Just why are Newcastle so awful

Danny

It's a really bizarre combination of a badly run club (Ashley), appalling management appointments (Gullit, Kinnear, Shearer, Keegan), and quite awful tactics on the pitch which really makes one wonder how on earth a club like that is floundering so badly.

It's not quite the same as Leeds as they imploded thanks to too much money spent and badly managed infrastructure - Newcastle haven't exactly got to a CL semi final recently...

And look at the players they have had over the last say 5 years: Viduka, Boumsong, Duff, Owen, Martins, Coloccini, Given, Butt, Barton, etc etc. These are some damn good players tbh.

And yet they're beyond tragically bad.

It beggars belief.

Toon Army = :wanker: s

why though? why are so many people happy to see them go down?

I always quite liked them

I think it's the schadenfreud of a big team's demise.

I think they show how important it is to have genuine local rivals. You would imagine that having a big town all to their self would be an advantage but I think the little comfort zone it gives them is actually counterproductive

That and a combination of thinking they are a big club regardless of what happens. Their fans are loyal enough to ensure there is always a huge crowd, but fickle enough that they constantly want changes.

I agree absolutely with Thermo's point. I honestly think we would be in similar problems if we didn't have a major rival nearby showing us when we slip. And when they slip and we slip in near lock-step, you can see that we both quickly become pretty poor sides.

And look at the players they have had over the last say 5 years: Viduka, Boumsong, Duff, Owen, Martins, Coloccini, Given, Butt, Barton, etc etc. These are some damn good players tbh.

As I was reading out those names I was thinking they're all shit...

I think if you check spending in the EPL newcastle would be in the top 6 or 7 spenders

in that league over the last 6 years !! I could never figure out why they didnt spend money on the

defence and start from there , They had Given a class goalie and if it was me I would have spent money on Cuellar last year and possibly the big guy from Fulham Hangelande or something then you got a base would have sold their midfield is worse than ours i liked the guy they bought from Bolton? hes a good player thats about it in midfield and then upfront martins ( quality ) Vuduka ( Lazy and Injured ) Owen ( ALways Injured ) so there defence is shocking they dont have a midfield and their strikers are all injured !! I hope they go down used to like them but they have a shocking squad of players the only guy i like is Guiterrez

I think they show how important it is to have genuine local rivals. You would imagine that having a big town all to their self would be an advantage but I think the little comfort zone it gives them is actually counterproductive

It's barely 20kms from Sunderland. That's less than it is from one side of Brisbane to the other. Our closest thing to a local derby is a team 100km away so I don't think you can say Newcastle lacks local competition.

As I was reading out those names I was thinking....

Your first mistake :pipe:

They aint' a big team, they never have been and never will be, its all in their deluded heads. "big teams" win something at least once in a blue moon. They can't, they deserve to go down and stay down. Their fans are beyond help, their club and team is a joke and the sooner they go down the better :pipe:

As I was reading out those names I was thinking....

Your first mistake :pipe:

Oh, yeah, didn't see Given in there. The rest are shit. (tu)

They aint' a big team, they never have been and never will be, its all in their deluded heads. "big teams" win something at least once in a blue moon. They can't, they deserve to go down and stay down. Their fans are beyond help, their club and team is a joke and the sooner they go down the better :pipe:

If they're only a wee team, how could they afford guys like Duff, Owen and Martins?

How could they appoint such major coaches as Gullit and Robson?

How can they afford such a massive stadium, and why is their support probably one of the biggest 4 in the UK for attendances?

Arsenal are a big team yet haven't won a thing for 4 seasons, far as I know.

I don't think it's as black and white as you paint it m8.

If they're only a wee team, how could they afford guys like Duff, Owen and Martins?

How could they appoint such major coaches as Gullit and Robson?

How can they afford such a massive stadium, and why is their support probably one of the biggest 4 in the UK for attendances?

Arsenal are a big team yet haven't won a thing for 4 seasons, far as I know.

I don't think it's as black and white as you paint it m8.

Oh they are fairly big, but they're not massive. Way behind Chelsea and Arsenal in terms of fanbase now. And they've always been behind us in terms of fans. They're certainly not as big as their fans would have you believe. I have seen it first hand as I live about 1 hour away from Newcastle and have visited their stadium. I wouldn't call Gullit a major coach either. Bear in mind that Duff, Owen and even perhaps Martins were all cast-offs from bigger teams.

Newcastle are a joke of a club from top to bottom. How can they claim to be a big club when the last time they won a trophy was in the 1960's. They haven't won a domestic trophy since 1955. Poor players, bad managers and a bad chairman. Too many chiefs in that set-up and not enough indians.

I think Tactically Newcastle are awful, i managed to watch 20 mins of the Liverpool game then switched off the Newcastle Players have NO structure they all seem to chase the ball no-one actually sticks to their position its actually not funny anymore these guys are proffesionals earning what i get in a year and i could play better than half their squad

I think Tactically Newcastle are awful, i managed to watch 20 mins of the Liverpool game then switched off the Newcastle Players have NO structure they all seem to chase the ball no-one actually sticks to their position its actually not funny anymore these guys are proffesionals earning what i get in a year and i could play better than half their squad

Haha, it's so true.