A few points coming from being outsung yesterday

mccoist355

I can guarantee you that we were not outsung once untill they scored and then we stopped singing almost completely.

Whether they made it sound like they were louder on the telly or not i dont know, but i was there and there is no way they outsang us!

thats how it came across on the big screen mate (tu)

Believe me id like nothing more than to find out the BBC had falty microphones, or deliberately turned down the volume on the Rangers end. but i fear thats wishful thinking.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can guarantee you that we were not outsung once untill they scored and then we stopped singing almost completely.

Whether they made it sound like they were louder on the telly or not i dont know, but i was there and there is no way they outsang us!

I honestly wouldn't bother arguing with this one airdriebluenose he's showed his colours on starting this thread. ;):sherlock:

I suppose it's basic psychology isn't it ... if we are attacked for everything we sing and they aren't then they will naturally have less impediment to their singing. This of course was always timmys intention and fair play to them it has worked but it hardly helped our cause that we had a gutless old woman like Murray at the top

p.s. Gutless football on the park probably doesn't help either

What a load bullshit. Take the blue tinted specs off. They outsing us from start to finish yesterday.

What a load bullshit. Take the blue tinted specs off. They outsing us from start to finish yesterday.

I agree with airdriebluenose.

Throughout the 90 mins both sets of fans sang in equal amounts.

A nice moment during the match was when the tims were singing the soldier song and we slilenced them with a full rendition of Rule Britannia.

I was pleased when Hello Hello, how do you do, we are the boys in royal blue, was sung

I thought the singing was generally evenly set, there were very rarely many moments in the game where both sets of fans were ALL singing in unison, by this i mean all rangers fans singing the same song at the same time, is was more seperate areas. until celtic scored, then they were mostly singing their songs in in unison. i certainly dont think the atmosphere was as dire as some made out, not in my section anyway

Look, I don't like my jobby tunnel being jabbed ok. Just because your local priest liked jabbing your jobby tunnel doesn't mean all men are that way inclined. Every post I make, there you are right up my arse.

Look, I don't like my jobby tunnel being jabbed ok. Just because your local priest liked jabbing your jobby tunnel doesn't mean all men are that way inclined. Every post I make, there you are right up my arse.

I'm sorry you feel this way my friend but whatever your sexual preference it really is none of my business and i'd prefer if you kept it private.

I would just like to inform you that i am in fact like you a member of this forum.

Being a member of this forum actually gives me the right to reply to fellow members posts.

As you GOAT are a fellow member i am perfectly entitled to respond to your posts.

I'm terribly sorry if my posts in any way have offended you however they are my opinions.

thank you

the tims hardly sang at all until they went 1-0 up.

one rendition of the soldiers song and that was about it.

may have sounded different on the tv but in the stadium thats how it was. fairly subdued crowd, with the bears a bit noiser during the 90 minutes. in extra time though the tims were alot noiser and the bears were pretty silent.

personally dont blame the fans for their silence at that stage - the manager had killed any belief we could get anything out the game, as soon as we were behind it was a formality and that led to the atmosphere in our end being killed

See if I let you suck my cock, will you give me peace?

As i clearly stated earlier please refrain from discussing sexual preferances.

I am here to dicuss Rangers and Rangers only.

Please respect my wishes on this matter.

thank you

It's apparent that a lot of folk have realised it's the 21st Century and they're Scottish/British and have no connecttion to Ulster whatsoever. So you have a section of the crowd who want to sing their Ulster anthems because were playing Celtic and another section who actually won't sing about something they have no passion for, or interest. The solution perhaps is to sing only about Rangers and look at getting more songs in the songbook - maybe even to the tunes of some of the more popular Ulster songs.

However, a lot of folk support Rangers to celebrate the whole Protestant thing - and I doubt they would change to just sing songs to get behind the team.

Only solution I can see is getting Rangers to come up to words to a few songs, such as Hello Hello, and then play them at the stadium as they did with Blue Sea. And maybe then there will be more songs that all fans can sing. Would certaionly beat listening to crap like 10 German Bombers!

Some Ulster songs like Derrys Walls and The Sash are ingrained within our culture and have become Rangers fan anthems and both are great terrace songs that i sing with pride even though ive no connection or great interest in ulster.

But i take your point - on the bus down to the game some numpty put a CD on with not a single Rangers song on it, and not even any more familiar tunes like the two above, just a load of forgettable rubbish that happened to feature "ulster", "belfast", "YCV" etc... No-one sang along to them on the bus and the atmosphere as a result was a disappointment. I cant bring myself to sing "take me home, take me home, to West Belfast!!!" FFS we're if thats not plastic paddyism of our own variety what is!

Though id be happy to sing Rangers words to Derrys Walls and The Sash, i dont suggest changing the words because atm its just not necessary.

TBB is different. Its currently banned and not sung at all at matches in general. Thats we why we need action from the supporters groups to bring it back.

As long as purely "cultural" songs are allowed at matches, DWs and the Sash should be left alone. Lets not change whats not broken.

Great post!

Most bears I know have nothing but apathy towards the situation in Ulster and unfortunately going to away days on buses its the only songs you are likely to hear.

