Charlie Mulgrew to Rangers?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Brown Brogue

I hope to fuck this is bullshit because he is absolutley fucking brutal. Barely good enough for Aberdeen let alone us, and thats a view from a couple of my Pittodrie season ticket holding mates.

Guest Andypendek

Do we need a fantastic defensive LB, though? 9 times out of 10 he'll do way more attacking than defending, and much as I rate Sasa I think we've lacked an attacking option up the left from full back.

Can't say much about Mulgrew other than he hits a good freekick, that Calderwood reckoned he had to work harder on the defensive side, and that his religion doesn't come into it for the manager, so there's not much point in the fans getting worked up about it.

After all, people have been saying we're too negative, at least this points to the team being rebuilt a bit more aggressively, even if it's not Mulgrew Smith is after.

Do we need a fantastic defensive LB, though? 9 times out of 10 he'll do way more attacking than defending, and much as I rate Sasa I think we've lacked an attacking option up the left from full back.

Can't say much about Mulgrew other than he hits a good freekick, that Calderwood reckoned he had to work harder on the defensive side, and that his religion doesn't come into it for the manager, so there's not much point in the fans getting worked up about it.

After all, people have been saying we're too negative, at least this points to the team being rebuilt a bit more aggressively, even if it's not Mulgrew Smith is after.

Or he could be looking to sign him as our new left midfielder with a vew to using him in the same defensive manner as stevie smith

Really don't know what to say, as far as I'm concerned a person's religion is irrelevant or what team they supported when growing up, the only thing that matters is their ability.

Is he good enough to play in the SPL for any club, then I think the answer to that is yes, and that includes us, people must remember we DO NOT have loads of cash, can't exactly say Walter has made any real mistakes in the defensive errors with his signings.

Is he good enough to play for us in on the European scene, then I think the answer to that is a definite NO.

Don't know what left sided players are available on Bosmans, but if we're looking at experience then this is what we should be doing, if not then we should be promoting our own youngsters and give them a chance, and that is if there is any truth in this rumour.

Bets this rumour started because some random person read in the paper that Lafferty phoned Mulgrew to apologise and assumed because Lafferty had his number to phone him that he must be signing for us, summer is such a silly season.

You've lost, you owe us all a tenner (tu)

The fact that he has played for celtic comments will be out of the window for ever now with kenny miller coming back to us and doing well..... remember celtic tossed him out on his arse when he was coming through...he owe's them nothing.... who fucking cares if he used to play for celtic reserves!!

As someone said in this topic.... we dont have alot of money.... he offers something we have been lacking for years...set-pices, free kicks and corner options... infront of papac I think he would be ok... he wont command alot of wages either....

i heard this too, supposedly he was at the cup final in hospitality by rangers and they were speaking before it, 750,000 for him apparently.

this is just things ive heard so could be the usual crap!