Jim Duffy - in hospital, heart attack.

5 hours ago, magic8ball said:

The guy still plods on doing decent job after decent job at mid level clubs outside the premiership ,He won’t be earning more than a decent living and would rather do that that whore himself to the media for a bit more and less graft ,

Always had time for him and respect ,Remember him being manager at Falkirk when he was still young ,Late 20s because he had to give up the game because of injury ,Can’t remember where he went after that but remember he started playing again after that ,

As I said Iv always had a respect for him one of the only true football guys still around (plus he was ready to stiffen TLB) 

Never forget sportsound the night big ecks side qualified past the CL group stages and the usual arseholes were given it worst side to qualify and big Duffy went aye but theyre still the 32nd best team In  Europe. Cue a few moments of silence :lol:

27 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Just read this and didn’t know, hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. One of them but definitely not like them, I’m sure you know what I mean 

Reckon he loves football more than being a taig 

I met him once years ago in a bar he was running on Dumbarton road. It was the night before a league cup final against Aberdeen, shortly after he retired. He was a gentleman, took time to have a blether to us about the game the following day. He knew we were Rangers men but in no way did he come across as anything other than just a pure football man, no bitterness whatsoever. I only found out later he was a celtic man, you would never have known. I saw him play a few times and he was a right good player who should've got to a higher level than he did.

Remember during Big Eck's time seeing Jim in the Club Deck.He was working for us as a scout down south as he had been at Chelsea,I think, prior to this.Calls it as he sees it and decent fair person.Get well Jim.

On 27/06/2020 at 23:09, james_85 said:

Nice to see all the good posts about Jim, he is now home and recovering well

Good to hear that mate........... as everyone on this thread says, he's a decent guy.

Archived