Velicka: "Of course I am frustrated,"

Boab

I think how Velicka's been treated is despicable tbh.

He's joined us and been instantly cast out for absolutely no reason. Especially given the few appearances he managed to make he looked decent in, getting a goal.

Unlike Hemdani though he's not slagging anything off about us, and is maintaining his dignity about things.

Then next game against Hearts he was truely woeful, i agree he has been treated wrongly though

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people tell us all of Uncle Walters man management skills but in my eyes he has treated some players with total disrespect. Namely Gow, Velicka and Edu and probably most of the youngsters at the brox.

If mistakes are made in the transfer market that unfortunate, it is a gamble that the management take. I would rather they manifest themselves at Murray training ground as opposed to 1st team games.

It may sound brutal but that is the nature of the game, if these guys are not up to it then they will have to be moved on. Problem being- the market that we are dealing, these players are not keen to move on as they earn good wages, train in a good facility and have good contracts.

Unfortunately, I think the vast majority of our players look as bad as they often do because of the way the team is being set out and the tactics they are being asked to execute.

That's an excellent point. I know Fleck's a young player, and therefore likely to be a little inconsistent, but at Parkhead in particular it seemed pretty obvious that he'd been told not to attack too much, and to primarily keep tight. Same goes for Aaron and to a lesser extent Beasley. You'll never get the best from attacking players like those 3 if you tell them to hang back all the time.

Of course it can't have helped Aaron that Papac and, to a lesser extent Ferguson, seemed totally against giving him the ball.

The suggestion in the article that there was some skulduggery involving Ostenstad is disgraceful - and ridiculous. Is Ostenstad such a big bluenose that he'd get involved in dodgy dealings with us? Give us peace.

I never quite knew what to expect from Velicka when we signed him but knew he was never gonna be better than a squad player. He's been unlucky not to play as much, missing out on Europe was probably the main reason.

Well if he never missed that sitter in Kaunus he might have got a few games. It's another mysterious signing by Smith though.