Does everyone in Scotland have a favourite when it comes to the Old Firm?

Derek Johnstone was saying that some of his brothers have season tickets at Tannadice but on Sunday they will probably be wanting us to win ... so I just wonder how many people around the country only claim to support their local team?

Derek Johnstone was saying that some of his brothers have season tickets at Tannadice but on Sunday they will probably be wanting us to win ... I wonder how many people around the country only claim to support their local team?

There was a great story i read once about on of the De Boer brothers when the signed for Rangers. I can't remember the player, maybe it was Hadji, put their arm around I'm sure it was Ronald De Boer and said something along the lines of "So, you do you like best; Rangers or Celtic?" I thought that was pretty cool. Can't remember where i read it. Prob in the NOTW or something. The fine details escape me like a fart in the wind, though.

I would say so, other friends who support Falkirk, United or Aberdeen always have an allegiance to one half of the old firm. Think basically because of the media exposure, size, success etc most fans outwith old firm have a soft spot for 1 of them it's only natural when everyone else is talking about it that you probably lean towards one side or the other.

They like to say that because it makes them sound like free thinkers and above the rivalry ... but I think if they are completely honest with themselves most people do favour one side or the other

That's my opinion as well,i mean we can choose between say Dundee and Dundee United yet they cant choose between us

and them....

I think most of them couldn't give a shit and hate us both.

Yep. I hate the old firm arrogance that says everyone has to give a shit about one of us.

'Aye but are ye a Rangers St Johnstone fan or a Celtic St Johnstone fan?' Fuck off.

Derek Johnstone was saying that some of his brothers have season tickets at Tannadice but on Sunday they will probably be wanting us to win ... I wonder how many people around the country only claim to support their local team?

There was a great story i read once about on of the De Boer brothers when the signed for Rangers. I can't remember the player, maybe it was Hadji, put their arm around I'm sure it was Ronald De Boer and said something along the lines of "So, you do you like best; Rangers or Celtic?" I thought that was pretty cool. Can't remember where i read it. Prob in the NOTW or something. The fine details escape me like a fart in the wind, though.

youve completely lost me <cr>

I think its definitely possible people would have a prefered option when it comes to the OF- especially seeing as its always either one of us that wins the league.

I have a mate, a die hard Motherwell fan, member of the lodge and can be quite sectarian at times, yet hates us just as much as he hates the filth.

tbh, I find it disgusting that a neutral fan would rather Celtc won anything over us. I can understand people supporting Celtc, through bigotry, family ties, "Irish" ties etc.... but for a Scottish born neutral to support a team whose fans openly support terrorism, go on and fucking on about a foreign country, and refuse to fly our own countries flag, among other things is in my mind astounding.

I think its definitely possible people would have a prefered option when it comes to the OF- especially seeing as its always either one of us that wins the league.

I have a mate, a die hard Motherwell fan, member of the lodge and can be quite sectarian at times, yet hates us just as much as he hates the filth.

tbh, I find it disgusting that a neutral fan would rather Celtc won anything over us. I can understand people supporting Celtc, through bigotry, family ties, "Irish" ties etc.... but for a Scottish born neutral to support a team whose fans openly support terrorism, go on and fucking on about a foreign country, and refuse to fly our own countries flag, among other things is in my mind astounding.

Some well known footballer (at the time) put his arm around R.Deboer and asked him who he liked better. This was well before he signed for Rangers.

They like to say that because it makes them sound like free thinkers and above the rivalry ... but I think if they are completely honest with themselves most people do favour one side or the other

100% agree (tu)

Some well known footballer (at the time) put his arm around R.Deboer and asked him who he liked better. This was well before he signed for Rangers.

What, just randomly?

Definitely, some of my pals are die hard Motherwell supporters and they hate Celtic.

My gaffer is an Airdrie :anguish: fan, he is an ex member of the Black Skull F.B. and he despises the tims.

Wow what up with Airdrie ot Ayr-Da-Ray as the fans sing.

Most of my Airdrie supporting pals prefer rangers but my pal scott kinda jumps goes to gers and celtic games. :anguish::anguish: