Weir Stays!

Simon.

Actually thought Dailly was a useful squad player - he proved his worth in the last 10 or so games. Not appalled to see him go but wouldn't have considered it the end of the world had he stayed.

As for Hemdani - content to sit on his wages for the rest of his contract, tbh, he can sod off. I was never a great fan of his bar 'that' display in Lyon.

What the hell is going on today? must be the sun.

I agree again!! <cr>

Behave yourself :pipe:

It's all well and good offloading players who reach the end of their contracts, it is trying to find buyers for the likes of Lee McCulloch, Andy Webster, Andrius Velicka, Steven Smith and Kirk Broadfoot that will be the most difficult part of the summer.

If we don't get rid of most, if not all, of these players then there will be little chance of any real signings in the summer i suspect. The wage bill must come down before we can sign players.

It's all well and good offloading players who reach the end of their contracts, it is trying to find buyers for the likes of Lee McCulloch, Andy Webster, Andrius Velicka, Steven Smith and Kirk Broadfoot that will be the most difficult part of the summer.

If we don't get rid of most, if not all, of these players then there will be little chance of any real signings in the summer i suspect. The wage bill must come down before we can sign players.

Hold onto Velicka.

Hold onto Velicka.

Seriously? You think he can contribute to the side next season? No way i would hold onto a guy who is basically our 4th choice striker when his wages could be used to fund a position that badly needs filled, such as left or right midfield.

Hold onto Velicka.

and Smith

Hold onto Velicka.

Seriously? You think he can contribute to the side next season? No way i would hold onto a guy who is basically our 4th choice striker when his wages could be used to fund a position that badly needs filled, such as left or right midfield.

I don't think Velicka would be exactly on a high wage for us, and when he did get a chance to play he did score some important goals, even though him and Boyd together was horrible to watch. As for Broadfoot he won't be going anywhere over the summer even if he was for sale due to his injury.

Great news about Weir staying, Daily could have done a job as a squad player but i'm not really botherd about him or Hemdain going.

Good luck to Hemdani and especially Dailly. He did us a good turn when we needed it most and his contribution should not be underestimated. A solid profesional.

Weir could stroll through another SPL campaign, glad he stayed on. (tu)

Some of the attitudes our fanbase show to players on the way out is fucking diabolical.

Ferguson when he first left, Hutton last year, Cousin and JCD recently and now Hemdani have all been absolutely slaughtered for leaving.

I thought we were meant to pride ourselves on class, dignity and appreciation? Especially in Hemdani's case, I find it bizarre. A recent player of the year awardee and normally very considered members of the board such as Coop are calling him a 'waste of a shirt'.

At least he's turned up when asked for most of his Gers career and gave us an excellent (IMO) 18 months, which is far more than a lot of genuine 'wastes of a shirt' have given us. I don't even know what Hemdani did wrong, as it's abundantly clear to any football fan that he's a better holding midfielder than Dailly or Lee McCulloch.

Did he suffer from not being one of the lads? Who knows.

Anyway, why the hatred towards people leaving on? I find it distasteful and I'd rather we left that sort of thing to the ambulance chasers.

Broadfoots going nowhere hes injured untill November I think.

The correct decision with all 3 players.

Hemdani should have been given a chance this season, especially at the time when Thomson got injured and Barry's form was so poor and Edu was considered not ready yet, but there has obviously been a fall-out between Smith and him, or a financial contractual matter.

Dailly is in my top 10 of worst Rangers players I have ever seen, it was a disgrace he was signed, it was a disgrace he was kept on after last season, and it was a disgrace he got another game after the semi final fiasco amongst other really really poor performances. Good riddance to bad rubbish where he is concerned.

Weir has earned his extra year, he played more games than any other player in the squad this season and he is a model professional and captain. Yes he is too slow now and needs a quick centre half beside him, but he is well worth another year, hopefully we can use him more sparingly to get the best out of him. The winter months are a lot harder to commute from England every week, and his form suffered as a result, but I have no doubt he will be a valuable squad member next season.

I thought we were meant to pride ourselves on class, dignity and appreciation? Especially in Hemdani's case, I find it bizarre. A recent player of the year awardee and normally very considered members of the board such as Coop are calling him a 'waste of a shirt'.

I was maybe a tad harsh saying that papa, but I stand by what I said, I just see a player who has pretty much been our Balde, hanging on to his contract when we have previously tried to encourage him to move on.

From his point of view as a player, what good has he done himself sitting on his arse at Ibrox? Hes devalued himself, we lose out completely that way and made himself much less of an attraction to prospective clubs. If I were wanting to buy a player of his type I would seriously question his attitude in not moving away earlier for the sake of his own career.