Boyd off at Half Time

tgblue

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, i know you will defend Boyd to the death regardless of whatever the situation, but are you honestly telling me with a straight face, he ran himself into the ground that first half? There is absolutely no excuses for his fitness to be that bad, none what so ever.

So heat = bad fitness?

I feel like im going to faint when i play in really hot weather, don't you think he could be the same?

Maybe, but you're not getting £8k a week and playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world in a cup final :lol:

£8k doesn't mean he isn't human. :lol:

He's 26 years old, so he knows by now that he can't hand warm weather. He should have said before the game instead of being an empty jersey for the first 45 minutes.

I think i've got a bit of understanding there, he'd perhaps have felt like a failure if he'd not even attempted to play from the start. At half time he obviously realised he couldn't handle another 45 minutes of it and was honest about it rather than going out there and putting in what would have been a nothing display.

I had to rewind it when I heard David Tanner say 37.5 degrees, that is 99ºF. I don't care what country you are from but that is hot, it feels even hotter when you're from Scotland though :P I cant really blame him for complaining.

I had to rewind it when I heard David Tanner say 37.5 degrees, that is 99ºF. I don't care what country you are from but that is hot, it feels even hotter when you're from Scotland though :P I cant really blame him for complaining.

As I said in the other thread, that was ground temperature.

Air temperature was around 23 or 24 degrees. Again, as I said in the other thread, that should be no problem to a professional athlete.

Its because he's way unfit, he would have collapsed if he had played on. someone at 6ft and near enough 15 stone, can't be on the move for 90 minutes in heat as they use up too much energy and would need to eat a meal at half time to get through it. He's in a shocking state of fitness, all he must eat is junk food and drink alcohol or Coke/Irn Bru and that stuff.

If I played for Rangers I would make sure I was as fit as possible, to get the best out myself and play for as long as possible. His attitude must be "ive made it" and is living like he can do what he wants.

Its because he's way unfit, he would have collapsed if he had played on. someone at 6ft and near enough 15 stone, can't be on the move for 90 minutes in heat as they use up too much energy and would need to eat a meal at half time to get through it. He's in a shocking state of fitness, all he must eat is junk food and drink alcohol or Coke/Irn Bru and that stuff.

If I played for Rangers I would make sure I was as fit as possible, to get the best out myself and play for as long as possible. His attitude must be "ive made it" and is living like he can do what he wants.

I am an ground engineer in the RAF and doin ma job in the UK is not a problem fitness wise but when we get sent out to hotter places like afgahn an bahsra even the guys allot fiter than me toil to do the job because of the heat.

I mean he isnt the fittest but he has still improved his game allot since last season and nobody can argue with his scoring record so give hime a break.

If Boyd wants to play with us next season, he's going to really need to work on his fitness over the break and shed some pounds and that might make him run faster and have a little more ability.

How can a professional footballer in this day in age, with the fitness facilities we have at Ibrox, barely last 45 minutes in the heat today i'll never know. He was blowing out of his arse after about 10 minutes, fucking diabolical. I expect the "Boyd can do no wrong" group to come on defending him etc, but this time you can't. He is embarassingly unfit, and the money this guy gets a week is sickening when some people knock their pain in day in day out to get 5 quid an hour , and this joker gets a wee bit hot and wants off the park but earns thousands a week.

Disgusting. No doubt this Summer we will get the "Oh Boyd has been working on his fitness" pish once more, but the fact is it has steadily went down since he joined us, he was much leaner, much livelier, nowadays he looks overweight and can't last half a match in warm conditions.

Whatever way anyone dresses it up, it is simply not good enough.

absolutly rite but i do feel we owe something to this man

Come on. Give him a break. It was 37 degrees at the pitch. Some people arent suited to the heat. Maybe Boyd is one of these people. I remember thinking after about 20 minutes or so that he was sweating like a priest on a choir boy. Cut him some slack for fuck sake.

I'm not sure where they got that shite from, it's never been 37 degrees in Scotland ever ffs. Christ, I've played footy in Abu Dhabi and Puerto Rico without crying that it was too fuckin' hot.

Come on. Give him a break. It was 37 degrees at the pitch. Some people arent suited to the heat. Maybe Boyd is one of these people. I remember thinking after about 20 minutes or so that he was sweating like a priest on a choir boy. Cut him some slack for fuck sake.

I'm not sure where they got that shite from, it's never been 37 degrees in Scotland ever ffs. Christ, I've played footy in Abu Dhabi and Puerto Rico without crying that it was too fuckin' hot.

People react differently. While I am sure that you are quite the hero amongst friends and family for your achievements to football, this thread isn't about how hot it has to be before YOU call it a day.

It worked out for the best anyway, and as has been said already - he did the right thing by coming off instead of trying to carry on when he couldn't.

But still come on Boydy it's just a bit of sunshine...

If he felt he couldn't perform, WHATEVER the reason, it's better that he own up to it and get someone else in.

Everyone would be going mental if he came out after it and said he couldn't handle the heat but played on. Then it would have been "unprofessional Boyd thinks he's bigger than the team."

Exactly.

Boydy won't ever win with some people.

:lol:

You're missing the point, like i said, no one is saying Boyd should have stayed on. Clearly he made the right decision to call it a day before he done damage to himself. It's the point he is getting himself into that state, due to his clear below average fitness, that is the worrying part. And he was hardly a workhorse that first half, he simply shouldnt be at that stage so soon in a match.

I seriously seriously doubt he is below average fitness.

If he felt he couldn't perform, WHATEVER the reason, it's better that he own up to it and get someone else in.

Everyone would be going mental if he came out after it and said he couldn't handle the heat but played on. Then it would have been "unprofessional Boyd thinks he's bigger than the team."

Exactly.

Boydy won't ever win with some people.

:lol:

You're missing the point, like i said, no one is saying Boyd should have stayed on. Clearly he made the right decision to call it a day before he done damage to himself. It's the point he is getting himself into that state, due to his clear below average fitness, that is the worrying part. And he was hardly a workhorse that first half, he simply shouldnt be at that stage so soon in a match.

I seriously seriously doubt he is below average fitness.

Everyone was fucked. I think they all had their Holiday heads on + the heat = tired. Boyd is the scape goat as usual though.

I'm sure if it was Lafferty or Miller, you'd have happily slaughtered them ;)

And am sure a lot of people wouldn't have slaughtered the likes of Lafferty/Novo/Papac etc. Sick to death of people on here trying to swing the whole Boyd debate thing with "Aye you wll never say hes wrong". Its just a shite argument in yet another shite debate that some people wont leave lie a suppose.