TBB can come back and will come back, just change the words. Even if a few dinasours cant live without the offending word then surely the rest will drown them out.

We all know there is nothing majorly offensive about fenian but due to a complete lack of ability on the part of some of our support to know themselves what a fenian is the media have exploited this to be deemed catholic.

Just change it to Celtic, that will do me and im sure most other bears. If we have a song about them like TFS it becomes the song of choice for some reason, like we are obsessed by them.

Yes the mhanks get away with more than us, but to be fair a few of thier IRA Karaoke sessions have been reported in the press recently. The one thing they have managed to do though is have a full songbook about thier team and thier players.

This is the problem their offensive songs just wash over most people because they are never brought to book for them ... for example why should they be allowed to sing go home ya h*** at the end without so much as a squeek from the gutless mhedia :dry:

This is the problem their offensive songs just wash over most people because they are never brought to book for them ... for example why should they be allowed to sing go home ya h*** at the end without so much as a squeek from the gutless mhedia :dry:

One man, Peter Lewell.

There is no doubt we need parity, but as far as McCoist355 original point goes, I agree with him 100%.

The sash and DW's are as safe as houses and will never be banned, it would be completely paranoid to the think otherwise.

Change the words to TBB and lose the add ons that creep into other songs and we are back in business.

It's an intereting thing though if you watch old games the one song that was always first on the list in adversity and when we wanted to give the team (and ourselves) a lift was TBB ... it's almost as if we lost more than a song when we lost it

When are we all going to wake up to this - WE NEED TBB BACK - AND IT AINT COMING BACK UNTIL ITS CHANGED.

You clearly weren't listening very hard yesterday then.

So a few daredevils sung it - so what - it still aint coming back until its changed

the vast majority of punters wont join in the chant at most grounds as they're afraid of being lifted

and also, rightly, they dont want to get the club into trouble.

TBB wont come back without change because - The club are against it, the official fans groups (trust, assembly etc) are against, the SPL etc are against it, the media are against it...

not to mention the Bear-haters from other clubs.

Change the words and the chant can come back - at the cost of what? a bit of organisation? the inconvenience of singing about Rangers?

Why does it need changed??

Hello hello we are the billy boys

hello hello you'll know us by our noise

we're up to our knees in Fenian blood

surrender or you'll die

for we are the Bridgeton Billy boys

Nothing whatsoever sectarian in that song...........unless you add Fuck the Pope at the end but that's not part of the song

When are we all going to wake up to this - WE NEED TBB BACK - AND IT AINT COMING BACK UNTIL ITS CHANGED.

You clearly weren't listening very hard yesterday then.

So a few daredevils sung it - so what - it still aint coming back until its changed

the vast majority of punters wont join in the chant at most grounds as they're afraid of being lifted

and also, rightly, they dont want to get the club into trouble.

TBB wont come back without change because - The club are against it, the official fans groups (trust, assembly etc) are against, the SPL etc are against it, the media are against it...

not to mention the Bear-haters from other clubs.

Change the words and the chant can come back - at the cost of what? a bit of organisation? the inconvenience of singing about Rangers?

Why does it need changed??

Hello hello we are the billy boys

hello hello you'll know us by our noise

we're up to our knees in Fenian blood

surrender or you'll die

for we are the Bridgeton Billy boys

Nothing whatsoever sectarian in that song...........unless you add Fuck the Pope at the end but that's not part of the song

I agree, but when everyone from Mark McGhee to the boy that runs the Louden in Duke st has been called a "fenian Bastard" there seems to be no definition within our own support.

In the media, Fenian = Catholic.

To plenty within our own support, Fenian = Catholic.

As I say, change that one word and it will be back and there really would be nothing SDM, SFA or the mhedia could do about it.

So what if it means Catholic to them ?

Anything wrong with saying 'Fuck you Catholic bastard' ?

I have called religious people morons, retards, mongoloids,... in the past, so what ?

Its the 21st century.

Your prejudicing someone because of thier faith. If we all followed your logic then would it be okay to call someone a muslim bastard, a jewish bastard a protestant bastard. I also have no time for religion and I mean every faith, but I wouldnt be prejeduced to someone who was religious.

What the fuck has any of the above got to do with Glasgow Rangers anyway? And why should bears who also pay good money to see the team but would find any of the above offensive, have to be subjected to whatever you think is "not offensive"?

So what if it means Catholic to them ?

Anything wrong with saying 'Fuck you Catholic bastard' ?

I have called religious people morons, retards, mongoloids,... in the past, so what ?

Its the 21st century.

Your prejudicing someone because of thier faith. If we all followed your logic then would it be okay to call someone a muslim bastard, a jewish bastard a protestant bastard. I also have no time for religion and I mean every faith, but I wouldnt be prejeduced to someone who was religious.

What the fuck has any of the above got to do with Glasgow Rangers anyway? And why should bears who also pay good money to see the team but would find any of the above offensive, have to be subjected to whatever you think is "not offensive"?

Ah, 'it's the 21st century', the constant non-argument coming from the same people.