Let's not get carried away

Jimbo.

Firstly i'd like to be perfectly clear about the fact that i'm as happy as anyone that we're top of the league, delighted that a sense of order seems to have been restored.

However! My fear is that our success will gloss over our current managements shortcomings. Lets not kid ourselves, we are shite. Fortunately, sellic are shiter.

I grew up during the souness revolution so i talk as someone who's experienced 9IAR, obviously by the same token am not only used to celtic's recent domination, and honestly feel that as much as WS has been a superb servant to the club, has steadied the ship and has been the absolute correct short-term option it's is blatently obvious to me that he just doesn't have what it takes to take the club forward.

Some of the WS signings have been questionable to say the least, over the piece he's had a considerable amount of money to spend but has spent it on either poorly utilised players or poor utility players. Another concern is that if we are to reap the rewards of the huge investment in Auchenhowie then we surely need a manager who will have the courage to give youth a proper chance. WS's cautiousness is no new thing, wee Barry would have left had Advocaat not come in.

The unbeaten run we're on has given us a great chance to win the league but lets not forget we're level on points with a celtic team who've NOT won 7 out of their last 10 SPL games.

Firstly i'd like to be perfectly clear about the fact that i'm as happy as anyone that we're top of the league, delighted that a sense of order seems to have been restored.

However! My fear is that our success will gloss over our current managements shortcomings. Lets not kid ourselves, we are shite. Fortunately, sellic are shiter.

I grew up during the souness revolution so i talk as someone who's experienced 9IAR, obviously by the same token am not only used to celtic's recent domination, and honestly feel that as much as WS has been a superb servant to the club, has steadied the ship and has been the absolute correct short-term option it's is blatently obvious to me that he just doesn't have what it takes to take the club forward.

Some of the WS signings have been questionable to say the least, over the piece he's had a considerable amount of money to spend but has spent it on either poorly utilised players or poor utility players. Another concern is that if we are to reap the rewards of the huge investment in Auchenhowie then we surely need a manager who will have the courage to give youth a proper chance. WS's cautiousness is no new thing, wee Barry would have left had Advocaat not come in.

The unbeaten run we're on has given us a great chance to win the league but lets not forget we're level on points with a celtic team who've NOT won 7 out of their last 10 SPL games.

spot on. (tu)

It seems bizarre that even if we win the treble this year I would want a new manager in charge for the start of next season, but I have to admit that I do, whoever the next manager is, he needs to start from a position of strength and hopefully Walter can provide him that

has steadied the ship and has been the absolute correct short-term option it's is blatently obvious to me that he just doesn't have what it takes to take the club forward.

I agree, he's steadied the ship, done what he was brought here to do, and i don't think he is here to take the club to any next level, although a Uefa Cup Final, no matter how badly played, might argue different i guess!?

But i agree, a new manager is needed if the club is to up a gear, is McCoist the man for it though?

What a load of pish!

There's another thread on here claiming the least shit team will win the title. That's more correct than that pile of tosh.

I too grew up in the 9IAR era and saw some fantastic football.

Ah fuck it, lost my thread.

Let's GET CARRIED away, enjoy being on top and less of the How SHITE our management/chairman is.

WATP

It seems bizarre that even if we win the treble this year I would want a new manager in charge for the start of next season, but I have to admit that I do, whoever the next manager is, he needs to start from a position of strength and hopefully Walter can provide him that

Have to agree with you on that. Seems even stranger if you consider the Uefa cup run last season too but i think most of us are in agreement that a new manager should be brought in for next season.

What a load of pish!

There's another thread on here claiming the least shit team will win the title. That's more correct than that pile of tosh.

I too grew up in the 9IAR era and saw some fantastic football.

Ah fuck it, lost my thread.

Let's GET CARRIED away, enjoy being on top and less of the How SHITE our management/chairman is.

WATP

You obviously don't go to ibrox

It's a long season. The panic from seven points down is being replaced by euphoria now that the seven points have been overhauled. Neither is an appropriate reaction.

Not too high, not too low, Bears. Long way to go yet, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like our chances a lot more than theirs. We can score. They can't. :D

A poor Gers team have been gifted pole posistion by an equally poor scum team . I mean , let`s face it ,

they should really be miles ahead after the last Old Firm at Ibrox !! It`s up to us now to dig in and take number 52 !

It`s not going to be a classic title winning Gers team by any stretch , but that winning feeling will be glorious !!

But i`m not getting carried away (yet!!) :uk:

as much as i want it to be mccoist i dont think he is up to it? thing is i have no ideas who would be heard talk of the swansea manager but do u think he would come up here instead of the premiership?

A boy on my supporters bus who claims to be in the know was saying that Durrant is being lined up as the new manager due to his experience working with the youngsters, I think it's inevatible that McCoist will get the job though.

A poor Gers team have been gifted pole posistion by an equally poor scum team . I mean , let`s face it ,

they should really be miles ahead after the last Old Firm at Ibrox !! It`s up to us now to dig in and take number 52 !

It`s not going to be a classic title winning Gers team by any stretch , but that winning feeling will be glorious !!

But i`m not getting carried away (yet!!) :uk:

It's still quite possible that this Rangers team could win the treble :)

as much as i want it to be mccoist i dont think he is up to it? thing is i have no ideas who would be heard talk of the swansea manager but do u think he would come up here instead of the premiership?

A boy on my supporters bus who claims to be in the know was saying that Durrant is being lined up as the new manager due to his experience working with the youngsters, I think it's inevatible that McCoist will get the job though.

:D

hehe quality

mc coist is a good influence,but he is not a manager.we are led to believe he is in charge of cup games,he isnt,rangers are playing mind games with the supporters on this.

smith should go,i detest the way he sets out his teams.

i hope walter goes out on a high,and i think he will..

my management team

sounness..gough...mc coist.........sounness guiding gough..mc coist doing kenny macs job.

no more foriegn managers,at least we have learned that aspect.

we would struggle to get a decent premiership manager.these 3 are steeped in it..i know you will all say that gough hasnt managed,but with sounness fighting his corner..who knows.

not that i care..but i think smeltic will go for mowbrey,i think he is a far bigger threat to us than gingertop...we should plan ahead

:D

hehe quality

What's funny about that?