must be drawn in terms of the league, and they must understand that with not having played a full 38 games, the league cannot be called 'won'. Positions and titles do not need to be mutually exclusive. The team in first place in this situation has not 'won' the title, they just happen to be top when this epidemic has happened. 

We know they are morally vacuous, but we don't need a compliant and complicit league governing body continuing to do them favours. We can say all we want that it will have an asterisk next to the title, but we all know that in the grand scheme of things they will count it. Scottish football will count it, and history will in time count it. When we are all dead and gone, the asterisk will disappear. The other titles they 'won' when we weren't in the premier league all count in their eyes. 

This one shouldn't. It shouldn't be given.

Seems to be where the dude(and I assume all bigots) struggle. 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Far far too much common sense with that 

SPFL have maintained that scrapping the leagues has never been on the table and it’s these cunts with that decision that’s holding talking about the best way forward back ,so what if there’s contractual issues ,pay out what they can and we can all move forward ,The main money income comes from BT and they are bumped anyway so they can take a jump anyway 

Everybody is taking a hit on this anyway so let’s just sort out the best for the future 

Exactly. We need to move forward, then say 10years down the line it happens again they’ll actually have rules in place to say well whoever is top wins whoever is bottom relegated. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Personally, if they can't find one I expect the board will simply make the decision for them.

No chance that requires a spine and a set of baws mate. We'll kick the can along the road for a few months yet

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Fantastic some hope yet

They should be looking at the best interests of all the clubs but that’s not possible in these unprecedented times.

But they definitely shouldn’t be looking at the best interests of one. 

Its a shambles with an utterly rudderless leadership. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

No chance that requires a spine and a set of baws mate. We'll kick the can along the road for a few months yet

Today's the 9th? I'll be amazed if we don't have the outcome of the leagues all wrapped up one way or the other by the start of May.

Archived