Boyd off at Half Time

tgblue

Come on. Give him a break. It was 37 degrees at the pitch. Some people arent suited to the heat. Maybe Boyd is one of these people. I remember thinking after about 20 minutes or so that he was sweating like a priest on a choir boy. Cut him some slack for fuck sake.

(tu) Well said me friend

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ffs he's scored 31(?) times for us this season, we've just won the double and people are criticising the team. get a grip and support your team like real rangers supporters. would you rather boyd stayed on the pitch to keep his pride yet ultimately endanger his health? didnt think so

rant over

No one is saying that, obviously since he couldnt hack it he done the right thing by saying to Walter and Ally, and ultimately Novo got the winner anyway, my point is he shouldnt be that unfit in the first place that he can't go any longer than that.

aye fair enough lol, im just sitting with someone who is ranting about him lol. yeah his fitness isnt the best, hopefully his will he the kick up the arse he needs

All that matters to me is that we are Double Winners!

I'm going to get rattled tonight, and, I'm going to enjoy my summer even more!

All that matters to me is that we are Double Winners!

I'm going to get rattled tonight, and, I'm going to enjoy my summer even more!

(tu):21: Well said.

Who cares if Boyd went off at halftime because of the heat. If anything him doing that led to Nacho scoring :lol:

GLASGOW RANGERS CHAMPIONS, OH OH OH OHHH!!!

ffs he's scored 31(?) times for us this season, we've just won the double and people are criticising the team. get a grip and support your team like real rangers supporters. would you rather boyd stayed on the pitch to keep his pride yet ultimately endanger his health? didnt think so

rant over

Aye well said mate, like today 30 mins and i was a wilting leave, can’t take the hot heat!!!

Come on. Give him a break. It was 37 degrees at the pitch. Some people arent suited to the heat. Maybe Boyd is one of these people. I remember thinking after about 20 minutes or so that he was sweating like a priest on a choir boy. Cut him some slack for fuck sake.

(tu) Well said me friend

(tu)

Bougherra said that even he felt drained with the heat at times and he's Algerian.

I think Boyd put a good first half in. Probably done too much running around though and tired himself out.

Give the guy a break.

How can a professional footballer in this day in age, with the fitness facilities we have at Ibrox, barely last 45 minutes in the heat today i'll never know. He was blowing out of his arse after about 10 minutes, fucking diabolical. I expect the "Boyd can do no wrong" group to come on defending him etc, but this time you can't. He is embarassingly unfit, and the money this guy gets a week is sickening when some people knock their pain in day in day out to get 5 quid an hour , and this joker gets a wee bit hot and wants off the park but earns thousands a week.

Disgusting. No doubt this Summer we will get the "Oh Boyd has been working on his fitness" pish once more, but the fact is it has steadily went down since he joined us, he was much leaner, much livelier, nowadays he looks overweight and can't last half a match in warm conditions.

Whatever way anyone dresses it up, it is simply not good enough.

Absolutely true.

Our Kris isn´t exactly the most athletic football player around, and by the looks of it, he never will be either. He has certainly worked hard on his overall game lately, but fitnesswise he seems to be a level below the rest.

He did the right thing in saying that he was struggling, It's better to do that than do what Velicka did against Hibs. Boyd realised that he wasn't able to perform and was honest enough and brave enough to let the manager know and because of that we won the game.

That to me shows that he is maturing, well done Boyd.

How can a professional footballer in this day in age, with the fitness facilities we have at Ibrox, barely last 45 minutes in the heat today i'll never know. He was blowing out of his arse after about 10 minutes, fucking diabolical. I expect the "Boyd can do no wrong" group to come on defending him etc, but this time you can't. He is embarassingly unfit, and the money this guy gets a week is sickening when some people knock their pain in day in day out to get 5 quid an hour , and this joker gets a wee bit hot and wants off the park but earns thousands a week.

Disgusting. No doubt this Summer we will get the "Oh Boyd has been working on his fitness" pish once more, but the fact is it has steadily went down since he joined us, he was much leaner, much livelier, nowadays he looks overweight and can't last half a match in warm conditions.

Whatever way anyone dresses it up, it is simply not good enough.

Absolutely true.

