Good Scottish Talent

MacBoyd

Does my fucking tits in when people just write off Scottish players. Obscene 2ay of looking. How the fuck can u judge how a player will adapt to playing with us. As someone else mentioned look at the past players we've bought from spl fodder thag have done a job. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

No, I just don't rate the SPFL particularly highly right now. Dross as far as the eye can see.

As a general rule, it's important we try to sign the best SPFL players. 

I hope we don't sign any of those you mentioned.

22 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I'd sign them if they were available for cheap.

That's the problem. When you've got Aberdeen wanting £10m for Scott fucking McKenna the entire market is skewed. It's not worth signing any SPFL players at the minute for the prices teams would want which was the point I made - it's just not worth looking at them or trying to buy them. Unless you can get them on a free like Jack it should be a non starter.

That,I agree with.

2 hours ago, ready1873 said:

Does my fucking tits in when people just write off Scottish players. Obscene 2ay of looking. How the fuck can u judge how a player will adapt to playing with us. As someone else mentioned look at the past players we've bought from spl fodder thag have done a job. 

Name me the "past players" last 10-12 years that's done the job we need.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

None, and I'd include Jack in that. 

Bar a couple of months before the winter break he's been pretty much anonymous. 

Couldn't agree more. I know he's a fans favourite, but when we signed him he was Aberdeen's third best midfielder - the Aberdeen fans weren't even sorry to see him go, they just didn't want him joining us (and before the twisted bastards on here who love nothing more than trying to point out the smallest contradictions in everything you say to catch you out and gain a wee point, there's no contradiction - Aberdeen fans don't want us getting the steam off their pish let alone a player)

8 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Couldn't agree more. I know he's a fans favourite, but when we signed him he was Aberdeen's third best midfielder - the Aberdeen fans weren't even sorry to see him go, they just didn't want him joining us (and before the twisted bastards on here who love nothing more than trying to point out the smallest contradictions in everything you say to catch you out and gain a wee point, there's no contradiction - Aberdeen fans don't want us getting the steam off their pish let alone a player)

I think the problem we have in midfield currently is we have a lot of players fast approaching the peak years of their careers yet when it boils down to it there's still no real standouts. 

Jack is 28 and still not shown anything, Hagi is the only one there who we've seen already that has shown he can change games himself.

Compare and contrast to like you says 10-12 year ago we had Davis, Thomson and Ferguson all playing out their skin. 

13 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Who were the two players better?

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I think the problem we have in midfield currently is we have a lot of players fast approaching the peak years of their careers yet when it boils down to it there's still no real standouts. 

Jack is 28 and still not shown anything, Hagi is the only one there who we've seen already that has shown he can change games himself.

Compare and contrast to like you says 10-12 year ago we had Davis, Thomson and Ferguson all playing out their skin. 

Yup and Mendes too to pick passes no one else can think of

There was Edu too who did a job, but Edu is a black Ryan Jack - can do a job, looks good in winning teams, awful in teams that don't win but you can't rely on him on his own as a stand out or someone to carry games himself - that's the problem

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Yup and Mendes too to pick passes no one else can think of

There was Edu too who did a job, but Edu is a black Ryan Jack - can do a job, looks good in winning teams, awful in teams that don't win but you can't rely on him on his own as a stand out or someone to carry games himself - that's the problem

To this day I still don't know what Edu brought to that side, McCulloch done a better job. 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

I’d agree, though when we signed Jack he got better and Shinnie seemed to get worse imo.

I'd agree with that.

Jack is a much better player now than he was with Aberdeen, but there's something about him that's just missing to be the number one in our midfield too tbh. Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I'd agree with that.

Jack is a much better player now than he was with Aberdeen, but there's something about him that's just missing to be the number one in our midfield too tbh. Just my opinion.

Love him myself mate, think he’s our best player outside Morelos. 

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I think we might go for Shinnie this summer.

Do you think we were after him when he left Aberdeen? I know there were rumours that we were but do you think there was truth to them. FWIW I think Gerrard would love to get him. Could see us selling Kamara then brining Shinnie back up the road for about a quarter of the money and I think it would probably make us a better side too tbh.

5 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I'd agree with that.

I think he’s a good player and think he would be brilliant besides real schemer/playmaker type but at the moment the onus is on him to do that and although he has come on a bit it’s not really his game. 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Do you think we were after him when he left Aberdeen? I know there were rumours that we were but do you think there was truth to them. FWIW I think Gerrard would love to get him. Could see us selling Kamara then brining Shinnie back up the road for about a quarter of the money and I think it would probably make us a better side too tbh.

Can play left side of midfield, CDM or left back.

Pretty sure we were interested.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think he’s a good player and think he would be brilliant besides real schemer/playmaker type but at the moment the onus is on him to do that and although he has come on a bit it’s not really his game. 

Don't agree. He's nowhere near tough enough for that dirty work. This season until December time I was startying to think he might be, but I reckon now it was him peaked for his career. You can't rely on him. He's too soft IMO.

Scottish football has been in serious decline for the best part of 20 years. The best Scottish player outwith us and them in this league is probably Lewis Ferguson and even he’s nowhere near good enough for the level we need to be at. 

As an example when we signed KT he had something about him and held his own in a much stronger league and had the mentality and ability. You look across our league and you’ve got guys who’ve done in people with baseball bat representing the national team😂 wit chance ye got

Archived