Who deserves a 'chance'?

Danny

I'm seeing a lot of threads about this player and that player and how this player and that player isn't getting a fair crack of the whip.

Is there anyone you think should be getting more of an opportunity than they are, and who is it?

I will state the obvious on my own part; Buffel.

Ok, your turn :)

Depends on how the team perform. Continue to keep winning then as long as we stay clear of injury then the current core of players is fine.

However, if,as seems likely; injuries, suspension and poor results kick in then any of the fringe players may feel they can make the step up depending on their contribution in reserve matches and training.

I think 'deserve' is perhaps not the right choice of words, I would need to witness all the training sessions to see who truly deserves a go.

But who would I like to see get a chance? Naismith, Gow, Webster(If he is ever fit), fleck, shinnie. I also think Boyd should be making more regular appearances, domestically for sure.

Webster, Gow. Broadfoot

Webster can't get his chace because he is always injured! :pipehorse:

Broadfoot will never be able to displace any of the current defenders, unless there is an injury or suspension, and even then they would take back over when they return. Would like to see Gow given a chance, McCulloch has been looking a bit tired and lethargic in some games so a fresh pair of legs might liven things up.

Furman could be added to the list, as could Naismith, Lennon, Shinnie etc, but as Frankie said if the team is winning (even if it isn't beautiful) why change a winning team for changes sake?

Webster, Gow. Broadfoot

Webster can't get his chace because he is always injured! :pipehorse:

Broadfoot will never be able to displace any of the current defenders, unless there is an injury or suspension, and even then they would take back over when they return. Would like to see Gow given a chance, McCulloch has been looking a bit tired and lethargic in some games so a fresh pair of legs might liven things up.

Furman could be added to the list, as could Naismith, Lennon, Shinnie etc, but as Frankie said if the team is winning (even if it isn't beautiful) why change a winning team for changes sake?

For the sake of a talking point...

Burke?

EDIT - I agree that we shouldn't change the team if it's winning

The players who haven't been given a chance already. Gow, Webster (Though he has been injured a lot).

I also think Buffel, perhaps Burke and Furman should be getting a chance.

There are 5 players already who can play in the first team if they apply themselves. Walter however, regardless of the amount of fringe players we have, seems to chop and change between certain players so unless there are major injuries, I cannot see any of them, besides Webster given a chance.

I think we also have to remember that because of the under-21 rule Smith may not be able to name all the players he'd like in his first team squads...

Any critics should bear that in mind before they take their next daft pop at him for not playing their favorite player. ;)

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind if certain players were doing the business (in any games, training and general attitude) they'd be in the squad and contributing.

I think we also have to remember that because of the under-21 rule Smith may not be able to name all the players he'd like in his first team squads...

Any critics should bear that in mind before they take their next daft pop at him for not playing their favorite player. ;)

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind if certain players were doing the business (in any games, training and general attitude) they'd be in the squad and contributing.

Exactly right,if these players were performing in reserve games and training, with the number of games we have had to play they would have been given the chance.

I have only managed to attend a couple of reserve games this season and to be honest I have seen nothing to suggest that any of our reserves or first team squad players in these games deserve to be competing for first team duties.

I'd like to see Buffel & Naismith getting more of a run in the 1st team.

But as previously said why change the team formation if the results are coming in.

WS must have a pure headache sometimes picking his team selection for the games now that there is more players available in each position that previosuly.

The only people that deserve a chance are those that are playing well for the reserves or in training. I don't need to see anyone, and if result levels stay high, then there are no worries.

If circumstances allowed it it would be nice to see Buffel or Gow get a brief run out, or see Naismith start again. This may happen around the Christmas fixtures. If McCulloch also plays poorly for Scotland, maybe Smith drops him for a bit and brings in a fresh, in form offensive player to the bench.

Ultimately, we have no idea what players look like in training, so thats up to Walter Smith. IF these players everyone whines about (Buffel, Gow, etc) were playing at best XI level, they would get back in the squad, just as Adam, Novo, and Hemdani have after being dropped for long periods. Whittaker had a chance, and played poorly. He has not made it back in the starting team. Ditto Faye for the future. Complaining about it to the media (Buffel) or picking up a red card in reserves (Gow) certainly does them no favors, and only disbalances the equation against them.

Gow, he might not be on perfect form at the moment, but a reckon if he was given a chance in the first team his performances would be there, and when he does perform he looks a crafty player going forward, in fact a do believe from what a had seen of him, on his day he could be that player to get forward and play the ball out like Fergie does.. and the reason a say, Fergie some how lacks consistancy at times.

BURKE (miles better than beasley, whittaker etc)

more match time for Webster, Gow and Fleck

Burke miles better than Beasley.

I am yet to figure out if you're taking the piss or not.

BURKE (miles better than beasley, whittaker etc)

more match time for Webster, Gow and Fleck

Burke miles better than Beasley.

I am yet to figure out if you're taking the piss or not.

Nevertheless, I've dismissed the notion as simply......bollocks.

i think maybe steve lennon should be given a chance as he is doing really well in the reserves, also andy webster.. why did we get him if hes not even gettin a game??

I think his fitness, and the form of a certain , timeless Mr Weir have hindered the former Hearts and Wigan stopper.