A few points coming from being outsung yesterday

mccoist355

So what if it means Catholic to them ?

Anything wrong with saying 'Fuck you Catholic bastard' ?

I have called religious people morons, retards, mongoloids,... in the past, so what ?

Its the 21st century.

Your prejudicing someone because of thier faith. If we all followed your logic then would it be okay to call someone a muslim bastard, a jewish bastard a protestant bastard. I also have no time for religion and I mean every faith, but I wouldnt be prejeduced to someone who was religious.

What the fuck has any of the above got to do with Glasgow Rangers anyway? And why should bears who also pay good money to see the team but would find any of the above offensive, have to be subjected to whatever you think is "not offensive"?

Ah, 'it's the 21st century', the constant non-argument coming from the same people.

Its certainly more contsructive than calling folk "bastards", "mongos", "retards" etc.

In fact, the irony is something else.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post!

Most bears I know have nothing but apathy towards the situation in Ulster and unfortunately going to away days on buses its the only songs you are likely to hear.

TBB can come back and will come back, just change the words. Even if a few dinasours cant live without the offending word then surely the rest will drown them out.

We all know there is nothing majorly offensive about fenian but due to a complete lack of ability on the part of some of our support to know themselves what a fenian is the media have exploited this to be deemed catholic.

Just change it to Celtic, that will do me and im sure most other bears. If we have a song about them like TFS it becomes the song of choice for some reason, like we are obsessed by them.

Yes the mhanks get away with more than us, but to be fair a few of thier IRA Karaoke sessions have been reported in the press recently. The one thing they have managed to do though is have a full songbook about thier team and thier players.

Fuck Celtic!

Why should we dignify them with mentioning them in our chant

Hullo Hullo We are the Billy Boys

Hullo Hullo You'll Know us by our noise

Our cry is "no surrender!"

We're Rangers til we die!

For we are the Brigton Derry Boys

HULLO! HULLO!

Id roar that out with a hell of a lot of pride - certainly better than the current version of TBB being sung at all matches = silence

I had 2 under cover cops sitting next to me at the end of our row, clearly monitoring what was being chanted and sung. I wonder how many they deployed and if they had a similar presence in the Celtic end. Funny thing is they were so obvious I couldn't help asking them "excuse me constables" and "excuse me officers" when I went past them to go for a pish. :mutley:

We were outsung all game either that or, the beeb had all the mics(microphones) down the sellik end.

I commented on it most of the game, seemed a poor show.

I wish i didnt have to say that. and agree with McC but he's not wide of the mark with this one.

got to agree since we have stopped singing tbb the atmosphere has died home and away so somethings got be done because the team have sufferd over the last few years over it i really belive that the better the atmosphere the better the team is simple as....

I am more concerned about how the performance is on the park.

The performanece on the park could have been better with a good bit off support from ALL our fans. We used to be a good 12th man..

We never made 11 1/2 on sunday..

I have called religious people morons, retards, mongoloids,... in the past, so what ?

Its the 21st century.

Your prejudicing someone because of thier faith. If we all followed your logic then would it be okay to call someone a muslim bastard, a jewish bastard a protestant bastard. I also have no time for religion and I mean every faith, but I wouldnt be prejeduced to someone who was religious.

What the fuck has any of the above got to do with Glasgow Rangers anyway? And why should bears who also pay good money to see the team but would find any of the above offensive, have to be subjected to whatever you think is "not offensive"?

Ah, 'it's the 21st century', the constant non-argument coming from the same people.

Its certainly more contsructive than calling folk "bastards", "mongos", "retards" etc.

You baffle me, all this '21ste century' nonsene is complete BS.

Does that mean it was ok to sing it 10 years ago, since that was not the 21ste century ? Or doesit mean that mankind is more sophisticated now than they were ten years ago ?

I can guarantee you that we were not outsung once untill they scored and then we stopped singing almost completely.

Whether they made it sound like they were louder on the telly or not i dont know, but i was there and there is no way they outsang us!

What a load bullshit. Take the blue tinted specs off. They outsing us from start to finish yesterday.

I agree with airdriebluenose.

Throughout the 90 mins both sets of fans sang in equal amounts.

A nice moment during the match was when the tims were singing the soldier song and we slilenced them with a full rendition of Rule Britannia.

