If Rangers released a special 150th Anniversary kit

Essandoh

Would you be behind Rangers playing in a special Gallant Pioneers anniversary home kit for a season?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be behind Rangers playing in a special Gallant Pioneers anniversary home kit for a season?

Where would you stand on Rangers playing in it for the season as the official home kit? :pipe:

Something like the one below.

Arsenal did similar in their famous maroon Highbury kit.

OR Would you be behind it but only for one game like Chelsea did with that Cup anniversary kit against Forest?

This is hypothetical more than anything really, although who knows what Castore might produce after their talks with Club 1872. My initial thoughts on this are torn but, the longer I think about it, the more I’m on board with it. I’m interested in seeing how many people are too. I don’t suspect many but who knows. Interesting thought regardless. I mean, it is our kit, so although it would be ‘breaking the tradition’ of our blue jersey, white shorts and black socks with red trim, the 1877 white kit with blue star from the Rowing Club set the foundations of our history in stone. It’s just as much part of our identity.

After all, it’s been nearly 150 years and we’re sat here discussing it.

675F1F2D-F3FE-4B7C-826E-04D44CE1C5A4.jpeg

505A034A-FA86-4B21-BC00-EFB4552FC32F.jpeg

E4B18ADF-9C5E-4B86-A1FB-F802829A0FB3.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

I like it. Can't see any sponsor willing to have their logo so hidden though 

That’s just a mock up I re-posted for an idea of what it might be like. In an ideal world the sponsor would be minimal like the Tennent’s on our 2012/13 kit.

I’d prefer it was out the way but I’m sure the sponsor would be expecting a bit more visibility with the money they’re paying. I’m sure they could make it more visible on the kit than that one is.

If it was up to me, I’d chuck the sponsor on the sleeve or above the squad number on the back.

312D2332-155D-441C-A3F1-2B37E5906D4B.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

I like it. Can't see any sponsor willing to have their logo so hidden though 

No sure mate remember Hearts around 2014ish had strip for there war dead which had no sponsor. You still have away 3rd and training gear it can be on

3 minutes ago, lewislaudrup said:

No sure mate remember Hearts around 2014ish had strip for there war dead which had no sponsor. You still have away 3rd and training gear it can be on

Hopefully be able to come up with something. Would love a white kit with the star

Can you imagine us playing a big European game at Ibrox against an elite name in an all white kit with a blue star?

Showcasing our history to the world in that jersey with Steven Gerrard as manager. Some PR and marketing that. I’d suspect that the white jerseys would actually sell well to non-Rangers fans too.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

This season . It would have been nice for the club, to incorporate  something on to the shirts .

50 years since the tragedy at Ibrox where 66 people lost their lives 

Man U on the 50th Anniversary of Munich wore the kit of the time. 

Something like that for our first January game would be fitting.

81F249A4-2DF1-4584-BBC9-FBC0C979D3F3.jpeg

Btw the colour in the kit is completely wrong. It likely wasn’t a very light blue like that. These are the pitfalls with trying to create modern kits based on colourised images.

For example Arsenal completely fucked their Highbury kit. Arsenal never wore a shirt that dark a red. It was a load of ahistorical nonsense.

20 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Stunning that. How every strip should be in an ideal world.

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

This season . It would have been nice for the club, to incorporate  something on to the shirts .

50 years since the tragedy at Ibrox where 66 people lost their lives 

Remember The 66, tastefully done below the badge would be a great gesture. 

I absolutely love the Gallant Pioneers jersey, it it quite simply stunning. 

And that all white mock up strip is wanking material. 

Would love it if we did wear it as our home jersey in our 150th anniversary season.

I was looking at buying it on one of those retro strip sites but the badge wasn't embroidered. 

Does anyone know where to get one with the badge embroidered? 

46 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Like that idea mate . Very good shout . I would still like it remembered throughout the season 

However a special kit for our first game at home after Jan 1st would be a great idea

37 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Btw the colour in the kit is completely wrong. It likely wasn’t a very light blue like that. These are the pitfalls with trying to create modern kits based on colourised images.

For example Arsenal completely fucked their Highbury kit. Arsenal never wore a shirt that dark a red. It was a load of ahistorical nonsense.

A belter, regardless though.

Yes, I’d be a fan of this.

24 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Stunning that. How every strip should be in an ideal world.

Totally agree mate, when it comes to football jerseys less is definitely more.

I love our Barca 40th anniversary jersey and have one with number 9, Stein on the back.

When I discovered you could get them without the sponsor I was straight on our website but they were already sold out awaiting stock. I never did manage to get one.

I would much rather have a jersey without the sponsor, they just look way more classy. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I’ve never read about either of those :lol: 

Is there any clue to what colour might’ve been on the strip other than that shade of blue?

Archived