Our Kris isn´t exactly the most athletic football player around, and by the looks of it, he never will be either. He has certainly worked hard on his overall game lately, but fitnesswise he seems to be a level below the rest.

But he scores the goals for us!!!!

If he felt he couldn't perform, WHATEVER the reason, it's better that he own up to it and get someone else in.

Everyone would be going mental if he came out after it and said he couldn't handle the heat but played on. Then it would have been "unprofessional Boyd thinks he's bigger than the team."

So what!?!!

If he didn´t feel too good it was for the best for the team that he came off. I know myself that I just can´t play in hot weather either, it drains away my energy levels in no time. It´s of course different from one player to another. IMHO he did the right thing.

Nacho didn´t do too badly, did he? :clap:

well put mate people going on about him coming off cause hes to hot so fuck would you rather he staid on and did fuck all dont think so

If he felt he couldn't perform, WHATEVER the reason, it's better that he own up to it and get someone else in.

Everyone would be going mental if he came out after it and said he couldn't handle the heat but played on. Then it would have been "unprofessional Boyd thinks he's bigger than the team."

Exactly.

Boydy won't ever win with some people.

:lol:

Exactly.

You're missing the point, like i said, no one is saying Boyd should have stayed on. Clearly he made the right decision to call it a day before he done damage to himself. It's the point he is getting himself into that state, due to his clear below average fitness, that is the worrying part. And he was hardly a workhorse that first half, he simply shouldnt be at that stage so soon in a match.

Exactly.

You're missing the point, like i said, no one is saying Boyd should have stayed on. Clearly he made the right decision to call it a day before he done damage to himself. It's the point he is getting himself into that state, due to his clear below average fitness, that is the worrying part. And he was hardly a workhorse that first half, he simply shouldnt be at that stage so soon in a match.

Hardly a work horse so much that they made a compilation of what he did and commended his link up play at half time?

Exactly.

I don't agree, as many people have said here, some people just can't handle it. How often will we play in these conditions, hardly ever. I don't see the point in slagging him about it.

Also, so soon in the match? It was half-time!

Exactly.

Hardly a work horse so much that they made a compilation of what he did and commended his link up play at half time?

Look, i know you will defend Boyd to the death regardless of whatever the situation, but are you honestly telling me with a straight face, he ran himself into the ground that first half? There is absolutely no excuses for his fitness to be that bad, none what so ever.

Look, i know you will defend Boyd to the death regardless of whatever the situation, but are you honestly telling me with a straight face, he ran himself into the ground that first half? There is absolutely no excuses for his fitness to be that bad, none what so ever.

So heat = bad fitness?

I feel like im going to faint when i play in really hot weather, don't you think he could be the same?

So heat = bad fitness?

I feel like im going to faint when i play in really hot weather, don't you think he could be the same?

With the training routine and fitness facilities at Ibrox and him being part of a massive club like Rangers, his fitness should be at a very high level. You and me and most people on here would have probably had enough at 45 minutes today with the heat outside, but we arent paid the money he is and go through the same training he does day in day out, or supposedly goes through.

I'm not saying he should have stayed on, because if he did stay on he could have done damage to himself, but to get to the point where you can't continue after 45 minutes in those conditions, when he never really worked OVERLY hard, is inexcusable.

So heat = bad fitness?

Maybe, but you're not getting £8k a week and playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world in a cup final :lol:

So heat = bad fitness?

Maybe, but you're not getting £8k a week and playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world in a cup final :lol:

£8k doesn't mean he isn't human. :lol:

So heat = bad fitness?

£8k doesn't mean he isn't human. :lol:

He's 26 years old, so he knows by now that he can't hand warm weather. He should have said before the game instead of being an empty jersey for the first 45 minutes.

He's 26 years old, so he knows by now that he can't hand warm weather. He should have said before the game instead of being an empty jersey for the first 45 minutes.

No chance :lol:

Heard that about the heat. WTF? A match in Scotland and players can't play in the heat? ffs couldn't make it up. I have heard it all now.

But.. as one poster so aptly put. Maybe if he stayed OFF the bevvy last Sunday -- he might have coped better. Who knows.. but he sure as fuck did not give himself every chance to be 110% fit?

Doesn't say a lot about his character. Suck it up.. get fluids. and play.