A few points coming from being outsung yesterday

mccoist355

Ok - its generally agreed we got caned at the final in terms of singing by the Septic hoardes - a few comments id make....

Its Time to sing about RANGERS.

Listen to the scums' chant "Glas-gow Sep-tic Chum-pi-ons na na na na" to yankee doodle dandy - im sorry to say, but thats a very good chant. It winds us up - and so it should - And its a football chant so it sends no flak their way.

Rather than sing some pish return verison about them being paedophiles, which makes us look like dicks more than any reflection on them, why not sing about Rangers?

Some Bears i heard were singing "GLAS-GOW RAN-GERS FIF-TY-ONE LEAGUE FLAGS IS R' WORLD REC-ORD!" now THATS something to be proud of and sing about, and shows they're miles away from touching us on that front.

I made the long journey down from Aberdeen in vain hope of getting a ticket and ended up watching the game in the Flordia Park bar.

The one chant that got the biggest licks and best reaction? You guessed it, TBB.

When are we all going to wake up to this - WE NEED TBB BACK - AND IT AINT COMING BACK UNTIL ITS CHANGED.

The Blue Order, Union Bears, RST - when is someone going to pull their finger out and start looking realistically at how this could be achieved. We need it believe me. Yes there are of course other big problems at the club, but this is something we fans can make a difference with - NOW.

Septic's support sadly was their 12th man yesterday, where as ours collectively didnt come up to scratch IMO.

Im convinced the majority of Bears want TBB back and are happy to sing about Rangers instead to bring the old roar back - and to those Bears who say "ill sing about fenian blood or be silent" when it comes to bringing back TBB, if you're happy to be outsung by those filth fine, but personally the thought makes me feel physically sick.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When are we all going to wake up to this - WE NEED TBB BACK - AND IT AINT COMING BACK UNTIL ITS CHANGED.

You clearly weren't listening very hard yesterday then.

So a few daredevils sung it - so what - it still aint coming back until its changed

the vast majority of punters wont join in the chant at most grounds as they're afraid of being lifted

and also, rightly, they dont want to get the club into trouble.

TBB wont come back without change because - The club are against it, the official fans groups (trust, assembly etc) are against, the SPL etc are against it, the media are against it...

not to mention the Bear-haters from other clubs.

Change the words and the chant can come back - at the cost of what? a bit of organisation? the inconvenience of singing about Rangers?

So a few daredevils sung it - so what - it still aint coming back until its changed

the vast majority of punters wont join in the chant at most grounds as they're afraid of being lifted

TBB wont come back without change because - The club are against it, the official fans groups (trust, assembly etc) are against, the SPL etc are against it, the media are against it...

Change the words and the chant can come back - at the cost of what? a bit of organisation? the inconvenience of singing about Rangers?

There's plenty of other songs about Rangers. Changing the words of TBB would be utterly pointless, and defeat the point of it being sung at all, IMO. Why make it just another song?

It was more than a few daredevils, by the way.

There's plenty of other songs about Rangers. Changing the words of TBB would be utterly pointless, and defeat the point of it being sung at all, IMO. Why make it just another song?

Na I think it might be a good idea to change the words, theyd still know the song and if we could sing it without the offending words then there would be nothing anyone could say or do, good idea!

[quote name='mccoist355' post='3207070' date='Mar 16 2009, 01:46 PM'

Na I think it might be a good idea to change the words, theyd still know the song and if we could sing it without the offending words then there would be nothing anyone could say or do, good idea!

Exactly Kidsonic.

SSKL - if the Rangers fans were once again roaring out HULLO HULLO - as only we can by the way - drowning out the pish from the opposition fans, combining it with a wee bouncie and scarf wave like we used to...

I'd challenge you to stand on the terraces and dismiss it as "just another song" - regardles of whatever words we mumbled in between

FFS its the best chant - and we know it. And its NOT because its got a line about fenian blood, it because of the anthemic/atmospheric quality of 10s of thousands of Bears roaring HUUULLO! HUUULLLO!

Exactly Kidsonic.

SSKL - if the Rangers fans were once again roaring out HULLO HULLO - as only we can by the way - drowning out the pish from the opposition fans, combining it with a wee bouncie and scarf wave like we used to...

I'd challenge you to stand on the terraces and dismiss it as "just another song" - regardles of whatever words we mumbled in between

FFS its the best chant - and we know it. And its NOT because its got a line about fenian blood, it because of the anthemic/atmospheric quality of 10s of thousands of Bears roaring HUUULLO! HUUULLLO!

He's right you know... ^^^

You need the blue order and other groups to support ou bro. Maybe start an online petition and present it to Murray and co. I'd sign it. ;)

Exactly Kidsonic.

