Goals from midfield

Stuart_RFC

IMO we have been seriously lacking in that department for a long time now. every team that has any aspirations of winning trophies MUST have someone from midfield that scores between 10-15 goals a season. We need someone like this in the summer ASAP. But again...goals = money

Absolutely and it's not just been this season. Another area is our centre halves. We have been little threat at corners or set pieces. Contrast the number of goals that Celtic's defenders have contributed over the last few seasons compared to us. This year I'm not sure we've scored from that position. We have had several games this season when we have forced corners amounting to double figures but have not even threatened the opposing goal, let alone scored. Actually I can only remember Prso's winner at Fir Park as a goal coming from a corner. That was the first day of the season but there may have been others. Obviously I don't include Weir and Ehiogh in that as they've hardly had the chance to show themselves to be a threat in the opposition box.

a few years ago we wer linked to wee unkown aussie in the name of tim cahill, what a signing he would have been and a big problem solved doh

Yes...he's exactly what we need. Would love to have him at Ibrox.

Adam is not good enough. Ferguson gets in so many good positions yet fails to hit the target. Celtic have goalscorers in Nakamura, Gravesen and Hartley. That is the difference between us! Thomson has scored 3 goals in his time at Hibs, Hemdani will score about once every 5 seasons and Burke wont score a lot either.

WE dont score a lot at corners because Adam hits them out the far side and Burke is useless at them as is Novo. Add to that our big men cant header apart from Weir and Boyd is well covered.

Our midfield going forward is CRAP at creating and scoring goals. So are our forwards except Boyd.

Boyd apart and a once in a blue moon Adam score, who is there to score? BF an odd time and that is all.

We NEEDED GOW NOW - cant understand why we never got him and a striker.

Its all fine and well saying we could have had Pedesen and Cahill but perhaps they wouldn't have become the players they are now if they came here.

Cahill was already a class act at Millwall tho. How much did Everton pay for him?

Its all fine and well saying we could have had Pedesen and Cahill but perhaps they wouldn't have become the players they are now if they came here.

Cahill was already a class act at Millwall tho. How much did Everton pay for him?

Was about to say the same. Can't imagine him doing anything but shine at Rangers.

The last defender I can remember scoring this season was Alan Hutton v Partizan Belgrade. The remaininf defenders can barely do their main job never mind trying to score.

Aside from Adam and Ferguson, and even then the threat is sporadic, our midfield posses absolutlely no teeth whatsoever. Boyd is only consistent forward.

None of it is good enough.

£1.5m i think for cahill and morten gamst pedersen was around the same. They both would have been fantastic signings. Just goes to show you dont actually have to spend massive amounts of money to get talented players if you know where to look.

I think the lack of goals from the positions mentioned simply underlines the lack of quality throughtout our team.

Much building to do come the summer time...and make no mistake...come the new season the honeymoon period will be well and truly over for the new management team.

I think the lack of goals from the positions mentioned simply underlines the lack of quality throughtout our team.

Much building to do come the summer time...and make no mistake...come the new season the honeymoon period will be well and truly over for the new management team.

Agreed, but even more so for SDM if he does NOT splash SOME cash.

JMO.

:wacko:

Cahill and Pederson have been mentioned as the ones that got away, but Brown and Gow were there for the taking and we let them off the hook till the summer. Both are free scoring midfielders.

Hopefully Thommo's injury isn't too bad though and we can see Bazza given that extreme forward role again as the first half yesterday was definatley a step in the right direction.

Steve Sidwell would be a good signing, out of contract in the summer and has been linked with celtic. Scored 47 goals for Reading in 183 games. Unfortunately, out of our wage structure I think and will probably stay with Reading or join a bigger EPL team. Tho you dont get if you dont try!

Steve Sidwell would be a good signing, out of contract in the summer and has been linked with celtic. Scored 47 goals for Reading in 183 games. Unfortunately, out of our wage structure I think and will probably stay with Reading or join a bigger EPL team. Tho you dont get if you dont try!

Would love to, but can't see him, in the Blue of Rangers.

Have Arsenal not already been linked with him?