Boyd Future

fraser77

Boyds Future  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Will Boyd Be A Ranger Next Season ?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do You Want Boyd To Start In The Big Games To Give Him A Chance To Prove If He Can Cut It In Such Games ?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do You Want Boyd To Stay ?

• Yes
    • No

just want a yes or no answer with a short reason why thanks guys

Will Boyd Be A Ranger Next Season ?

Do You Want Boyd To Start In The Big Games To Give Him A Chance To Prove If He Can Cut It In Such Games ?

Do You Want Boyd To Stay ?

Happy Posting :)

my views are

no he wont be a ranger next year which pains me to say as i just cant see why he is beeing treated so badly just seems very ala huttoin forced out again and i also believe he will force out shagger before long !

i want boyd to get a run of say 15 games in the big games then judge his record in the big games i for one think boyd is a big game player if given the chance and the service

lastly I pray to be quite honest we keep him as i doubt we will find another cntre frwd whom scores and has the predetory instinct that boyd has and also has a love for the club at heart anywhere else in the universe !

lastly jst another point id like to add , if this is true about boyds attitude at the weekend doesnt it show he wants to play ? doesnt it show his desire for the club ? his love for the club

i mean do we want diddies like "BIG LEE" whom are happy to just be part of a squad and no more ! would kenny miller stand for what boyd has stood for i think not ! , maybe im wrong and im lost in times and players no should be happy to be a sub but i know one thing for sure wouldnt be a happy man and i agree with boyd on this one :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Boyd for his goals, but he has been off form for a few weeks now and looks distinctly stodgy.

I think Lafferty should start up front probably with Miller who I do not like.

In all honesty I feel Novo gives you a similar game to Miller but Novo can score too.

The plain fact is we need a new quality player up front to play with Lafferty in the future if Boyd does not regain his form.

Naismith needs more time as he is not fully fit or sharp yet.

Fleck may be the answer, but he is still young.

All our strikers would benefit if we had a winger playing each game. (Beasley or Aaron.)

No I don't think he will. He's probably the most expendable asset we have.

Do You Want Boyd To Start In The Big Games To Give Him A Chance To Prove If He Can Cut It In Such Games ?

At the moment no. He's on a bad run of form just now. Had this game been in November when his confidence was up then yes, I would have played him.

Yes, He's a good player to have in the squad. His goals, at times, can be invaluable.

(ps. The poll's sorted now ;))

No I don't think he will. He's probably the most expendable asset we have.

At the moment no. He's on a bad run of form just now. Had this game been in November when his confidence was up then yes, I would have played him.

Yes, He's a good player to have in the squad. His goals, at times, can be invaluable.

(ps. The poll's sorted now ;))

Thats a fairly sensible, rational reply, I am confused :D

Agree with that

I like Boyd for his goals, but he has been off form for a few weeks now and looks distinctly stodgy.

I think Lafferty should start up front probably with Miller who I do not like.

In all honesty I feel Novo gives you a similar game to Miller but Novo can score too.

The plain fact is we need a new quality player up front to play with Lafferty in the future if Boyd does not regain his form.

Naismith needs more time as he is not fully fit or sharp yet.

Fleck may be the answer, but he is still young.

All our strikers would benefit if we had a winger playing each game. (Beasley or Aaron.)

See, I totally agree about Boyd here, 100%, and, of course Novo, and, the wingers comment. However, the entire team has been off form for some time, around 2-3 years I think!

But, I honestly dont get the clamour for Lafferty, he hasnt proved anything yet, and, people consider him a first pick? My sarcastic side really just wants to say, but, he hasnt scored against celtic, and, has only scored against diddy teams, but, just as its untrue in regard to Boyd, its also untrue in regard to Lafferty, but, I dont see either of them as "the future" of Rangers number 9 shirt

think he will be pushed towards the exit but I would rather he stayed and changed his demeanour a bit

(tu)

I think the blame lies with manager and player in this case.

Boyd should be upping his game, but then again the Manager should be helping him along with that at the same time.

Maybe after this, and reading what Walter said about him in the paper (the rest of his game isn't to the same high standard as his goal scoring) then he will up his game a bit? Who knows?

think he will be pushed towards the exit but I would rather he stayed and changed his demeanour a bit

(tu)

Boyd should be upping his game, but then again the Manager should be helping him along with that at the same time.

Maybe after this, and reading what Walter said about him in the paper (the rest of his game isn't to the same high standard as his goal scoring) then he will up his game a bit? Who knows?

McBoyd blaming someone other than Boyd for Boyd's actions, who'd have thought it?

Boyd should have upped his game when he 1st signed - not when he felt like it and not for a month or so. It's his own fault.

Fallen out with Scotland and now Rangers - say's it all about him. Imagine this had been a foreigner!

(tu)

McBoyd blaming someone other than Boyd for Boyd's actions, who'd have thought it?

Miss a bit did we?

No, I read it. The point still stands. Smith has stood by Boyd so far this season, and Boyd throws the toys out of the pram as soon as things go against him. I don't see how you can blame Smith in any way for that.

I'm not blaming smith for the reaction Boyd has made though.

I was saying, smith said in an interview about how Boyd has a great goal scoring ability, but the rest of his game isn't up to par with that.

We all know that too.

But surely as a manager, (other staff included) they should be helping him up those parts of his game? Of course there needs to be willing from the player too, but thats what i was saying.

Player and Manager.

Boyd has had more than enough time to up his game and show that he can do it. The problem is that he doesn't think he needs to.

At 25 years old he is never going to imporve and reach that standard that is required.

From this point on his career is only going to stagnate so I think it's best for everyone involved if he moves on.

Boyd has had more than enough time to up his game and show that he can do it. The problem is that he doesn't think he needs to.

At 25 years old he is never going to imporve and reach that standard that is required.

From this point on his career is only going to stagnate so I think it's best for everyone involved if he moves on.

Sure, a player at 25 can't improve their game, what rubbish.

Sure, a player at 25 can't improve their game, what rubbish.

It's hardly rubbish :rolleyes:

Very few players improve after they hit their mid twenties.

It's hardly rubbish :rolleyes:

Very few players improve after they hit their mid twenties.

A player could quite easily improve by doing more training.

Especially fitness wise, speed, and ball skills would just come from practising more and more, of course it won't be over night, but you know.

To say "never" was a bit rash.