govanblue

Sponsors_Fund_Logo_zpse6a01498.jpg

Total raised so far this season: £2258.40

Total spent so far this season: £1225.00

£945 - Kit sponsorship (Nicky Law)

£250 - Kit sponsorship (Natalie Ross)

£30 - 'Founding Fathers' Official Rangers Print - for Erskine Glasgow Home

Total Allocated for future purchases:

£0.00 - Erskine Veterans Lunch Money Fund (fundraising in progress - details to follow)

£0.00 - Yorkhill Hospital - Rangers Christmas Selection Boxes (private donation - details to follow)

Total available to Spend: £1033.40

Total spent this season: Nil

*Total raised includes £812.52 banked from last season - thanks to last season's members for making that possible

Welcome to all new fund members, and to all returning fund members. (tu)

This thread is for discussion of how the fund members should spend the money. Please post your ideas here, and if your idea gathers enough support, it will be put to the vote amongst members.

Please note:

1. Fund money can only be spent directly on Rangers FC official merchandise, products and services.

2. Season ticket purchase is not an option for legal and logistical reasons. :(

3. We will NOT be buying hookers this season – Some of you will remember how badly that turned out last season. ;)

4. I'm sure I'll think of some more points to note soon.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some ideas which have been suggested (and gained some support) so far:

(This list will be added to as new ideas are added and supported - newest idea on top

Buy something cool out of the glass display cases in the Megastore, and raffle it amongst fund members - maybe also have a poll first on which item to buy from the case?

Ibrox Stadium Paving Bricks (£50 each) – last season we bought two paving bricks (RangersMedia – ThenNowForever and RangersMedia – Ready 2012/2013), and I hope we can keep the tradition going this season.

Monthly raffles (fund members only) – we could periodically buy a couple of home cup tie tickets, friendly match tickets, hospitality tickets, POTY Dinner tickets, etc. to be raffled off amongst fund members. (Not League match tickets, as many fund members are S/T holders) – This would have the benefit of generating more money for the fund, as well as being a bit of fun.

Rising Star Half-time draw tickets (£2 each) – these can be bought online, and the numbers posted before the game.

Rangers Christmas Raffle Tickets (£1 each) – Last season we bought 33 tickets. We didn’t win anything, and I blame Admin for taking so long to buy the tickets ;) . So this year, we would want to buy more tickets, and buy them earlier.

Stadium tour tickets for Erskine Hospital Veterans – Buy some tickets for Erskine Hospital to treat a few veteran bears to a day out at Ibrox, maybe even treat them to an £8 OAP/VIP lunch in the Argyle Restaurant too.) - cost of tour and lunch for 4 veterans and a carer: £67.50)

Match programmes/souvenir programmes – preordered by members who can’t make the game, and posted out to them at a small profit.

There’s also lots of merchandise that we could buy and raffle amongst members. For example – framed prints from www.rangerspics.com.

There are lots of ideas on the RangersLotto site… http://www.rangerslotto.co.uk.

And of course, there’s the Rangers Megastore… http://www.rangersmegastore.com.

Bear in mind that we have enough money to do all of that and more. :thumbup:

There’s also a 20 page ‘Let’s Spend The Money’ thread from last season, which might provide some inspiration…

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=244019

So now it’s over to you…

I like the idea of buying match tickets for supporters in Erskine, but there all good ideas I'll have to have a think about this.

Fortunately...

1. it's not an "either/or" scenario - if we want to, we can do all of the above and other things too.

2. We have 12 months to spend the money, so we can take our time with various decisions).

Fortunately...

1. it's not an "either/or" scenario - if we want to, we can do all of the above and other things too.

2. We have 12 months to spend the money, so we can take our time with various decisions).

Yeah thats good then, i did think of doing something as a thank you to the staff and players like a brick maybe saying thank you for your loyalty from RangersMedia but i dont know how much wording we could fit on it.

Yeah thats good then, i did think of doing something as a thank you to the staff and players like a brick maybe saying thank you for your loyalty from RangersMedia but i dont know how much wording we could fit on it.

"You have a maximum of 2 lines (15 characters per line which includes punctuation and spaces)."

full details...

http://www.rangerslo...o.uk/?page_id=6

"You have a maximum of 2 lines (15 characters per line which includes punctuation and spaces)."

full details...

http://www.rangerslo...o.uk/?page_id=6

Probably be quite difficult to fit it in then, What about a prize draw for the Player Of The Season Awards like The Mighty Bears won but a RangersMedia competition, would that be possible?

Please don't try posting my hooker again, just stick her (them?) on a plane this time :)

If your hooker was damaged, late or lost in the post you can claim up to £100 of the value of said hooker, just fill out our online claim form and provide a photo of your hooker so we can assess her worth :pipe:

Probably be quite difficult to fit it in then, What about a prize draw for the Player Of The Season Awards like The Mighty Bears won but a RangersMedia competition, would that be possible?

Do you mean buy 2 tickets for the dinner and raffle them? That seems easy enough. We even get a 10% discount off the dinner, being match programme sponsors.

what about even taking a group on tour then a lunch in argyle house , just not sure if argyle house money goes direct too club

I don't think it does, but we can enquire.

Rangers are obviously very closely involved with Erskine already, so I'm sure we could work something out with both organisations, to maximise the impact of any spend.

If your hooker was damaged, late or lost in the post you can claim up to £100 of the value of said hooker, just fill out our online claim form and provide a photo of your hooker so we can assess her worth :pipe:

GB said it was this one:

fantastic_nose_ring.jpg

I'll pay you 100 quid to take her back if she ever does turn up.. (Think GB kept her for himself though!)