:clap:

Exactly Kidsonic.

I do want to hear the HULLO HULLO bit again :21:

Frankly the words are irrelevant, it's the principle that's important to me. If we change the words to make it just another song, then we've been defeated.

The current situation is a state of defeat: we're not singing our best chant.

Changing the words is the smart move that would bring our chant back - with a few minor alterations - on our own terms remember if the fans vote - to bring it back for keeps ie. MOPE proof.

Singing about Rangers in a new version would not be a punishment for me - or the vast majority of Bears who i think are desperate to get the old hullo hullo roar back

It wouldn't be a punishment, but we'd still have been beaten, essentially. I understand your point, but I disagree.

OK - we'd have lost the battle regarding the Old TBB with the old fenian blood words. But id argue the fact its as good as dead in that form inside grounds already constitutes defeat on that front.

But - we'd have won a battle in the wider war of trying to create the best and most intimidating atmosphere we can at games, giving our team the loudest support - Rangers fans going into matches without Hullo Hullo/TBB is likely an army going into battle minus its best weapon.

Anyway, its all very well posting about it on forums - but until a group like TBO or Union Bears etc... takes this on, it'll no happen in a hurry

You need the blue order and other groups to support ou bro. Maybe start an online petition and present it to Murray and co. I'd sign it. ;)

We dont need the clubs permission for anything - providing its clearly different Rangers words being sung/attempted to be sung, the club would have no problem

I can imagine them saying "ok - but if fans slip into the old version, they'll be subject to the stewards attention"

It's apparent that a lot of folk have realised it's the 21st Century and they're Scottish/British and have no connecttion to Ulster whatsoever. So you have a section of the crowd who want to sing their Ulster anthems because were playing Celtic and another section who actually won't sing about something they have no passion for, or interest. The solution perhaps is to sing only about Rangers and look at getting more songs in the songbook - maybe even to the tunes of some of the more popular Ulster songs.

However, a lot of folk support Rangers to celebrate the whole Protestant thing - and I doubt they would change to just sing songs to get behind the team.

Only solution I can see is getting Rangers to come up to words to a few songs, such as Hello Hello, and then play them at the stadium as they did with Blue Sea. And maybe then there will be more songs that all fans can sing. Would certaionly beat listening to crap like 10 German Bombers!

We dont need the clubs permission for anything - providing its clearly different Rangers words being sung/attempted to be sung, the club would have no problem

I can imagine them saying "ok - but if fans slip into the old version, they'll be subject to the stewards attention"

Then you need to work with the blue order and so on to get information on cards for all fans on ALL match days til it sinks in. It's your only possible hope. Info on cards left on seats on match day. It would cost money but it'd be worth it.

It's apparent that a lot of folk have realised it's the 21st Century and they're Scottish/British and have no connecttion to Ulster whatsoever. So you have a section of the crowd who want to sing their Ulster anthems because were playing Celtic and another section who actually won't sing about something they have no passion for, or interest. The solution perhaps is to sing only about Rangers and look at getting more songs in the songbook - maybe even to the tunes of some of the more popular Ulster songs.

However, a lot of folk support Rangers to celebrate the whole Protestant thing - and I doubt they would change to just sing songs to get behind the team.

Only solution I can see is getting Rangers to come up to words to a few songs, such as Hello Hello, and then play them at the stadium as they did with Blue Sea. And maybe then there will be more songs that all fans can sing. Would certaionly beat listening to crap like 10 German Bombers!

Some Ulster songs like Derrys Walls and The Sash are ingrained within our culture and have become Rangers fan anthems and both are great terrace songs that i sing with pride even though ive no connection or great interest in ulster.

But i take your point - on the bus down to the game some numpty put a CD on with not a single Rangers song on it, and not even any more familiar tunes like the two above, just a load of forgettable rubbish that happened to feature "ulster", "belfast", "YCV" etc... No-one sang along to them on the bus and the atmosphere as a result was a disappointment. I cant bring myself to sing "take me home, take me home, to West Belfast!!!" FFS we're if thats not plastic paddyism of our own variety what is!

Though id be happy to sing Rangers words to Derrys Walls and The Sash, i dont suggest changing the words because atm its just not necessary.

TBB is different. Its currently banned and not sung at all at matches in general. Thats we why we need action from the supporters groups to bring it back.

As long as purely "cultural" songs are allowed at matches, DWs and the Sash should be left alone. Lets not change whats not broken.

I think the difference was Celtic fans KNEW they were going to win because we offerd no threat really, Rangers fans must of known we were going to lose because like i said, no real effort or quality. That's the difference IMO on the day of who outsung who.