***Official NEW Jersey Discussion Thread***

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as i was aware when i worked for Original Shoe (owned by JJB) that Rangers will not be Umbro this year hence the lack of anything new being brought out. And thats also why they bootlegged anything Rangers at about 75% off around January !!!! When they launch the new brand, they need to get rid of all the old branded stuff as they wont advertise stuff that aint current against a totally new branded jersey and equipment.

when Umbro was on the verge of going out of the game, it ceased to re-new major contracts which were about to expire to safeguard during takeover negotiations. Umbro's contract was in its final year with Rangers while negotiations with Nike, JJB and Mike Ashley took place. All saw in favour of a Nike takeover and there you go, Umbro took it up and have new owners.

As far as Rangers were concerened, a new kit maker was sought and the rumours I heard from the boys at work was that Puma were heavily interested. Haven't heard anything concrete since.

Might not be correct but I'm not speculating, its company info. The Champion rumour is very disturbing though, as JJB is its European distributer and own the rights to brand it in the UK, we all know JJB owns Rangers merchandising so keeping costs in house would be very influencial to a struggling JJB sports retailer knowing how big the Rangers fan base is and how many tops it will sell and make almost 100% profit on.

But how many companies would be interested in making the Rangers strip, knowing that it's only going on sale in one chain of stores. As far as I remember, I'm sure Umbro only made the strips on behalf of Rangers & didn't make anything per top sold, as I'm sure this is how other manufacturers make their money.

I do like the fake adidas tops. At least the Carling logo blends in with the colour of each top & not a big black banner, but not sure carling would want this, as is it not still branded as carling black label?

:uk:

WATP

get some scissors and get that collar to fuck

:lol:

i know thats not what its gona be but if it was i think it would look good without a collar