Ferguson and McGregor dismissed from training

skins

I think WS has been a poor manager this season. I do however think he has got it spot on here. Nobody really knows the extent of BF's influence on the team, but it has performed poorly since he came back.

I think it will allow others to raise their game. Allow Walter to play Edu and let us see what he is like if he gets a run of games. I hope it allows Davis into centre midfield with Mendes and Edu behind them. Play Beasley on the left and Novo and Boyd up front.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness this should have been done years ago, Walter should have punted him as soon as he come back!

All i hope this time around we back the Manager and the Club on this decision, and not embarrass ourselves by chanting Barry name. No doubt about it Barry Ferguson is a dark shadow that overcast the rest of the squad and it's time to get rid and make a statement!

All in all i applaud Walter for finally doing the right thing :clap:

yep DB at last some hope ....Suoerscoreboard will be in ecstacy about all this material tonight :rolleyes:

Yeah ecstasy by us phone in and congratulating Walter on doing the right thing 1.gif

I'll be sticking to TalkSport tonight.

I think I'll want to stab Peter Martin to death with a blunt screwdriver if I end up listening to him crow on about this.

In all fairness this should have been done years ago, Walter should have punted him as soon as he come back!

All i hope this time around we back the Manager and the Club on this decision, and not embarrass ourselves by chanting Barry name. No doubt about it Barry Ferguson is a dark shadow that overcast the rest of the squad and it's time to get rid and make a statement!

All in all i applaud Walter for finally doing the right thing :clap:

yep DB at last some hope ....Suoerscoreboard will be in ecstacy about all this material tonight :rolleyes:

Yeah ecstasy by us phone in and congratulating Walter on doing the right thing 1.gif

I'll be sticking to TalkSport tonight.

I think I'll want to stab Peter Martin to death with a blunt screwdriver if I end up listening to him crow on about this.

Talk Sport is the only football phone in that is unbiased!

sure i heard Adrian Durham sticking up for Ferguson and Mcshagger the other day, and actually criticising Burleys handling of it!

i nearly crashed my car..........

Rangers manager Walter Smith revealed today that it was Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor’s childish behaviour on the Scotland substitute’s bench that provoked their dismissal from the club.

Smith has stripped Ferguson of the captaincy and both players are now waiting to hear if they have a future with the club after the pair were caught on camera making v-signs to the Tartan Army during the Scotland Iceland match.

The exasperated Ibrox boss said that the drinking session which involved “lot of other players” was not his concern, but said that the players crossed the line with their public display of petulance.

“The disciplinary aspect of the weekend’s stories is something for George to act on ," he explained. "We’re unhappy at that situation – that’s left to the international group as much as anything else.

“I think everybody is fairly well aware that it wasn’t only Rangers players involved in this incident. I think it’s fairly common knowledge that there were a lot of other players involved as well.

“The most disappointing aspect for me was the subsequent reaction on the bench. From the club’s point of view I don’t think that was a good image to portray.

"Life goes on ," he added. "We have to go on without the lads."

http://sport.stv.tv/home/86460-walter-smit...n-and-mcgregor/

glued to SSN..its getting boring get the press conference on

I'm actually feeling completely frustrated with today. This news has ruined many of our days' in the sense that the normal order of things got totally messed up while we sit like trumpets waiting for news.

And I'm bloody sick of the total lack of information.

Sums it up IMO, they won't play for Rangers again.

No change in Ferguson's case then.

I'll get me coat.

Yeah that line does imply both have played there last game for us.

I which case it's pretty fucking low, it's clearly a pretence to allow another annual big money sale of McGregor in the summer.

Yeah that line does imply both have played there last game for us.

I which case it's pretty fucking low, it's clearly a pretence to allow another annual big money sale of McGregor in the summer.

That's one way of looking at it, but lets be honest in the summer we would have been selling them anyway without this latest saga.

RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB announced today it has suspended Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor following an internal club inquiry into the players' conduct over the last week while on international duty with Scotland.

Martin Bain, Chief Executive of Rangers, said the players have been suspended without pay for two weeks, the maximum sanction permitted under the guidelines governing players' conduct.

Ferguson and McGregor were called to a meeting with Martin Bain at Rangers' Murray Park training ground this afternoon and were informed of the action being taken by the Club.

Martin Bain said: "The overall conduct of the players during the last week while on Scotland duty has, regrettably, fallen considerably short of the standards expected by Rangers Football Club and our supporters and has brought the Club into disrepute.

"The management of the Club has taken the view that this has damaged both Rangers and Scotland and is unacceptable. Even though our Club is entering the critical stage of the league season and the later stages of the Scottish Cup, appropriate disciplinary action was required."

The Club has agreed with the players that part of their deducted wages will be donated to charity.

Barry Ferguson said: "I deeply regret what happened last weekend and the events during the last week and apologise wholeheartedly for the embarrassment caused to Scotland, Rangers, both sets of supporters and my friends and family.

"I have always considered playing for Rangers and Scotland an honour and a privilege and nothing will change that and I am bitterly disappointed by the announcement that I will not be selected for Scotland again."

Allan McGregor added: "I was absolutely delighted to be selected for Scotland last weekend and I am deeply sorry over what has happened since then. We all make mistakes in life and I am very disappointed to have let Rangers, Scotland, my family all the fans down. I am also desperately disappointed that I will not be selected again for Scotland at this stage in my career."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1612014,00.html