George Burley

damien1

This man is culpable for destroying maybe the club and International careers of two football players.

Why? He has completely mismanaged this whole situation as Scotland manager.

1. Why in the first place allow a drinking session inbetween two important World Cup qualifiers?

2. Why on earth allow Ferguson and MacGregor onto the bench for the Finland game?

These two questions must be asked of him. Although we can't condone the idiotic behaviour of Fergie and Greigsy they shouldn't have had the opportunity. If Burley had managerial balls they shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near Hampden. Suspended for a match or two, apologise for the drinking session and then we move on. But no, the situation was allowed to escalate to a point where there are two very sorry boys been brought down to earth with a huge thump. Long term this may be good for Greigsy, Fergie's days are over though, he wont be trusted by Rangers or by it's fans anymore, he will unlikely move abroad, he's at a crossing in his life where his reputation is in tatters and he doesn't have the time left to rebuild it.

So Burley's lack of managerial skills has now brought his tally of Rangers players retired from the squad to four, who's next?

I've been quite critical of the players actions but I agree that Burley has to be held responsible as well. Hopefully if they go through with this enquiry they'll sort things out and we'll have a new manager. He clearly doesn't have the respect of the squad at all.

Btw you meant Iceland right?

The players were on the bench at the other players request. I dont think he had any intention of playing them. They may have been allowed to drink, but no-one was holding a gun at their head forcing them to stay up until the morning in the bar. If Ferguson wasnt responsible enough to know that was wrong, well he got all he deserved. Shite a manager as Burley is, he is only partially responsible for the drinking incidents.

None of this would of happened if Burley wasnt manager of Scotland, including the Boyd v Burley saga aswell.

Not that im condoning Ferguson or Shagger.

Is the Boyd V Wattie saga Burleys fault as well?

Its down to a systematic lack of discipline in out team.

the players had a drinking sesseion, little was done about it, papers got wind of this (i wonder who grassed) everything was fine and dandy untill the morning of the game, press breaks it so then hutton and barry would be no where near the team or the stadium, right thing to do untill mr gordon smith stuck his ore in and told burley both players must be at hampden, so burley has no choice but to tell te players to be on wednesday.

burley was prepared to put this to one side but gordon said no and now look at the mess smith caused

thats what i think

Boyd V Wattie ?

Relating to their recent fall out.

I seriously don't remember it...what happened ?

Boyd was sent home from training for taking the huff at not playing against Hamilton in the cup. He apologised next day. Problem over

The problem would be over if he was scoring goals which he aint.

Boyd V Wattie ?

Boyd was sent home from training for taking the huff at not playing against Hamilton in the cup. He apologised next day. Problem over

The problem would be over if he was scoring goals which he aint.

doh

I meant the problem between Smith and Boyd was over when he apologised.

Boyd V Wattie ?

Ah...now I remember...think it happened the week I was at Cheltenham when I was too drunk to care…...... :pipe: