276 members have voted

1. 1. Should Boyd start against Celtic?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definitely. he's finding the net right now and he owes us one against celtic.

this would be my team if manager:

lafferty Boyd

Aaron Edu Mendes Davis

Smith Bougherra Weir Whittaker

Alexander

if its still 0-0 at h/t sub velicka on for boyd and move aaron into an amc role.

I would keep pretty much the same team. Boyd and Velicka up front, if Velicka is fit.

Completely agree with that, can't see how either can be dropped in this form. Velickas scored a lot of goals against celtic as well!

yes with the proviso that a workhorse like Novo, Lafferty or Miller is his partner. I think the Celtic defence would lap it up if Velicka and Boyd started because they're more static....effective but static

he was shit today

we need a bit of speed against septik so i think possibly kenny up front with lafferty

Saying he was shit is not constructive at all, atleast have a valid argument.

furthermore he wasn't shit and played his part not only with a goal but his team play is showing signs of improvement.

He HAS to start next week. He has earned it on recent performances. It shouldn't even be a question.

I'd say Velicka deserves to start more than Boyd does

He has scored imporant goals in recent weeks, ie The opener. Where as Boyd has only been able to score when the game is over or the opposition is chasing the game.

Miller and Velicka for me (tu)

I'd keep him in there but not with Velicka, they may both be scoring but it's not a good partnership.

if they are both scoring then it IS a good partnership.

There's more to football than scoring a goals, a partnership needs a good understanding where the players complement each other and link up well.