I'd agree (and me agreeing with Edward's a first). I was in the West Stand and it didn't appear to be much difference in the level of singing during the 90 minutes. Any difference was extremely marginal.

The performanece on the park could have been better with a good bit off support from ALL our fans. We used to be a good 12th man..

We never made 11 1/2 on sunday..

We used to have a philosophy that the team went out to win games, we used to have players who cared, we used to have players who could pass the ball, who could tackle, we used to have players who hurt if results went the wrong way-- it is a two way thing--- the crowd will mirror the effort they see on the pitch-- raising the noise level when we set out on the back foot actually defeats the purpose and gives more adrenalin to the attacking team.

As I said the bigger worry is on the park and the lack of quality and bottle.

Its the 21st century.

Does that mean it was ok to sing it 10 years ago, since that was not the 21ste century ? Or doesit mean that mankind is more sophisticated now than they were ten years ago ?

Im astounded that you are baffled.

We have centuries of history where religious prejeduce has led to wars and the deaths of millions of people.

We should all be wiser and more tolerant. Runing around calling folk "Catholic, Jewish, Hinu, Muslim etc Bastards" is not the way forward.

How old are you, seriously?

Its the 21st century.

Of course the country is moving on. Things that were either acceptable or tolerable a decade or more ago are simply not anymore. People who don't move with the times end up looking like dinosaurs.

There were popular TV programs in the 70's that would be viewed as utterly racist these days but in the 70's many saw no problem with it. Things change and they're not going to stay the same for the rest of your life, move with it.

Its the 21st century.

We have centuries of history where religious prejeduce has led to wars and the deaths of millions of people.

We should all be wiser and more tolerant. Runing around calling folk "Catholic, Jewish, Hinu, Muslim etc Bastards" is not the way forward.

Old enough to see that this has nothing to do with being tolerant, but everything to do with politically correct bullshit.

If I want to call someone a f*nian I would think it is my right to do so, it's not like I'm calling all Catholics f*nians eh (Only the ones who believe we walked on earth together with dinosaurs) ?

Maybe you should look up what a f*nian is first.

if he/she wants to strike back by calling me a belgian c*nt then fine, let them, I won't lose any sleep over it.

And the centuries of wars caused by religion is sort of a confirmation that I am perfectly entitled to calling religion moronic, retarded and mongoloid.

Its the 21st century.

Old enough to see that this has nothing to do with being tolerant, but everything to do with politically correct bullshit.

If I want to call someone a f*nian I would think it is my right to do so, it's not like I'm calling all Catholics f*nians eh (Only the ones who believe we walked on earth together with dinosaurs) ?

Maybe you should look up what a f*nian is first.

if he/she wants to strike back by calling me a belgian c*nt then fine, let them, I won't lose any sleep over it.

And the centuries of wars caused by religion is sort of a confirmation that I am perfectly entitled to calling religion moronic, retarded and mongoloid.

Thats not what you said, you said "religious people".

I also beleive religion is retarded, the root of all evil.

I have strong opinions on islam but I wouldnt try to covet debate on the subject by calling someone a "muslim bastard". What moral high ground would you have there?

As for knowing what a fenian is, I know fine well what one is. I certainly know that McGhee isnt one and neither is the guy who runs the Louden on Duke st.

Also if im sitting at the game with my kids and someone starts calling someone a "Catholic bastard", I will tell them to shut up. Why should my kids be subjected to that when they are only there to see the Rangers?

If this thread was on another forum, 365 for example, you would be hanging yourself out to dry with some of your comments. Its not PC Bullshit, but called being a civilised human being.

Think about it.

But if you feel the need to personally abuse religious people then thats your right to do so, in your own home. Its not your right to bring it to Ibrox or any other public domain for that matter. Thats why we have laws and try to live in a secular society.

Its the 21st century.

It still does!

This whole "it's the 21st century" nonsense doesn't wash with me. What your basically saying it's politically correct. That's all it means. Everyone is offended by everything and ashamed by nothing.

I feel that we dont sing enough songs about Rangers or our players now. Everything seems to be about German Bombers, Ulster or Great Britain. I myself dont have a problem with any of these song choices but I just feel itd be better to hear about our great club once in a while!

I'm not, players can be motivated by a boisterous crowd and a passionate backing.

When the t**** are standing for 90 minutes and getting behind their team while our fans are moaning about not being able to see the action sitting on their arse it can have a negative effect on the pitch.