The Barry Ferguson that i will remember

minstral

Read the title of the thread (tu)

I have torn into him for the last 18 months along with the other 10000000000000000 threads on him in the BD over the last few days, months....

r u ever wrong?

seems u always have the right answers at the right times.

today, told me a lot.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hes been pish for the last 3seasons. he should have gone long ago but theres no takers for him.

hes bleeding us dry, its time to show him the door. WORST captain in my lifetime

Timmy??????

Never!! :rolleyes:

Good player in his day, that started to believe his own hype.

He was brought up in the traditions, but his lack of dignity and respect clouded his responsibilities as captain. that's what hurts the most IMO.

We'll have "Rangers Minded" players in the future playing for us, lets just hope they have witnessed what not to do to.

Had everything he could want and fucked it!!!

If the team play well in the next few games it would be very hard for him to get back in the team after suspension although if we struggle he could be straight back in after the 2 weeks. I think if he does come back he will have a point to prove which may help decide the league title. Walter was right tho, a Rangers and Scotland captain should not be acting like this, FFS what was he thinking.

No matter what barry has done he has guven us some great performances, and some of the same fans that are now giving him abuse, were the first cheering barry when we won the title and cups.

I'll always remember that Ferguson. He was a very special player, and i won't forget all the brilliant moments he gave us. But as sad as it all is, today has been on the cards for a long time unfortunatly, its just sad that it (probably) has to end on a sour note because i thought he deserved better. But he only has himself to blame.

Great post (tu)

I'll always remember Barry Ferguson - the guy that was my hero, the one I looked up to, the player I modelled my game on, a player who on his day was 'world class', a player who took the Scottish game to another level with his displays, the player who gave his all, the player who ran the show against many great teams and players - Scholes, Baggio, Matthaus, Effenberg, Gerrard....Parma, Porto, Bayern, England....the guy who made me burst into tears at the age of 19 whilst at work after seeing the breaking news of him joining Blackburn Rovers on SSN back on the 29th August 2003. I remember sitting in the Parken Stadium and instead of jumping about and celebrating, I sat with my face tripping me as I thought it was going to be his last game.

That Ferguson will never be forgotten!

Another good post. Exactly the kind of emotions I felt when he left.

Its like the Zidane scenario , I will remember the grace rather than disgrace.

I'll remember Barry as my childhood hero , someone to look up to. On his day he was an absolute joy to watch, world class even. I'll also remember crying my eyes out when he left for Blackburn and wondering if we will ever see him in a Rangers jersey again. Sadly the last few years haven't been kind to Barry and he deserves a hell of a lot better but he should have known better not to conduct himself in that manner , it'sa pity that he has bowed out in such an unsatisfactory way.

I will only have good memories of him.