Weir Stays!

Simon.

2 players out, 8 more to go!

Let's get this straight, Weir can only be used as back up.

I agree but it would be fantastic cover also coaching role would be beneficial.

I really did think he would go.....captain to winning the double and what a way to finish up.....believe he does a lot of travelling back south to his family and I thought he would go...... Maybe walter staying has made him stay for another year.

As for next season.... I believe he will still be our centre half along with boogie.... against celtic / SPL he will be good enough but europe is a different kettle of fish..

Actually thought Dailly was a useful squad player - he proved his worth in the last 10 or so games. Not appalled to see him go but wouldn't have considered it the end of the world had he stayed.

As for Hemdani - content to sit on his wages for the rest of his contract, tbh, he can sod off. I was never a great fan of his bar 'that' display in Lyon.

You mean are main striker for the champions league has now gone?

Fairly funy coment, fairlly poor speeling aswel.

:( I was rushing, i'm meant to be working. I'll go stand in the corner.

Actually thought Dailly was a useful squad player - he proved his worth in the last 10 or so games. Not appalled to see him go but wouldn't have considered it the end of the world had he stayed.

As for Hemdani - content to sit on his wages for the rest of his contract, tbh, he can sod off. I was never a great fan of his bar 'that' display in Lyon.

Agree mate. Him and balde must have contacted to each other :lol:

2 players out, 8 more to go!

Let's get this straight, Weir can only be used as back up.

Think he's a bit better than that ! Deserves a wee crack at the Champs League ,but yeah ,def his last season !

What the hell is going on today? must be the sun.

I agree again!! <cr>

Weir Set For New Deal

by Lindsay Herron

WALTER SMITH is hopeful a deal can be agreed to keep Davie Weir at Rangers for another season.

Weir has been a tower strength in the fantastic Double-winning season and it was always expected he would stay on.

The former Everton star has been a rock at the back beside Madjid Bougherra in the hugely successful campaign.

Now he is close to completing the paperwork which will mean he will lead the side again next season.

Walter Smith told Rangrers World: "There is a keen-ness on both sides for David to remain with us so we will sit down and hopefully conclude the deal."

Meanwhile, Smith has paid triubute to Christian Dailly and Brahim Hemdani who are now leaving the club as they are at the end of their contracts.

He said: "Christian was brought in to do a specific job and he did it very well - never more so than in the March/April period of the season when were troubled by injuries.

"He is a terrific professional and I'm sure he will be able to keep playing.

"Although I didn't play Brahim this season, he was an important player for us last season and I have to praise his professionalism. We wish him well."