Giorgos Efrem leaves Rangers

gordov

If we have one a couple of years younger with equal ability then its bye bye, harsh but so is life, if he had been a total standout at Dundee then he may have been kept on, a player with aspirations to play for Rangers should run amok on the wing in that league.

i have noticed another young player we let go is attracting intrest from all over england. dani n'guessan, young french lad we let go to lincoln city. saw a few clips of him on you tube, by god he looks a player, makes lovenkrands look like a slouch and looks a bag of tricks aswell, ross mccormack another one, and there is scott dobie who we released a while back getting his big chance at swansea after being top scorer in scottish 1st division. murray park IS working, just the gers are not the team benefiting

What a shame in letting him go :(

He was one of the brightest talents at Murray Park

He was was he? It certainly doesnt seem that way. He was so good the u19s didnt need him and he went out on loan :lol:

Wasn't needed by the under-19s? he went on loan to one of the better 1st division teams to gain 1st team experiance, not because the under-19s didn't need him.

Dundees 1st team is at a much higher standard than rangers (or celtics) under 19s.

if the club dont think that these reserve players are up to it then get them away now

last thing we need is "nearly" players who manage to get 5k a week to be god awful in the first team but have a 4 year deal and bleed us dry

then leave on a free or we have to pay up their deals as they cannot be flogged

burke, adam etc spring to mind

Yes thats right all use Wattie lovers justify yet another decent young prospect being aloud to leave, well done, let go of a promising youth player and sign on a 40 year old who struggles to walk never mind run, congradulations!!!

Cant wait till next season!

Girls Allowed.

Yes thats right all use Wattie lovers justify yet another decent young prospect being aloud to leave, well done, let go of a promising youth player and sign on a 40 year old who struggles to walk never mind run, congradulations!!!

:rolleyes:

Your dig at David Weir is ridiculous. The big man has hardly put a foot wrong all season and has been part of the best defence in the league for a couple of seasons now.

Hardly put a foot wrong! erm its 0-0 89th minute davie weir hawls down ICT centre forward in penalty box resulting in penalty for ICT and a suspension against hearts with Boogy already out, out of the 2 home games we picked up 1 point becuase of the old yin! hardly put a foot wrong he says!!!! and whenever Boogy plays we dont get beat, when weir plays without him, he is shown up for the old pro he is! did he do the business against Kaunas as well!!! so dont tell me he hasnt put a foot wrong!

But all use LOYAL blue noses who are happy standin still and with 40 year old c/b's on you go, you are living in a fantasy world, god even maldini called it a day at 39?

PEDRO MENDES insists he has no plans to quit Rangers this summer.

The Portuguese midfielder has been linked with a move away from the Ibrox club almost from the start of his career with Walter Smith's side.

Sporting Lisbon are thought to be interested in taking him back to his homeland.

Italian giants Lazio are also reported to have expressed an interest as they look to mount a Serie A title charge next term.

Mendes, however, says he is more than happy to remain at Rangers after helping the club win the league and cup double this season.

He said: "My contract is valid for two years. I feel happy in Glasgow and I see no reason not to continue at Rangers."

The financial situation at Gers could still force the sale of top players.

Manager Walter Smith will hold talks this week with chairman Sir David Murray to establish just what restrictions, if any, he will face this summer.

Mendes would possibly have more clubs after him than any other player at Rangers, but this does not concern him.

"I do not know of interest from other clubs," he said. "One thing is for certain, I will not ask to leave. Nor do I think that Rangers are thinking about a possible transfer."

Smith expects to be forced to offload players before he can look to bring in some new faces in a bid to improve his side for next season.

But rather than lose top stars, Smith hopes to trim his squad back by moving on fringe players such as Alan Gow, Charlie Adam, Stevie Smith, DaMarcus Beasley and Graeme Smith.

And significant cash is likely to be raised through the departures of Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor, who earn a combined £45,000 a week.

Smith explained: "We still have that whole financial situation. It never affected Rangers in the latter stages of last season because we never lost anyone, but we still have that situation to adjust to this summer.

"The problem kicks in now. It means the decision process is not as straightforward as when I arrived when I could say I want him, him and him'. It will not be an easy close season for anybody.

"The Champions League has meant we have more power over the decision-making process but it is still there.

"Christian Dailly and Brahim Hemdani have left and we will lose a few others. There are three or four positions that could be doing with enhancing, but if we can't do that, that is the way it is."

Meantime, Rangers youngster Georgios Efrem - who spent some time on loan at Dundee - will sign for Cypriot side Omonia Nicosia.

good luck to the guy, he did look like a good prospect when he was at dundee.

you have an unhealthy fascination of older players mate, WIER WAS OUR BEST PLAYER ALONG SIDE BOOGIE so your point is rather mute.

Your dig at David Weir is ridiculous. The big man has hardly put a foot wrong all season and has been part of the best defence in the league for a couple of seasons now.

Hardly put a foot wrong! erm its 0-0 89th minute davie weir hawls down ICT centre forward in penalty box resulting in penalty for ICT and a suspension against hearts with Boogy already out, out of the 2 home games we picked up 1 point becuase of the old yin! hardly put a foot wrong he says!!!! and whenever Boogy plays we dont get beat, when weir plays without him, he is shown up for the old pro he is! did he do the business against Kaunas as well!!! so dont tell me he hasnt put a foot wrong!

But all use LOYAL blue noses who are happy standin still and with 40 year old c/b's on you go, you are living in a fantasy world, god even maldini called it a day at 39?

So waht does that make you a Glory Hunter? a tim?

It makes me ambitous! can we please put this into perspective! Davie Weir has done fantastic in the 2 and a bit years he has served however he has showed sign of aging and slowing up especialy when left without boogy beside him! it was the same with carlos last year! all i am saying is that surely our aim is a decent run in europe and to win the treble! I personaly think that with weir at the back this hinders these prospects especialy in the champions league and want a decent partner who is younger to play beside boogy next year! I dont want him kicked out of Ibrox but comon this guy is gonna be our captain which means he will play every game! that is ridiculous for a club our size!

It makes me ambitous! can we please put this into perspective! Davie Weir has done fantastic in the 2 and a bit years he has served however he has showed sign of aging and slowing up especialy when left without boogy beside him! it was the same with carlos last year! all i am saying is that surely our aim is a decent run in europe and to win the treble! I personaly think that with weir at the back this hinders these prospects especialy in the champions league and want a decent partner who is younger to play beside boogy next year! I dont want him kicked out of Ibrox but comon this guy is gonna be our captain which means he will play every game! that is ridiculous for a club our size!

my guess is he will be here for another year to help Wilson and webster make the transition into the first team and he is not going to be the captain for the whole season i believe that Thomson is the favourite to get the armband.

Get a grip of yourself! If Efrem was good enough for Rangers he'd still be a Rangers player.

And learn some grammar and spelling. Maybe then your opinion might even be worthy of consideration. :anguish: