Boyd off at Half Time

tgblue

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on. Give him a break. It was 37 degrees at the pitch. Some people arent suited to the heat. Maybe Boyd is one of these people. I remember thinking after about 20 minutes or so that he was sweating like a priest on a choir boy. Cut him some slack for fuck sake.

perhaps if he hadn't gone out and got rat-arsed last Sunday night he might have coped better with the heat... I wish to fuck he would work on his fitness and his diet, makes me sad that he lacks that professionalism....

Every other player coped, most having done alot more than him, Davis and Miller ran themselves into the ground, Boogie just never stopped....

So what!?!!

If he didn´t feel too good it was for the best for the team that he came off. I know myself that I just can´t play in hot weather either, it drains away my energy levels in no time. It´s of course different from one player to another. IMHO he did the right thing.

Nacho didn´t do too badly, did he? :clap:

So what!?!!

If he didn´t feel too good it was for the best for the team that he came off. I know myself that I just can´t play in hot weather either, it drains away my energy levels in no time. It´s of course different from one player to another. IMHO he did the right thing.

Well said

So what!?!!

This is true, and I myself am like that. Still... it's a Cup Final. No Falkirk players were grousing about it.

How can a professional footballer in this day in age, with the fitness facilities we have at Ibrox, barely last 45 minutes in the heat today i'll never know. He was blowing out of his arse after about 10 minutes, fucking diabolical. I expect the "Boyd can do no wrong" group to come on defending him etc, but this time you can't. He is embarassingly unfit, and the money this guy gets a week is sickening when some people knock their pain in day in day out to get 5 quid an hour , and this joker gets a wee bit hot and wants off the park but earns thousands a week.

Disgusting. No doubt this Summer we will get the "Oh Boyd has been working on his fitness" pish once more, but the fact is it has steadily went down since he joined us, he was much leaner, much livelier, nowadays he looks overweight and can't last half a match in warm conditions.

Whatever way anyone dresses it up, it is simply not good enough.

Aye, I agree, he should have stayed on the park and put in a poor second half performance and denied us a match changing sub

Imo it should have been Lafferty off for Novo if anything, but i wouldn't change how it went now obviously :21:

I had a go at him during the game but that was in the heat of the moment!

Some people can't stand the heat. I struggled in it yesterday, and, I was only caddying. Anyone who has played football in that temperature will know where I'm coming from - it's not easy. The longer you go on, the harder it gets; breathing is hard, your legs become like lead, you struggle to walk, let alone run....better saying he was fucked, than carrying on!

Aye, I agree, he should have stayed on the park and put in a poor second half performance and denied us a match changing sub

Imo it should have been Lafferty off for Novo if anything, but i wouldn't change how it went now obviously :21:

If boyd cant play, he has to come off, simple as that, Lafferty was very poor, yes but even then, Nacho scored from a wing position, he was a replacement for boyd but it was lafferty who moved up top

Some people can't stand the heat. I struggled in it yesterday, and, I was only caddying. Anyone who has played football in that temperature will know where I'm coming from - it's not easy. The longer you go on, the harder it gets; breathing is hard, your legs become like lead, you struggle to walk, let alone run....better saying he was fucked, than carrying on!

Exactly, people would be sitting here ripping him to shreds if he carried on and couldn't play at all due to the heat.

Yet, on the opposite end if he DID do what he apparently did, he's still getting it :lol:

Yes, but for those players out there it didn't really get to that stage till about 70 minutes, Boyd was at that stage after about 15 minutes because his fitness is beyond shite.

ffs he's scored 31(?) times for us this season, we've just won the double and people are criticising the team. get a grip and support your team like real rangers supporters. would you rather boyd stayed on the pitch to keep his pride yet ultimately endanger his health? didnt think so

rant over

ffs he's scored 31(?) times for us this season, we've just won the double and people are criticising the team. get a grip and support your team like real rangers supporters. would you rather boyd stayed on the pitch to keep his pride yet ultimately endanger his health? didnt think so

rant over

No one is saying that, obviously since he couldnt hack it he done the right thing by saying to Walter and Ally, and ultimately Novo got the winner anyway, my point is he shouldnt be that unfit in the first place that he can't go any longer than that.