Morgaro Gomis - Dundee Utd.

MaD CoW

How can we not need any more squad players if we are looking at......

Brahim Hemdani

Alan Gow

Daniel Cousin

Thomas Buffel

All possibly leaving this summer and with further enquires in regards to Charlie Adam along with long term injuries to Burke & Naismith. Add to this Davis returning to Fulham and no talks reported at this stage to bring him back......

That is a possible 8 squad players with 5 heavily involved last season.

You saw how difficult it became at the end of the season with injuries and suspensions along with form loss due to the amount of games.

I firmly believe we most certainly do require squad players and the aforementioned 3-4 quality signings.

Just my thoughts!

We need a player that improves the 1st team,Not another squad player (td)

So when said player gets injured who do we field......especially when half the squad have been moved on with no replacements brought in?

We do need the player(s) as you say, I agree 110% but we also need fresh squad players...I see this alleged target as squad and not 1st team improvement desired by all

But it's the 1st team thats need Improving which adds to the squad.

We should be targeting someone that will Challenge or take, Ferguson and Thomson place in the 1st team if thats the case 1 of those 2 are on the bench.

Gomis aint in that class (td)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can we not need any more squad players if we are looking at......

Brahim Hemdani

Alan Gow

Daniel Cousin

Thomas Buffel

All possibly leaving this summer and with further enquires in regards to Charlie Adam along with long term injuries to Burke & Naismith. Add to this Davis returning to Fulham and no talks reported at this stage to bring him back......

That is a possible 8 squad players with 5 heavily involved last season.

You saw how difficult it became at the end of the season with injuries and suspensions along with form loss due to the amount of games.

I firmly believe we most certainly do require squad players and the aforementioned 3-4 quality signings.

Just my thoughts!

We need a player that improves the 1st team,Not another squad player (td)

So when said player gets injured who do we field......especially when half the squad have been moved on with no replacements brought in?

We do need the player(s) as you say, I agree 110% but we also need fresh squad players...I see this alleged target as squad and not 1st team improvement desired by all

But it's the 1st team thats need Improving which adds to the squad.

We should be targeting someone that will Challenge or take, Ferguson and Thomson place in the 1st team if thats the case 1 of those 2 are on the bench.

Gomis aint in that class (td)

I am agreeing with you in regards to the 1st team but we aint going to bring in 8 quality to replace those I mentioned. We will hopefully get 4 class players and I can see 4-5 squad players coming in.....If more players leave, more will come in to ensure we are covered.

I think we need to wait till after Euro 2008 before worrying about the level of players we are linked too

squad player, 1st team player, wat the feck, as long as there ambitious and determined to succeed to rangers expectations, ill give most a chance, just cause a player is comin fae united dont meen they cant be quality, 22 yr old, sounds gewd to me, young and ambitious, , , ,

jsut read that sunderland are really tryin to get mcgeady, lets fuckin hope so

A player who is simply not good enough for Rangers. Yet another mediocre SPL player who is no better than a squad player.

I spoke to my mate about him and he said he is nowhere near good enough for Rangers. If this is true and we are set to splash out a 7 figure sum on Gomis then it shows Walter Smith has completely lost the plot.

Simply not good enough. If you are going to go for any of that Dundee United midfield then you go for Prince Bauben.

Who the fuck next, Ian Black and Ross Tokeley from Inverness doh

Davis has proven in the SPL, UEFA Cup, Premiership and International scene that he is a good player.

Gomis is brutal.

Davis is only a year older aswell.

i think it would be a kick in the teeth to davis if we didnt secure his services, he worth the 3 million tag, im astonished that with that cash available we aint gonna get a player who has proven, to me anyway that he is of rangers standards, hes a braw wee player

No bid for Gomis

By Ian Roache

WHILE DUNDEE United are flattered to have another one of their players the subject of million-pound transfer speculation, the Tangerines have not received an offer from Rangers for midfielder Morgaro Gomis.

Talk of Ibrox boss Walter Smith making Gomis his latest signing target came as news to club officials.

The little Frenchman only signed a fresh deal with United last September and, although they themselves snapped him for a nominal fee from Cowdenbeath, he won’t go cheaply if at all.

'Dundee United last night vowed that Morgaro Gomis will not be allowed to leave on the cheap - after the former Cowdenbeath midfielder emerged as a shock signing target for Rangers.

Ibrox boss Walter Smith's summer recruitment drive began on Friday with the controversial return of £2million former Celtic striker Kenny Miller from Derby County, while former Hearts attacker Andrius Velicka arrived in Glasgow last night and will undergo a medical and discuss personal terms today.'

anyone remember what he was like...looks like our scouting system barely gets over the border :unsure:

Don't think we need him, and if we are looking for a midfielder, someone with a bit more quality is needed.

Seem to remember as being all flash and no substance as most of his runs resulted in no end product or killer pass.

eveyone is getting to wound up. all of you for one minute think bout our players from last season n look where they came from.

davies - fulham

cousin - lens (benchwarmer)

mcculloch - wigan

naismith - killie

broadfoot - st mirren

are yis all forgettin that these players are not quality, but they gt us to our first european final in 36 years.

you keep moaning bout gomis and his previos clubs. look at novo, where did he come from? has he done well for us?

dont jump to conclusions bout walters signins. give them a chance.

eveyone is getting to wound up. all of you for one minute think bout our players from last season n look where they came from.

davies - fulham

mcculloch - wigan

naismith - killie

broadfoot - st mirren

are yis all forgettin that these players are not quality, but they gt us to our first european final in 36 years.

you keep moaning bout gomis and his previos clubs. look at novo, where did he come from? has he done well for us?

Well said! (tu)

davies - fulham

mcculloch - wigan

naismith - killie

broadfoot - st mirren

I applaud you sir!!!!

Well said my man :rangers:

davies - fulham

mcculloch - wigan

naismith - killie

broadfoot - st mirren

Well said! (tu)

Davies- average and inconsistent

Cousin - talanted but shocking attitude

McCulloch - started well then deteriorated badly, very badly

Naismith - promising "youngster" but unlucky with injuries so unable to truly judge whether he is a long term option but he did look good at Kilmarock

Broadfoot - Squad player who veres from very good to shocking in the course of the same match but mainly comes under the heading of competent cover.

Don't get me wrong I was delighted to see us in European final, (all be it on tv :angry2: ) but the lack of depth in our squad was truly frightening as some of our players desperately needed to dropped/rested at the season end but Walter was too scared to take a chance on any youngsters or fringe players.

Davis- Very good, experience International and Premiership player.

Cousin- Inconsistant bad attitude prick.

McCulloch- Shite!

Naismith- Talented when played in his proper position.

Broadfoot- A complete and utter dumpling.