Should we keep Kris Boyd ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I genuinely believed in January that if we wanted to have any chance of winning the league last season, we had to keep boyd(until the end of the season), but now (for next season) I think its the other way around, we need to try and cash in, if we want to win the league next year

at this moment i agree 100% with this

unless we make moves in the transfer market that will help boyd, losing aaron to me looks like the exact opposite.

wait n see i suppose

I know, without Aaron, Boyd would have never scored 30+ goals last season. :rolleyes:

geez peace, its quite obvious im saying letting players of aarons ilk go is a bad sign for boyd. aaron was without doubt our best out and out winger in the squad.

why anyone suggests we get rid of a 30+ goal scorer a season is beyond me

we cant afford to bring in someone else that can match that goal record.

god knows how many points boydy has won us.

What Rangers would get for Boyd, in todays inflated market, is not going to buy someone who has contributed as much to the cause. Boyd knows where the back of the net is. That is a rare talent in football. Keep him.

I genuinely believed in January that if we wanted to have any chance of winning the league last season, we had to keep boyd(until the end of the season), but now (for next season) I think its the other way around, we need to try and cash in, if we want to win the league next year

at this moment i agree 100% with this

unless we make moves in the transfer market that will help boyd, losing aaron to me looks like the exact opposite.

wait n see i suppose

I know, without Aaron, Boyd would have never scored 30+ goals last season. :rolleyes:

geez peace, its quite obvious im saying letting players of aarons ilk go is a bad sign for boyd. aaron was without doubt our best out and out winger in the squad.

doh All those games he played in, it was obvious really.

If Boyd is tostay he must play. I always remember Jambo Jim saying that when he joined us. But he would not be a first pick in big games so we then have the other Boyd we had last season. Would you start him in a Champions league game? Just think "Rangers get the ball 1 pass, 2 pass, 8 passes into midfield pass into Boyd 1 touch, Rangers loose the ball or ball goes to Boyd who falls on his fat arse looking for a foul. Boyd cannot play with his back to goal.

No sell him while his stock is high. We could bring in Kanu, would do a great job even if he is 32.

He's shite.

So who should we replace him with and who could score 30 a season

It would need to be a really shite player wouldn't it :rolleyes:

:S Kanu would never score 30 a season. We shouldn't replace Boyd with anyone, keep him.

You are missing the whole point pal

We cant and will not replace Boyd with anybody unless its a 4th rate player

Why are you even mentioning Kaka anyway keep on dreaming buster

I never said Kaka ya dumplin'.

If Boyd is tostay he must play. I always remember Jambo Jim saying that when he joined us. But he would not be a first pick in big games so we then have the other Boyd we had last season. Would you start him in a Champions league game? Just think "Rangers get the ball 1 pass, 2 pass, 8 passes into midfield pass into Boyd 1 touch, Rangers loose the ball or ball goes to Boyd who falls on his fat arse looking for a foul. Boyd cannot play with his back to goal.

I think you're a little wide of the mark. Boyd has shown a major improvement over the past few months, yet people ignore this.

I think you're a little wide of the mark. Boyd has shown a major improvement over the past few months, yet people ignore this.

Boyd has shown improvement but there did his goals go? He is a Kilmarnock striker we bought for 400K and can now make 10 times that for the same player as he has not improved that much.

Boyd has shown improvement but there did his goals go? He is a Kilmarnock striker we bought for 400K and can now make 10 times that for the same player as he has not improved that much.

Where did his goals go? In the back of the net, Kido. The fact that he only cost us 400k makes it better. We would be priced out for anyone that could come in and do that now. Who cares where he came from. We bought Davie Cooper from Clydebank, ffs.

Intresting so we bought Nuno from Porto Champions league winners, and he was not Rangers class as Boyd is not Rangers class. Why bring DC into it?

Boyd is not Rangers class :lol: Get tae fuck.

Should we keep Kris Boyd?....NO!

He's at the stage now of wanting big wages, Boyd got a taste of what kind of money he can get down south and with 1 year to go in his contract. Boyd and his agent will be wanting us to match it.

It's really sad to say but we can't/wont meet his demands, I'm expecting us to cash in.

QUOTE (:sleep1: @ Jun 9 2009, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Should we keep Kris Boyd?....NO!

He's at the stage now of wanting big wages, Boyd got a taste of what kind of money he can get down south and with 1 year to go in his contract. Boyd and his agent will be wanting us to match it.

It's really sad to say but we can't/wont meet his demands, I'm expecting us to cash in.

We don't know that for sure, Boyd has proven himself to be pretty unselfish with money in the past and he's shown himself to be loyal to us so far.

Funny thing is you must know sfa about football if you think he is.

Over 100 goals for Rangers in just as many appearances. What is a Rangers class striker then?

One that can control the ball and conduct himself in a proper maner would be a start. But would Boyd be in the top 20 strikers in the last 30 years?