Ferguson and McGregor dismissed from training

skins

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are idiots. After being nearly sent home, then benched they acted like a pair of schoolkids with their V to the Press. Their IQ must be around their age level.

Humble pie for a week or two and they could have watched this story wither and die. No matter what line of work you are in, if the boss gives you a telling off and you immediately turn round and act like you think you did nothing wrong and got off lightly, you will get a further bollocking.

Setanta confirming Weir is captain for the rest of the season.

Hopefully Ferguson will be sent packing. His poor form and attitude is setting a bad example to the youngsters coming through.

Undecided about McGregor. He deserves the 2 week suspension, but I don't know if I'd sell him. He's a good keeper.

So what if he's a good keeper, why does he get special treatment?

Special treatment?

The 2 week suspension isn't special treatment. He's the best keeper in Scotland, and for that alone I'd like to keep him at Rangers. I'd ship Ferguson out based purely on his form.

He's no even the best keeper at the club :rolleyes:

Rangers website will be showing the complete news conference.

Awfully nice of the club not to charge...

EDIT: according to the site it's on World, meaning there will be a charge.

Lots of subscribers on here, I'm guessing. I'm gutted though because on my way to work and World doesn't work on Apple, especially not iPhone.

Best thing to happen all season.

Shame McGregor's not playing but i'm over the moon Barrys getting dropped. He his the only player holding this team back.

Can't wait till Thomson's back.

Now differently written

Gers Punish Duo

BARRY FERGUSON has been deposed as Rangers captain and sent home from training today along with goalkeeper Allan McGregor in lieu of their actions at Scotland's World Cup qualifier with Iceland on Wednesday.

Manager Walter Smith has revealed that the two players will return to Murray Park later today when they will meet Chief Executive Martin Bain and learn their fate.

Following this meeting Rangers will release a statement. However, Smith has made it plain that the club is very unhappy with the players' behaviour and has revealed that they will not play at Falkirk.

Neil Alexander will come in to replace McGregor and Davie Weir will skipper the team.

It is common knowledge that Ferguson and McGregor were involved in a drinking session with other players at Cameron House Hotel on Sunday and that Scotland manager George Burley decided to leave them on the bench for the Iceland match as a result.

However, it is the gestures that the two players made while sitting on the bench that have angered Rangers and the manager in particular.

Smith said: "They were sent home from training today and they will return later when they will meet Martin Bain, our chief executive, and the Club will make a statement after that.

"It's not something that we would have wanted but the timing of it is not in our own control. We have to react to the circumstances and it's regrettable that it has happened at this time.

"Obviously what happened last Sunday with Scotland players is regrettable. Then we had an incident on Wednesday with two players from our own club and that's what we have had to act on.

"We have to respect the fact that George (Burley) will handle the international part of it but certainly from our own point of view it is regrettable that we had a few players involved in that situation.

"It was the acts of the players that caused us to move on this situation more than anything else.

"The disciplinary aspect of what happened at the weekend is something for George to act on. We are unhappy with the situation and any manager who had players involved in that would be the same.

"The most disappointing aspect for me was the subsequent reaction on the bench and from the club's point of view I don't think that was a good image to portray.

"I would feel it would be embarrassing for the players when they saw the images portrayed the next morning and that relates to your club as well and that was disappointing.

"I'm disappointed that we're having to take the action that we are taking. We don't want to do it but we have to react to a situation that the Club has been put in, in the sense that it is an embarrassment to the Club.

"These are not actions that we have taken lightly because it doesn't help us from a football point of view but we had to take them.

"We hope that this does not affect us adversely in the Championship and we hope that we have the players to cover but we will just have to wait and see.

"Both players have been playing regularly and both are good players so it's disappointing that we have had to take the decision that we have done."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1611143,00.html - Now differently written.

just wanna say the gesture pics are varied from different sources, one with greegs on the left oh fergie and one the other way round, unless there is video evidence i dont believe they were intentionally doing this, just so happens the mighty press have them pictured together doing this, fuck the press and all they represent. sick of the one way bias, they arent free from fault and should be punished but to hang them out to dry to there whole country shocking, they may be players and human beings alike but why is there no pure facts regarding this matter, and what of the other players whome were on the session aswell

There is video evidence. It showed you them on the highlights on Wedneday.

The pair of them behaved like a couple of dicks. They deserve it.

If that was Celtic players, you'd be crying murder.

Ferguson has been pish this season anyway so I don't see what folk are getting to worked up about.

well done watty shocking behaviour from a rangers captain.

think this is the excuse he was waiting on to bring fergie down a bit and possibally get rid of him from the club.

shagger will just need to serve a couple of weeks penance then be back fighting for his place

A big pat on the back for Walter and his staff (tu)

I had the impression that Barry still had an invincibility about him in the changing room, well my opinion was unfounded.

He was meant to be the national team captain and setting an example, all he has done is made a prick of himself, Scotland and Rangers. And then for him to act like he did on Wednesday was just the last straw.

And McGregor is just as bad, a couple of jack the lads who think they are untouchable. As for the "other" drinkers I don't give a fuck, they don't represent our cub.

And for those who say the league is finished without Barry, how many points have we dropped since he came back compared to when he was injured at the start of the season :pipe:

Well done Walter, nobody is bigger than the club :clap:

It will be interesting to see if barry talks his way out of it apperently Murray is a good friend so 1 of 2 things will come of this Barry will go or Smith will go, and tbh id rather Barry went

And McGregor is just as bad, a couple of jack the lads who think they are untouchable. As for the "other" drinkers I don't give a fuck, they don't represent our cub.

Steven Whittaker was one of them :rolleyes:

He doesn't represent our club, he's pish! :D

In all seriousness though. Smith has said that was something for Burley to sort out. What got his back up was the "gestures" haud it and daud it were doing on Wednesday.

I would imagine Whittaker (if he was one of the drinkers) will have had a word in his ear this morning.

Somewhere , a man named Paul le Guen is laughing...

while challenging for the French title

Indeed. Quite a few "what ifs" surrounding that man's time at the Club now.

I'm delighted that Ferguson has been dropped, and have no fears about the very capable Alexander taking over the gloves.

Somewhere , a man named Paul le Guen is laughing...

while challenging for the French title

Hately made a good point yesterday. If he would have got rd of Barry at the start we would have probably backed him, but the fact he let results go down the pan then blame Barry made it look like he was looking for a scapegoat.

If PLG would have gotten his way.......we will never know :(

He doesn't represent our club, he's pish! :D

But Whittaker conducted himself properly afterwards yes he had a drink, but he accepted his bollocking from Burley, he didnt fire the V's to the national and internationla press, he didnt put the Rangers name under any strain and didnt refuse to train with the substitutes....Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor did all the above on Wednesday and its shocking.....we expect this of the scum but not of our own!!!