Franck Queudrue

Davy

Birmingham left back Franck Queudrue has exclusively revealed to setantasports.com that moving to Rangers would be a great opportunity for him.

It has been claimed that the French defender could be offered a move to the Scottish Premier League leaders before the transfer window closes at midnight on Thursday.

The former Uefa Cup finalist with Middlesbrough has featured regularly since joining the St Andrews club in the summer, but the arrival of David Murphy from Hibernian has not reassured him over his future at Blues.

When asked about Rangers’ possible interest, the defender told setantasports.com: “Some clubs can’t be snubbed and Rangers are one of those.

“I haven’t received any concrete offer from them, but everything can be done very quickly before the market closes.

“Playing there would be a superb option, as they are a very big club. I could play Champions League for them, which would be fantastic.

“Yes I play regularly, but Birmingham have signed a new left back, so I don’t know what they are planning to do.

“I have to see what will happen and it would definitely interest me.â€

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News...Britain-locale/

I'd have bit the hand off you for him a few years ago. Any time I seen him at Boro he put in quality performances, but since then he seems to have went downhill.

Queudrue hoping for Rangers switch

2 hours ago

Birmingham defender Franck Queudrue admits he would love a deadline-day move to Rangers.

Scotland internationals Christian Dailly and Neil Alexander both agreed to join the Clydesdale Bank Premier League leaders on Wednesday, and Rangers manager Walter Smith is expected to be active again on the final day of the mid-season transfer market.

Rangers have given no indication the Frenchman is a target, but Queudrue told setantasports.com: "Some clubs can't be snubbed, and Rangers are one of those. I haven't received any concrete offer from them, but everything can be done very quickly before the market closes."

He added: "Playing there would be a superb option, because they are a very big club. I could play Champions League for them, which would be fantastic.

"Birmingham have signed a new left back, so I don't know what they are planning to do."

Queudrue, 29, moved to Birmingham in August and has not been a regular - although he was part of the team beaten 2-0 by Sunderland on Tuesday.

He was replaced by david murphy, if we pay the same price they paid for him, i would rather have had him, a consistant player who we know can do well in the SPL

Quedrue is by far a better player than Murphy aswell. A good defender who's good going forward and he's f*kn solid. Now Hutton has gone, we really only have Thomson who will put the boot about.