Bring Barry back and win the title

minstral

I find it strange that we had another hard fought victory today without Ferguson, and Edu who 'replaced' him having another good game (unless you're BP9), but people still think that making a totally unncessesary change to the team will benefit us. My confidence grows with every passing game Ferguson is out of the team.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never mind dropping edu for barry , drop mendes for barry - mendes is a ghost of late - he needs a kick up the arse. even though we are winning our midfield is constantly getting dictated over - the old firm is going to be a problem with that hack robson - he'll bully edu and mendes out the game (td)

never mind dropping edu for barry , drop mendes for barry - mendes is a ghost of late - he needs a kick up the arse. even though we are winning our midfield is constantly getting dictated over - the old firm is going to be a problem with that hack robson - he'll bully edu and mendes out the game (td)

You've got it ! (tu):sherlock:

nope we're doing just fine without him. 4 wins out of 4 what more could we want from the team. They're playing with more confidence and starting to get into a habit of getting into games early in the first half instead of waiting till the last half hour to start playing football.

I say if anything drop Mendes but he supplies crucial through balls (FORWARD) that Barry simply just doesnt give us. Edu gives us the balance in midfield that we need and you can see because of the results.

I agree with another poster who said play BF in the Cup-semi and see how he does. Then we can decide whether to put him in for the league matches. If anything it'll let us rest one of our main guys, either edu or mendes.

Wouldn't bully Davis and Edu though...

We need someone in midfield that will hold the ball and make decent passes, which at the moment none of our midfield seem capable of doing. This might have been the kick up the backside that Barry has needed, to show him that he is not Mr Rangers. If he comes back near the player we all know he is capable of being we will win the title as our midfield is not producing at the moment.

I totally agree (tu)

If it aint broke dont fix it

but it is broke - we are winning these away games by the skin of our teeth - every other game we are all praying for the final whistle -not good enough (td)

we badly miss thommo - there is no steel in the middle of the park at all

but it is broke - we are winning these away games by the skin of our teeth - every other game we are all praying for the final whistle -not good enough (td)

I can't believe this thread.

Four wins out of four and people want it all changed.

Maybe GeneralCartman and Bluepeter9 are right, the lack of trust this support has in youth will ruin is (td)

Maybe GeneralCartman and Bluepeter9 are right, the lack of trust this support has in youth will ruin is (td)

tbf you want yer Aaron to play :P

Baz has failed to control games this season. He doesn't scare the opposition the way he used to.

I'd stick with the midfield who have hammered out results for us.

barley papa :anguish:

i just think fergie would do a job for the old firm and tannadice , dropping mendes.

id even drop mendes for fleck

We need someone in midfield that will hold the ball and make decent passes, which at the moment none of our midfield seem capable of doing. This might have been the kick up the backside that Barry has needed, to show him that he is not Mr Rangers. If he comes back near the player we all know he is capable of being we will win the title as our midfield is not producing at the moment.

If we could be guaranteed the Ferguson of times gone by I'd agree 100% Minstral, but he's been off the boil since he came back from injury and would only very slightly improve the midfield IMO. I do think even a half decent Ferguson would add a bit of bite which we've been lacking for a long time now, probably since he was last fully fit.

I'd still have him in the side in Edus' place tho, as his ball-winning is better.

I think Ferguson will be playing in the old firm game. I'd rather drop Mendes for a couple of games rather than Edu

Mendes is the closest thing we've got to a creative midfielder, so why drop him? Edu & Ferguson together fills me with dread! :anguish:

I think Ferguson will be playing in the old firm game. I'd rather drop Mendes for a couple of games rather than Edu

Mendes is the closest thing we've got to a creative midfielder, so why drop him? Edu & Ferguson together fills me with dread! :anguish:

I'm wary of that partnership too - hence I'd go with Davis and Edu in the middle.

Wouldn't bully Davis and Edu though...

On current form he definitely would! How many tackles did Davis win today? Not a lot! <cr>

barley papa :anguish:

i just think fergie would do a job for the old firm and tannadice , dropping mendes.

id even drop mendes for fleck

we didn't win at all with ferguson.

he was rank when in the team, acted like a tit and now were winning...there is absolutely no reason to bring him back.